What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne escapes suspension, no such luck for Gibbs

mickdo

Coach
What does any of this have to do with it? If injury automatically equated to suspension/guilt then Ben Smith would be gone for the season because of Tuiaki (or however you spell his name).

HJ, that's just the dumbest comparison and you know it. There is no offence for 'twisting a player in a tackle and accidentally landing on them with you body', but there is a charge for making contact with the head of your opponent. Like it or not, the extent of the injury is often a big factor in determining whether someone is charged or not, and what grading they might receive.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/24/2664887.htm?site=sydney

Wests Tigers prop Bryce Gibbs is facing suspension after been charged with kneeing Eels winger Luke Burt.

Gibbs conceded an eight-point try for dropping his knees into the back of Burt during Friday night's 26-18 loss to Parramatta.

He can accept a two-match ban with an early guilty plea, or risk a three-match suspension by contesting the charge at the judiciary.

The match review committee has laid no charge against Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne after requesting extra vision of a post-match incident involving Tigers forward Gareth Ellis.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/24/2664887.htm

Anyone wanting a laugh may want to find the thread in the NRL section and wait for skeepe's reaction.

you should click this before posting articles
switchmode.gif

they come out normal then. no idea why

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
24 August 2009

MEDIA RELEASE

The following player has been charged with an offence from Round 24 of the Telstra Premiership:

Bryce Gibbs - Tigers - 29th Minute - Dangerous Contact / Contact by Knee - Grade 2 - 7 yrs Incident Free Discount / No - Base Penalty for Charge 250 - Early Plea 225 - Guilty 300 - No Carry over points to be added.

strider

Post Whore
but, but, but ... tim sheens felt he was trying to pull out of it ..... and phil gould said "poor bryce couldn't stop it" .... dickheads!!! :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
No word on Hayne and either of his issues Jess?

Even if not, I doubt he'd be out of the woods as reported earlier the match review committee wanted new angles.

strider

Post Whore
No word on Hayne and either of his issues Jess?

Even if not, I doubt he'd be out of the woods as reported earlier the match review committee wanted new angles.
check the other thread about hayne - he didn't get charged with either

Eels Dude

Coach
check the other thread about hayne - he didn't get charged with either

Yeah I just saw that actually... but it still refers to the fact the match review committee have requested more camera angles, he could still be charged.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
the review email hasn't come through yet - but i doubt he'll be charged is he wasn't on this first sheet.

BTW - suck sh*t Gibbs! If you got the crap out of your game you'd be a decent player, but there's a reason for the reputation that preceeds you to the judiciary.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah I just saw that actually... but it still refers to the fact the match review committee have requested more camera angles, he could still be charged.
i think they mean they already looked at the extra footage and have decided no charges

surely they can't say they won't charge him and then go back on that ... fmd if you can do retrospective charges, then I'll charge John Ribot with being a trackhead fromt the period 1980 to 2002

The Colonel

Immortal
<H1>Gibbs facing ban for kneeing
Wests Tigers prop Bryce Gibbs is facing suspension after been charged with kneeing Eels winger Luke Burt.
Gibbs conceded an eight-point try for dropping his knees into the back of Burt during Friday night's 26-18 loss to Parramatta.
He can accept a two-match ban with an early guilty plea, or risk a three-match suspension by contesting the charge at the judiciary.
The match review committee has laid no charge against Parramatta's Jarryd Hayne after requesting extra vision of a post-match incident involving Tigers forward Gareth Ellis.
</H1>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/08/24/2664887.htm?site=news

Eels Dude

Coach
Paranoia much?

Just asking a question mate. No harm in that surely? I'm just saying keep in mind he may not be out of the woods yet as if the match review are waiting for extra camera angles they could possibly charge him later today or even tomorrow.

Yeah I think you're probably right in re-reading that Strider, but it's not very conclusive the wording.