What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bluey lost the team?

Rich102

Staff member
By the way. I reckon to be competitive we need about 5 imports.

Last edited:

Fast Eddie

First Grade
But what's in it for us?

Damned if we're losing Mannering because of McClennan. The coach is the one on shifting ground here, not our captain.

A happy Mannering playing under a decent coach is good for the Kiwis. Plus I would be happy for Mannering, should have taken the big coin from the Bulldogs when he had the opportunity.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Jesus, Matty Johns can't be right about Kearney......can he?

No. That chump scratched his head, went hmmmm Kearney=Kiwi....Warriors=Kiwi team...Bluey not so good..Kearney new coach! Genius! I'll say 'those in the know' to give it weight! It's rubbish. Scurrah wouldn't dare take on a coach who has failed like Kearney, after what McClennan is putting us through.

Rich102

Staff member
http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Extend...ennan/tabid/317/articleID/264993/Default.aspx
Extended interview with Bluey.

Watch his eyes and body language.
Would this guy inspire you to go out and win?
In fact can you remember anything he said.

Iro isn't the man for the job either. Not sure about Ackland, probably lacks authority and big-time experiance.

Time for Owen Glen to stand up. Spend some of the Sonny Bill money on a top coach who can lead the club forward.
A top coach will attract top players.

Micistm

Bench
Why not give Ackland a chance as a caretaker/trial coach? But totally agree, big cash on a top coach. But then, Monie was no slouch was he, and his success was not total.
Lol, sometimes I just think this club is cursed!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Steve Folkes. He'd clear out plenty of the deadwood too, so many average players who are there just because they are Warriors juniors.

Rich102

Staff member
I agree, I think it needs someone from outside. Not "one of the boys".
Steve could be the man.

I think it needs someone with authority and Mana. Someone who will be listened to.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Thanks for posting that video - he looks like a spooked man. Like one who has the weight of the world on his shoulders and has no clue how to get it off.

From the why-did-you-write it file..

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/warriors-stand-firm-20120810-23zrt.html?

Highlights:

McClennan this week said he would give his 13th-placed side a rating of just five-out-of-10 for its progress and achievements. (Five is a pass. I'd go 3.5)

Players and management are standing firm behind first-year coach Brian McClennan (Then they quote Manu only. What's he going to say? Sounds like the old 'we give our full backing' scenario before he walks the plank. I hope.)

Former Warriors coach Tony Kemp believed McClennan would be shown the door next season if they underperform to the same extent. (Why does our most unsuccessful coach of all-time get a say? I'm amazed this guy is ever relevant)

''Bluey has the respect of everyone here,'' Vatuvei told NZ Newswire. (Perhaps those who get the captaincy. I doubt that's really the case.

Scott

Bench
I watched that first thing this morning and just thought we had no idea at all. He appears lost and quite frankly he sounds dumb! Harsh but fair in my eyes.

Micistm

Bench
Yep, like mentioned earlier in the topic, I put my hand up as one that thought Bluey would be great, and happy thinking if Cleary was going, we had the perfect guy for replacement.
I'm sure the guy is a nice bloke, and you'd enjoy talking league with em in a pub watching the game...but he seems out of his depth. To be fair he's had an incredibly cruel run of injuries of top players, but that said many of his ideas and selections are head scratchers.

ozbash

Referee
Yep, like mentioned earlier in the topic, I put my hand up as one that thought Bluey would be great, and happy thinking if Cleary was going, we had the perfect guy for replacement.
I'm sure the guy is a nice bloke, and you'd enjoy talking league with em in a pub watching the game...but he seems out of his depth. To be fair he's had an incredibly cruel run of injuries of top players, but that said many of his ideas and selections are head scratchers.

I'm not putting my hand up yet.

I think the problems are deeper than dodgy coach...

hitro

Juniors
He's unbearable. No wonder the players don't listen to him.
Give him the sack, get Daniel Anderson or Jason Taylor on a one year contract while they get Des or Bellamy

Aragorn

First Grade
http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Extend...ennan/tabid/317/articleID/264993/Default.aspx
Extended interview with Bluey.

Watch his eyes and body language.
Would this guy inspire you to go out and win?
In fact can you remember anything he said.

Iro isn't the man for the job either. Not sure about Ackland, probably lacks authority and big-time experiance.

Time for Owen Glen to stand up. Spend some of the Sonny Bill money on a top coach who can lead the club forward.
A top coach will attract top players.

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like a man:

1. short on confidence
2. short on hair :lol:
3 lacking charisma
4. lacking intelligence
5. lacking energy

no doubt in my mind he's not the one to take us to a NRL premiership.

a miracle would have to happen - like his hair growing back.

sorry, you were a mistake - a big mistake that is going already costing the club its reputation

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
yet again, i was working and forgot until i caught the last five minutes on radio sport while trying to get olympics updates.

hooooo boy we're f**ked.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We have signed Todd Lowrie melb Storm 2nd rower.
I hope he can tackle!

How reliable is this?

Actually wouldn't be the worst signing, although he doesn't add speed/defensive ability out wide, or punch on the fringes to suck defenders inward.

He's basically a Luck replacement, but any experience is good at this point.