What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gymea Hotel re-opening soon FYI

lolesi

First Grade
groggo said:
good bistro a bangor tavern as well

Bistro has a new chef now and it is not as good anymore, waited like 1 hour for my meal, go up and ask, they say no worries, be out soon, i never even got it haha.

cheese

Bench
It's embarrassing to admit, but I also dont mind the Royal at sutho. It's got a pretty low brow clientelle at times, but the joints got soul.

The Nulla

Juniors
NthCronullaLocal said:
Bring back Coyotes on a Thursday night.....

Oh Coyts. My first night club experience. I was 17 and a freaky High School teacher got a few of us in because he taught one of the bouncers. From there I was hooked, $2.50 drinks in a plastic cup, condensation dripping from the ceiling, smoke filling my eyes, music shaking the whole place. Wow.

I even got in their once trashed, underage, with a blurred double stamp on the wrong hand and a fake european ID I had purchased for $30 on the internet. Worth every penny.

I loved you Coyts. You and your thursdays will always hold a special place in my heart !

And on the Northies debate i personally wish the old one was still there but have accepted the hand i have been dealt.

While not 18 when it was around i use to frequent the old northies bistro alot when i was a young kid and in my teens for dinner with parents. Now that was a bistro (5 buck calamari and chips!, 5 buck Nachos, free dinner rolls and with all its surf club memorabilia). Anyway after spending many a time there on a hot summers day i use to think the balcony was all time and couldnt wait to get amongst it.

The drive through bottlo created an excellent shortcut and I cruised through it countless times on my way home from the mall. It was also the only place in Cronulla that stocked resceshs DA to the delight of my old man (my old man was the only person that drank it too according to them).

Once got all the sharks autographs on my old footy cards there too one Sunday while the sharks where in the process of beginning Mad Monday.

Good times all around and was sad to see it go.

Dread

Juniors
Question: Who likes kids in pubs? I HATE going to the pub and having to see screaming, neglected brats running rampant in the bistro while their parents numbly sink piss. Bangor Tavern back bar has alot of that action.

'Tis true, although its never as bad when the place is crowded. Maybe that's because the little ones disappear into the mob.

Frenzy - as lolesi has confirmed, Bangor Tav's trivia is on for young and old... although the quiz master is f**king disgraceful.. in both appearance and ability to correctly mark a trivia sheet.

The Nulla #2

Bench
NthCronullaLocal said:
Once got all the sharks autographs on my old footy cards there too one Sunday while the sharks where in the process of beginning Mad Monday.

you can still do that now

I dont mind northies, fugg it, its beer birds and life.

fugg me fugg, lift lift lift

Bundy

Juniors
The Nulla said:
Northies is the premier location. It sits on the shores of Gods own land afterall. Respect !

... and there it is ladies and gentleman. The one and only reason this disgraceful venue exists.

Can anyone honestly tell me that this place would be successful at all if not for its Premier Location??? If you're answer is no, you are admitting that we are talking about a poorly designed, badly run, busted arse wannabe excuse for a pub.

C'mon guys, be honest... Is Northies really that good? Would you still sing its praises if it were exactly the same but picked up and dropped in the Heart of Sutherland?????

carcharias

Immortal
Northies looks like a carpeted underground carpark or a furniture show room.

I feel depresssed when there.

The Nulla #2

Bench
Bundy said:
C'mon guys, be honest... Is Northies really that good? Would you still sing its praises if it were exactly the same but picked up and dropped in the Heart of Sutherland?????

I dont think its that good.

But i do like it.

f**k me, its better than a lot of places in the shire.

The Crest(sorry Carch) - is a sh*thole, id prefer to sit in my WRX outside the maccas there.

The vinal room - if it wasnt for the hotdogs out the front, i would never have lined up.

Hunters - :lol:

I suppose its just enough for me. It has everything i need in a pub. TAB, BEER, MUSIC, GIRLS, FRIENDS, LOVE.

Lets have a forum party at northies, that would be way cool :lol:

carcharias

Immortal
The Crest(sorry Carch
Fuggen hell I go there twice in 6 years and I'm branded a local.
bwahahahaha

That's a bit like that old saying ...
"you could build the tallest building, the longest bridge , swim the widest ocean" .......but suck one dick .

