What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne escapes suspension, no such luck for Gibbs

carpe

Juniors
Gibbs is quite notorioous. I remember he made a dangerous tackle on Hayne last season. It was intentional high shot. He was pleading his innocence. About Gus less we talk better. I saw the game again in Ch9, Gus think it is any unfortunate. Gus.. is pathetic. That is why I tend to avoid Channel 9 telecast. Even peter Sterling has got soft.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hayne has no case to answer
August 24, 2009 - 1:51PM
Parramatta star player Jarryd Hayne has avoided a charge from the NRL match review committee despite a complaint from the Wests Tigers following an incident with forward Gareth Ellis.
The Tigers complained that Hayne used his forearm on their English import immediately after fulltime in Friday's night blockbuster at the Sydney Football Stadium and highlighted potentially another incident in the first half involving the star Parramatta fullback and John Morris. Hayne, however, was not a listed as having a case to answer when the NRL released the charge sheet for round 24 today.
Tigers prop Bryce Gibbs is facing a two to three weeks suspension after being charged with dangerous contact with his knee after the NRL's video review on Monday.
Gibbs was put on report after catching Parramatta's Luke Burt in the back as the winger scored a try during the Tigers' 26-18 defeat to the Eels.
The 24-year-old will miss his side's last two regular season games against Gold Coast and the Bulldogs if he takes the early guilty plea - in what would be a big blow to the injury-hit Tigers' finals hopes.
If he opts to fight the charge and loses, he will face a three-game suspension.
Newcastle's Adam MacDougall avoided sanction after being put on report for a high tackle on North Queensland's Travis Burns in the Knights' 32-26 win on Saturday.
Glenn Jackson and AAP

Source: The Sydney Morning Herald

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/hayne-has-no-case-to-answer-20090824-ew2l.html

Bigfella

Coach
LOL at Sheens.

Can't help thinking he stitched Gibbs up nicely there. Gave the NRL the perfect opportunity to smother the criticisms of the 8 point try ... which it duly took.

What a goose. He tried to blame his players for not following the game plan re Hayne's chip and chase; he tried to blame the referees when the first two Tigers tries had massive queries about them; then he tried to get Hayne cited to improve his team's prospects of leapfrogging back past us over the next two rounds.

Gould was still talking the Tigers up , right until the last try.

Sounded like he had money going on them. Kept saying how well they were playing etc etc. I know that I am biased, but, I think Parra had them covered from the outset - never looked like losing in the second half.

What about the foot on the line - Gould kept on saying - give him the try, give him the try. Thats like me singing out "kick, kick, kick" to the horse that I backed which is about to get run over by something - you hope it can hold on, but, deep down, you know that you are about to get beat!

mickdo

Coach
What about the foot on the line - Gould kept on saying - give him the try, give him the try. Thats like me singing out "kick, kick, kick" to the horse that I backed which is about to get run over by something - you hope it can hold on, but, deep down, you know that you are about to get beat!

And for our try he couldn't wait to say that Hayne's pass was 'clearly forward' despite the useless camera angle, and was deathly quiet on Lawrence's forward flick pass for their third try. The guy is as transparent as mud.

EELICIT

Juniors

Sounded like he had money going on them. Kept saying how well they were playing etc etc. I know that I am biased, but, I think Parra had them covered from the outset - never looked like losing in the second half.

Gould has issues, Lets say that hayne did the same thing gibbes did, he would be asking for his head! So disregard goulds comments. Him wanting a try is for some unknown agenda. Cant really see why he'd do that but its in his nature !

strider

Post Whore

they shake their heads, bag the nrl and hammer the video refs week-in-week-out on the roast about tries being given when the player has lost the ball but there may be no separation ... yet Phil was ALL for them giving Ryan's last try :lol: :lol: .... 10/10 for the backflip Phil!! :lol:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Jess, got the email yet? ;-)

no actually! :lol:

LOL at Sheens.

Can't help thinking he stitched Gibbs up nicely there. Gave the NRL the perfect opportunity to smother the criticisms of the 8 point try ... which it duly took.
i had very similar thoughts BF - just shut your mouth and maybe it wouldn't have carried on!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gould was talking through his wallet and his pride, he is death riding Parra since we punted Funch. He has been made to look like an absolute fool with our form the last couple of months. How quiet was he yersterday when Finch had a barry??????

Mickyd39

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/news/clubs/eels/hayne-has-no-case-to-answer/2009/08/24/1251001844057.html

Parramatta star player Jarryd Hayne has avoided a charge from the NRL match review committee despite a complaint from the Wests Tigers following an incident with forward Gareth Ellis.
The Tigers complained that Hayne used his forearm on their English import immediately after fulltime in Friday's night blockbuster at the Sydney Football Stadium and highlighted potentially another incident in the first half involving the star Parramatta fullback and John Morris. Hayne, however, was not a listed as having a case to answer when the NRL released the charge sheet for round 24 today.

YEAH

This is the bit I like the best.

While I have got to give Tiger's credit for toughening up on the field: I think their forwards have successfully shaken off the "weak as a paper bag" tag with this latest form run - it appears they have a lot to learn about "toughening up" off the field.

Tim Sheens and his "I'm taken my clipboard and going home" tantrum mentality that he so ably displays, doesn't take away my impression that they still have a "weak as piss" culture surrounding the club.