What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne missing. Spags pissed off. Our crap in the Tele again !

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He asked for the weekend off, Kearney gave it to him. I don't get the issue. If it was a home game then I would understand as we would have sponsors to cater for.

I don't think his presence in the locker room is indicative(hope that's right and I'm not having a "prospective" moment) of anything.

Ratchy

Juniors
It probably should have been mandatory - but the coach gave him the day off. You can't give him the day off and put restrictions on it.

It's easy to say that it's a reflection of his attitude when we're struggling because everyone is in hysteria mode, but I hardly think a bloke enjoying a well-earned rest while his team got belted (which would have happened regardless of whether he was present at the game or not) is a big issue or symptomatic of deep cultural issues at the club (though I do think we have problems in that department myself).

With an attitude like that, thank god you never played in a footy team I played in or was involved with because I wouldn't want you there thats for sure.

And yes it does show the culture of the club. If you think for a minute a senior player from a club like the Broncos or the Storm would do that than your kidding yourself.

Eels Dude

Coach
With an attitude like that, thank god you never played in a footy team I played in or was involved with because I wouldn't want you there thats for sure.

And yes it does show the culture of the club. If you think for a minute a senior player from a club like the Broncos or the Storm would do that than your kidding yourself.

I'm surprised Hayne wasn't there. I would have expected him to be. I'm more surprised that Kearney gave him leave for the entire weekend and didn't expect him there on game day. And on top of that I'm even more surprised that he made that decision without consulting anyone above him and getting their approval too.

The club really needs someone in an authorative position between Kearney and Bob Bentley/ Roy Spagnolo who actually has a role in running the overall football operations side of things. It's certainly confusing as to who is making the every day decisions. Ray Hadley is looking more and more right. We are a basket case of a club.

Wally21

Bench
Hayne should be made to apologize to each and every fan that ever attended a game, pay for 80000 tickets to our game v Dogs at ANZ, collect the jock straps, spit polish the cheer leaders boots, do 400 hours of work at the club and then, taken into Church street mall and stoned to death by all of the people on this forum who are so upset. That should about make up for his trip to Woolies...

Last edited:

Djay

Juniors
Seriously get over it, we have way more important issues to worry about then this.

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta forward Ben Smith says he and teammates were not fazed by Jarryd Hayne's absence from Sunday's NRL clash against Manly.
Hayne, who injured his right foot during the State of Origin decider last Wednesday, was reportedly out shopping while the Eels suffered a 40-24 hammering by the reigning premiers at Brookvale Oval.
Smith said he only found out about reports of Hayne's whereabouts on Wednesday, but was not overly concerned.
"From a player's perspective, we're not too worried," Smith said.
"He was approved by the coach to do it, he obviously had something important on.
"For us it's not a big issue.
"He's had a big six weeks with Origin and that, so it's probably good for him to get away."
Smith, who will miss this Friday's match against Canterbury after accepting an early guilty plea for a dangerous contact charge on Brent Kite, admitted that Hayne's presence did not factor into the way he or his fellow players approached a game.
"For us, we're focused on the game so I'm not really focused on who's there and who's not there," he said.
Hayne did not speak to the media during a visit to The Children's Hospital at Westmead, where he was joined by Smith and Bulldogs stars Ben Barba and Krisnan Inu.
Players from both clubs were at the hospital to perform special 'work experience' duties and launch the Bandaged Bear Cup, which they will play for on Friday at ANZ Stadium.
http://www.nrl.com/hayne-absence-no-worry-for-eels-teammates/tabid/10874/newsid/68567/default.aspx

born an eel

Bench
"He was approved by the coach to do it, he obviously had something important on.
I wonder what else he had on besides shopping, as Benny assumes it was more important than watching.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
besides the clown who wrote the article, who said he was shopping ?

other than the fact that he may have just been there having lunch or meeting some one, why assume he was shopping ?

why are we even talking about this ?

Captain BF

Juniors

other than the fact that he may have just been there having lunch or meeting some one, why assume he was shopping ?

I agree. has to be the biggest beat up of a story ever! Absolute horse s*it article. His boss gave him the day off and he took it. He hasn't hurt, abused, assaulted anyone and hasn't done anything against the law. Just pathetic.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach

Spags brought it up. You'll have to ask him what the big deal is.

Eelementary

Post Whore

It is indeed fortunate we didn't play for the same side. I wanted my teammates to be men and not cry over tiny details. We would not have gotten along.

You can whine all you like, but this is a fact: Kearney (his boss) said it was fine.

Latest posts