What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gymea Hotel re-opening soon FYI

carcharias

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
Been there once Carch. A mate hired the room upstairs for his 30th and put a school uniform dress theme to it. The locals in the pub almost drowned in there saliva when they saw some of the chix. Funny though.

As JC said, seems like a real locals joint. I would not think the trade would be much else. Wasn't Janali Inn the pub where the bloke had no shoes and when asked to put some on he taped pork chops to his feet from a meat tray that was won?

He subsequently slipped on the tiled floor and successfully sued the pub?????

BWHAHAHAHA yes I think it was.

He was off his chops.

Bundy

Juniors
I think it was someone else who slipped on the fat from the pork chops.

either way, the genius Publican has cashed in on the unfortunate situation by selling T-Shirts that read...

"Get some pork on your fork, keep the meat off your feet and slip in to Janalli Inn".

I believe he donated half of theproceeds to charity.

The Pub itself trades fairly well and feeds on its demographic by offering good TAB coverage and a HUGE punters Club as well as having lingerie waitresses some afternoons (Fridays?). It's nothing really special though, just run by a smart Publican.

jc155776

Coach
The punters club does very good as well.

Pay your cash at the beginning of the year and you end up with about 3 or 4 free luncheons (seafood) and my uncle has almost every year got back what he put in plus a little more.

The Attorney

Juniors
Janali isnt a bad pub. Its probably the only "old school" one left in the shire.
Still has its regulars etc and hasnt been metro'd much. It was a funny place when Como pub was shut
The janalli locals and Como locals would drink on oppisite sides and glare at each other

You have to be worried about a pub that has happy hour at 10.00 untill 11.00 AM though plus the houseo's from across the train tracks can make life interesting there.

Great food but and i think they have an all day breakfast on the weekends

Nuffs

Bench
jannali inn is a sh*thole. and yeah if the houseos have a couple, there's guaranteed a fight

lingerie waitresses are fridays (i'm pretty sure anyway)

charlie barkers upstairs on the other hand is a great function room. big with a country farm-shed-like interior and i've been to numerous parties there and they've always been great

gunnamatta bay

Referee
SirShire said:
It has topless tuesdays aswell I believe
Thursday arvos at the Caringbah Inn was for the strippers. All the tradies would be there smashed and then the Coyotes mob would slowly drift in. What a mix!

Carlz

Juniors
The Attorney said:
I was at gymea on saturday night the place had a few teething problems but seemed good over all

Problems

Tiny bar
No music
ran out of food (led to me being extremly drunk)
Is across the road form the vinyl room (the place i allways go when i should be going home)

It does look hopefull for the future though. we need another good place for a drink in the shire

I was at the opening night and yeah it was electrical problem that closed it down.. I was in the pokie room waiting for drinks when the power went. ALOT of unhappy punters who lost their winnings....
But yeah we also noticed there was no music, which we werent happy about.
and the lines were easy 10m deep at all bars. clearly werent coping.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Carlz said:
I was at the opening night and yeah it was electrical problem that closed it down.. I was in the pokie room waiting for drinks when the power went. ALOT of unhappy punters who lost their winnings....
But yeah we also noticed there was no music, which we werent happy about.
and the lines were easy 10m deep at all bars. clearly werent coping.

Carlz did you get your money? Does the machine still have the 'credits' it displayed prior to the blackout or do they disappear? Just wondering.

Bundy

Juniors
The machine would still have the credits it had prior to the blackout. I don't know how the pub handled the situation but all machines would have displayed exactly what they had prior to the blackout when they were turned back on. If they were mid spin or even mid free games they would continue on from there.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Bundy said:
The machine would still have the credits it had prior to the blackout. I don't know how the pub handled the situation but all machines would have displayed exactly what they had prior to the blackout when they were turned back on. If they were mid spin or even mid free games they would continue on from there.

So would a punter have any claim on the money? How would they do that?

Bundy

Juniors
Yes, the punter still 'owns' the money and must be paid (but not necessarily on the spot), in this case it would have been impossible to tell exactly how much credit was on each machine. I would assume the hotel took all the details of the players with an aim to refund their money. It's at this stage that some players will tell the venue that they had $1000 in the machine and some players honestly have no idea how much they had in the machine. Obviously the venue would not pay any monies out until the machines were powered up again and the correct amount could be found.

Bundy

Juniors
Not the entire Club but individual machines or banks yes, I'm sure it has in all venues. We are fortunate to have a very good pokie tech on call 24/7 to get the machine/s back up & running ASAP though.
It's very diffucult to explain to someone, who may also have had a few drinks, that you can't give them their money back and that you can't simply accept what they say as the truth!

Bundy

Juniors
No it isn't. WILLY made an ambiguous statement. I asked a question about it. No accusations.

Latest posts