SirShire

First Grade
Bundy said:
... and there it is ladies and gentleman. The one and only reason this disgraceful venue exists.

Can anyone honestly tell me that this place would be successful at all if not for its Premier Location??? If you're answer is no, you are admitting that we are talking about a poorly designed, badly run, busted arse wannabe excuse for a pub.

Probably not, but whose to say if Northies wasn't at that location, that it wouldnt be replaced with some joint equally as appealling? The main pull of the joint is that its 1 minute from the beach/surf club, 2 minutes from home or family's accomadation for many of us, close to food, nightlife etc. It's a central meeting point for all. It somewhere where you have a 99% chance of seeing a sh*tload of your mates on a Sunday because of the location. You dont exactly get that congregation at the Heathcote Inn.

FTR I love RMYC for a drink/feed, but it will never been a premier drinking location for young folk.

cheese said:
It's embarrassing to admit, but I also dont mind the Royal at sutho. It's got a pretty low brow clientelle at times, but the joints got soul.

Hahah that place got me through my higher education. Beers and pool at the Royal after exams. Whilst before I said I didn't care if staff were friendly or talkative at a bar/pub, the owners of the Royal were/are fantastic.

The Nulla said:
Oh Coyts. My first night club experience. I was 17 and a freaky High School teacher got a few of us in because he taught one of the bouncers. From there I was hooked, $2.50 drinks in a plastic cup, condensation dripping from the ceiling, smoke filling my eyes, music shaking the whole place. Wow.

I even got in their once trashed, underage, with a blurred double stamp on the wrong hand and a fake european ID I had purchased for $30 on the internet. Worth every penny.

I loved you Coyts. You and your thursdays will always hold a special place in my heart !

I made it once. What could have been ehh. Haha Lloydie was moonlighting as security in those days.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
NthCronullaLocal said:
Bring back Coyotes on a Thursday night.....

Yeah friday mornings in Caringbah have never been the same since. No more smashed windows, garbage bins set alight or upturned, broken trees, spew all over the footpaths, blood trails everywhere, half eaten pizzas spread over shopfronts, the stench of urine in shop doors, the local ER full of abusive dickheads awaiting a few stitches and an old favourite the smashed letterbox. Those were the days.

Rexxy

Coach
Supposedly a true story from the public bar at Caringbah. A bloke offers to show his mates a trick called the "bubbler". He drops his dacks, pisses into the air, and catches it in his mouth on the way down.

That to me sums up the Cazbah perfectly

gunnamatta bay said:
Yeah friday mornings in Caringbah have never been the same since. No more smashed windows, garbage bins set alight or upturned, broken trees, spew all over the footpaths, blood trails everywhere, half eaten pizzas spread over shopfronts, the stench of urine in shop doors, the local ER full of abusive dickheads awaiting a few stitches and an old favourite the smashed letterbox. Those were the days.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Rexxy said:
Supposedly a true story from the public bar at Caringbah. A bloke offers to show his mates a trick called the "bubbler". He drops his dacks, pisses into the air, and catches it in his mouth on the way down.

That to me sums up the Cazbah perfectly

That was during a period when they were trying to make the joint a bit classier.

Bundy

Juniors
gunnamatta bay said:
Hey rexxy Billy Smith is still part of the furniture in the main bar. Always good for a laugh.

Hahaha.... Billy Smith. He's a legend, he'll have a yarn with anyone one the public bar at Caringbah.

I was at a luncheon a while back, Daryl Brohmann, Tommy Raudonikas and Mario Fenech were talking about their good ol' days when up jumps Billy, as a guest of Caringbah Inn's table mind you, half cut, strolls up on stage, steals Mario's microphone clean out of his hands and takes over the show. He had everyone on the audience, 250+ people, in absolute stitches, even Tommy, Daryl and The Falcon were laughing it up on stage.

He's a great character.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Billy and Panda Andrews used to get on beer hill and keep the whole place in stitches. They used to give it to the refs like no one I've heard since.

Latest posts