What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry Siejka

jenninga

First Grade
For two seasons now, we have had Price in charge. We have recruited only one class player and that is Dugan. This was with a bit of luck our way.

For next year we only have Widdop so far and if we're lucky maybe Dugan will

Don't blame the cattle; blame the people signing the cattle. Don't complain about the cattle playing out of position; blame the coach who makes the selections. Remember Price said at the beginning of this year, he would not continue with the idea of signing Rangi Chase because he is happy with the halves he had - even though Kyle was out for the season.

You talk about good judgement and knowledge of what needs to be done. Well it's there in front of you however, you don't want to see it.

For all members who blame the cattle and not the coach, I invite you to list the cattle you would get rid of and describe in which way each of these players have failed the team over the past two years.

It's my opinion that we have the nucleons of a good side and we just need a few players to replace some older heroes - Cooper, Fien and Weyman - and some bad recruitment decisions - C Stanley, Vae, Ah Mau, Vai Vai, Goodwin etc.

We need first grade ready players as back up in the Cutters and we need well coached enthusiastic first graders playing to winning game plans each week.

All of this is within the control of Club officials and most of this is outside the control of our players.

We have been over this over and over,major recruitment was put on hold for the possible signing of Bellamy.
And the players you mentiones,Vae,AhMau etc are 1st grade ready and playing for the Cutters,or do you mean signing players such as Slater ,Cronk etc for the Cutters.

possm

Coach
It's well documented that Price has not been involved in recruitment.
Again, not Price.
and Price said it had been his decision to withdraw from negotiations with the New Zealand-born playmaker.
I will leave apportioning blame to you. I believe in working within the constraints you are faced with, which is what Price has been forced to do, not playing the blame game.
the constraints you are faced with are mostly created by Price.
That's wrong, and you've had it pointed out to you before yet you continue to choose to ignore it.
At the time Kyle was injured and still not recovered from a knee injury. He later was ruled out for the season with another injury.
Kyle wasn't yet injured for the second time when Price made this statement, and Soward was also still a part of the picture.
Multiple posts by me stating halves, centres, and at least one, preferably two, big go forward props needed. It's not about failure, it's about whether they posses the requisite ability to make the side competitive.
As usual you aren't prepared to name the players that you say aren't up to it.
As I said, halves, centres, a prop or two.
And since you are referring to recruitment, also outside of the control of your whipping boy Price.
For the 2012 season and the early part of the 12013 season Price was involved with recruting. It was only later did Price say that recruiting was left to others. From this I gathered that he was relieved of the recruiting duties.
You lump everything together and then simply blame Price for the lot. Wrong and simplistic.

With regards to the performance of the team, the buck stops with Price. I'm sure that if the team was performing well, he would be given credit.

Mr Red

First Grade
i am hoping Price still isnt in charge in the 12013 season - could be a long spell between premierships.

jenninga

First Grade
i am hoping Price still isnt in charge in the 12013 season - could be a long spell between premierships.
If we don't win one by then it will be the longest spell in history.
I know i won't be around to see it.

bottle

Coach
With regards to the performance of the team, the buck stops with Price. I'm sure that if the team was performing well, he would be given credit.

It's hard to address your post when you make an abortion of your reply like that but I'll try.

and Price said it had been his decision to withdraw from negotiations with the New Zealand-born playmaker.
Fmd, just ignore the numerous situations where Price has indicated he isn't in the loop re signings. You're not big on facts anyway.
the constraints you are faced with are mostly created by Price.
Yes, absolutely. It was Price who injured Kyle, Weyman, Cooper, Beale.:roll:
At the time Kyle was injured and still not recovered from a knee injury. He later was ruled out for the season with another injury.
He was on track to return at the start of the season. Price isn't Nostradamus.
As usual you aren't prepared to name the players that you say aren't up to it
Are you thick? Halves, centres, a prop or two. I thought it was obvious when I quoted you about the players that need to go as emphasis.
But just to make you happy, here goes.
Fien, Soward, Chase Stanley, Cooper, Ah Mau, and unless his form improves, Weyman.
In other words, halves, centres, a prop or two.
Happy now?
For the 2012 season and the early part of the 12013 season Price was involved with recruting. It was only later did Price say that recruiting was left to others. From this I gathered that he was relieved of the recruiting duties.
You have no way of knowing this, so you just make it up because it suits your bias. You might as well throw in a phantom board meeting and a 'reconstructed' conversation to support it. It doesn't matter, you don't care if it's the case or not, as long as it fits your argument.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I keep hoping that Price will make selections that either seem rational to me or be even close to delivering successful outcomes. So far he's done little but reinforce the doubt of the "unbelievers".

