What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hasler's comments on the ref

Garts

Bench
Kinda like how Manly fans change their tune on just about anyone that goes elsewhere?

Now that's funny

Agree, some of our dopey fans want T-Rex dropped as he is "apparently" playing sh!t. Lussick is also the worst player to pull on a Manly jumper. However this about you dopes this time.

Hope we fight it, even if we lose it will still show that we've had enough of the bullshit dished out by the referees.

Suttor and Harrigan need to be sacked asap, the damage they're doing to the game is deplorable.

Actually, Manly fans generally don't hold grudges regarding people that go elsewhere. A lot of Manly fans still like blokes like Burns and Hall. Never heard a bad word spoken about Chris Hicks when he played at Parra. Feelings were pretty mixed about whether people wanted Maria-Hargreaves to come back to Manly but it was more to do with risk v talent than the fact he'd walked away from the club. Most have no ill-feeling towards Hokinson though some were pretty annoyed that he stopped putting effort in after he signed with the dogs, we're just happy that he's your problem now and not ours. So besides Des, I think you've really just made up a situation that you would like to believe. Sure you're not related to X-Factor?

:roll:

I know a few Manly supporters IRL who are dirty on T-Rex for leaving the club.

Even Garts agrees that there are some fans who are mad he's leaving and that he should be dropped.

firechild

First Grade
:lol: Hicks, Burns and Hall

Pulling out all the big names

Go on then, name all the big name ex-Manly players at other clubs. Once you go past these guys you get to the likes of Tasi who never played 1st grade for Manly and then you're running out of players. You could also throw in Cuthbertson who like the others, Manly fans have no ill-will towards. We just laugh that he's become Bennett's other lap dog along with Boyd.

As for T-Rex, there was a discussion about this recently amongst Manly fans and it's hard to argue that since the Roosters game he's been very poor. My opinion was that Toovey should simply cut his game time. Still start him but bring Buhrer on earlier. Buhrer is strong in defense and puts in the effort. I don't think too many people want him dropped because he signed with the Dogs but he needs to decide whether he actually wants to be involved for the rest of the year because his form suggests he doesn't.

firechild

First Grade
I know a few Manly supporters IRL who are dirty on T-Rex for leaving the club.

There may be some but it wouldn't be the majority. We were always going to lose some players and most are glad it's Lussick and T-Rex rather than Matai, DCE, Foran, Ballin or one of the Stewarts.

firechild

First Grade
Bulldogs fans are already paying the fine by dumping their centrelink cheques into the pokies at Canterbury Leagues Club.

Boydy83

Juniors
Hmmm yes of course typical manly fan thinking they are better then anyone else do i need to remind you of the disgraced "Max" from your club ? the now bankrupt con artist?

Packy

Bench
I was caught speeding on my way to a Bulldogs game a few years ago. Reckon the club can help me out?

Canard

Immortal
Yes I think donating to a private organisation that operates on a budgets of 15M+ per year is a awesome idea! I mean De$ is only on a measly $1M+ salary.

Ill be taking the Tin around at the Storm Game this Friday night to see who can donate to the "Help News Ltd" Fund, they seem to be struggling at the moment.

Yes I think donating to a private organisation that operates on a budgets of 15M+ per year is a awesome idea! I mean De$ is only on a measly $1M+ salary.

Ill be taking the Tin around at the Storm Game this Friday night to see who can donate to the "Help News Ltd" Fund, they seem to be struggling at the moment.

The Storm already pass the tin around each game and but they give the proceeds to Cam, Billy and Cooper.

Boydy83

Juniors
Well the money is just a show of support and we putting the idea forward that we would donate the money to our clubs charity camp quality so mock as you like

Canard

Immortal
Well it was very EASY to mock in the way you posted it.

If it was "Fans unite to help charity" than I applaud you, but to be giving money for a 15M+ a year organisation to pay a multi-millionare coach's fine comes across as a little bit rich.

Danny-Boy

Juniors

:lol: Best post ever. Can't stop laughing.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Wouldnt they be better off putting the $3800 into the pokies? That way if they lose, the club gets the money, and if they win $10,000, they'll take it from the club and donate back to the cause. Wait scratch that, I'm sure I've confused the average Canterbury supporter.

dogslife

Coach
Yep, they're definitely doing it because they're worried about the club's ability to pay the fine. Good one!

firechild

First Grade
So they're raising money on the premise of paying the fine and donating it to charity? Seems pretty stupid to me, why not just do it on the premise of raising money for charity?

dogslife

Coach
Or they could be doing it as a show of support to the club and in particular the coach, obviously something lost on Moanly fans