Maybe he's just damned unlucky but when he puts a team together, you almost invariably immediately think, "that won't work" and it doesn't....Ever!

Minh

First Grade
It seems that way Cagey Mac, but one thing is for sure if he lasts to see 2014 there'll be no more excuses and only pure results will cut it.

Father Ted

First Grade
One thing about Price , he may be a contender for the most single minded and stubborn coach in league history.

giboz71

First Grade
We lament the lack of success of the cutters and 20's and the lack of recruitment to the expectation that Bellamy would sign. Agree with all this. It still doesn't make it acceptable that there are serious gaps in the roster.

End of the day, we have a roster that can't cut the mustard, and no one else capable of challenging the incumbents. How did it come to this? Hoping that Bellamy would come was a hail Mary at best. Where was the contingency plan? People have been comparing our plight to a business. Well, we have been under performing for close to 2 years. Wonder how many shareholders would have stuck with us?

The fact we keep dishing out the same game plan with the same players when we are 2 points from the spoon is a sad reflection of the plight we find ourselves. And I totally agree... We have no options other than to wait for next year.

TheRev

Coach
Listening to Price on Dragons TV today, seemed to be talking up Chase Stanley & Fien looking great in the halves, and getting the team to work to Chase's strengths. That's hawt.

I keep hoping that Price will make selections that either seem rational to me or be even close to delivering successful outcomes. So far he's done little but reinforce the doubt of the "unbelievers".

Maybe he's just damned unlucky but when he puts a team together, you almost invariably immediately think, "that won't work" and it doesn't....Ever!

...this is so true.

It is why there are have been soooo many comments like "he is on another planet" or "...he plays not to lose" or "...he is the most single minded or stubborn Coach in the NRL" or "...he doesn't give juniours enough opportunities" etc etc.

...our place on the ladder and the shortcomings of our playing roster aside - instead of telling us the reasons why he is being too harshly judged by his critics on this forum, how about telling us what Steve Price's strengths are?

After almost 2 seasons at the helm, and a 3 year apprenticeship under the best mentor, surely he has demonstrated something good that we can be positive about and justifies his tenure?

What are his strengths exactly?

Minh

First Grade
Listening to Price on Dragons TV today, seemed to be talking up Chase Stanley & Fien looking great in the halves, and getting the team to work to Chase's strengths. That's hawt.

That'll do me if he thinks that Chase Stanley is the solution at 5/8 and evn more worrying is that he thinks Chase is going well there. If he doesn't select Seijka or a genuine half next round I'm bloody worried about this Price guy.

...and defending Steve Price against criticisms concerning the player roster, i.e. because he is not involved in recruitment, is, well just embarrassing, and only serves to point out another of his shortcomings.

What other Club does that?

The Coach should be the one driving recruitment.

Instead, having recruitment dictated to him says to the world that management has no confidence in his judgement, and / or still have other plans to replace him - an untenable situation.

nrlnrl

First Grade

if you keep telling others something is right you're trying to force them to believe it's right, but it doesn't it make right

why does he pick the team as a lineup that's trying not to lose, rather than one that's trying to win ? If you don't understand that, have a look at the way we've been playing the last 2 years.

Even when Wayne Bennett coached the side & people said the Dragons were boring they would put teams away with convincing bursts of attack. There have been glimmers in a couple of games this year, but the rest has been wasted talent not utilised the right way.

Let them enjoy their footy & stop trying to be a Wayne Bennett clone - show everyone what a good coach you are ( not a good bloke )

...didn't realise it was embedded in that main interview - found it thanks.

A good interview.

For mine, a change in tone. From describing the 19-0 loss as being proud of the effort at the post match press conf, to saying twice "Penrith embarrassed us" in this interview - and at last a little more pep and urgency.

Latest posts