What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

Ffs merkin get a grip.

Hopefully both parties have learnt a valuable lesson in all this. Hopefully the victim is able to get her life back on track and has better judgment going into the future.

a sad end when it could of been anything.
I don't think the lessons in this are all for the twice-convicted shit stain criminal, not for any other party.

Fair enough going the NFL but he lost his way after going to America must have been all the clowns he was hanging with over there..
"Big dog's gotta eat" - I think Hayne very much brought his own deficient personality over to things in America as well.

Not to mention the similar US civil case Hayne had to pay $100,000 to make disappear.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...h-payment-of-almost-100k-20190831-p52mo3.html

Scumbag of the highest order - and with his "three f**king years bro" clown outburst apparently still deluded that he did nothing wrong...

Time to start rescinding the shit stain's awards etc, for bringing the game into disrepute.

The father-of-three, who appeared via videolink in his prison greens, cried out 'f**king three years bro!' after the sentence was handed down at Sydney's Downing Centre Court on Friday.

It was the third time Hayne, 35, faced a trial over the same incident and the second time he was found guilty.

He'd earlier spent nine months in prison before his conviction was overturned on appeal in February, 2022.

Judge Graham Turnbull SC took nearly two hours to deliver the sentence on Friday.

Hayne was handed a total sentence of four years and nine months, but it was backdated to July 2, 2022 to account for the previous nine months Hayne spent in custody.

He was given a non-parole period of three years. Counting the time already served, he could be released on May 6, 2025.

Hayne replied 'say no more' after Judge Turnbull finished his remarks, before exclaiming about his total sentence and being taken off the screen.
Before the proceedings began, Hayne fidgeted and muttered 'far out' and 'oh my God' as he waited for Judge Turnbull to start.

Hayne's wife Amellia Bonnici didn't appear in court but watched the proceedings online.

One apparent supporter of Hayne logged onto the online stream with the username 'love you brovy'.

Hayne will now be properly classified as a prisoner in need of protection and moved to a accommodating prison where he will be around other high-profile prisoners.

In his sentencing remarks, Judge Turnbull made note of the athlete's fall from grace after having debuted in the NRL at just 18-years-old, and representing NSW and Australia.

'He won't be remembered for his sporting achievements,' he said.

Chipmunk

Coach
He could have leeched off the club for the rest of his life if he played his cards right and was managed properly by his manager Wayne Beavis when he returned from NFL but going for a quick sugar hit on the GC damaged his brand and never recovered.
I suspect there was more to the reasons for going to the Gold Coast and not signing for Parra upon his return. This was the year of our salary cap drama and I'd say Beavis was informed that there is no way he was going to be able to sign for Parra that year, and as the NRL was 'overseeing' the Titans at the time he was informed it would be in everyone's best interest that he considered going there and Beavis should make that happen.

I'd say The Plane's intentions were for a little cameo at the back end of the 2016 season before the Gold Coast would release him to return to Parra the following year. He didn't appear to want to be there in 2017, and never seemed to have the same level of motivation for any team after the 2016 season.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he had done nothing wrong she still would’ve been garbage, so I’m not victim blaming. What he did to her was wrong. But anyone who invites Jarryd Hayne around for sex is a piece of shit. Becoming a victim after the fact doesn’t erase that.

TheParraboy

Staff member
My thoughts this morning were that this whole thing was poorly handled. No means no and assault is assault BUT the justice system looks favourably at people who put their hand up and show remorse and I dare say the victim may have as well.

My gut feeling is that this could have resulted very differently had said merkins had half a brain.

yes indeed..

Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne has told a jury he knew a woman didn’t want to have sex with him in her bedroom but he wanted to “please her”.

Giving evidence in his defence during his rape trial in Newcastle district court on Friday, Hayne said he had been kissing the woman before she removed her pants and he performed oral sex on her.

“She was breathing heavily, she was fine,” Hayne said. “I knew she didn’t want to have sex. I thought I would just please her.”

He said he was suddenly in shock and jumped up when he “first felt the sense of a different liquid hit my lip”.

Hayne didn’t have a clue what it was and looked at his hands before realising it was blood.

If he had done nothing wrong she still would’ve been garbage, so I’m not victim blaming. What he did to her was wrong. But anyone who invites Jarryd Hayne around for sex is a piece of shit. Becoming a victim after the fact doesn’t erase that.
If you happen to have a daughter to raise, then best of luck with the teen and later years...

Now back to our resident victim blamer.... even the judge disagreed with you buddy.

She has had feelings blaming herself for allowing him to come into her home, for not being able to initially be open with family members. She didn’t feel safe at all in reporting it.”

But she should carry no blame, and feel in no way unclean, he [Judge Graham Turnbull] said.

The woman said she had felt for Hayne’s children, and that “the thought of being part of taking [away] someone’s daddy made me feel sick”.

The judge stressed: “It was not her fault.”

And the judge continues, in violent disagreement with mysoginistic victim blamers like our forum friend...

The judge said Hayne, knowing the woman was not consenting, “overwhelmed her in an inherently unequal contest and an indulgence of physical power to achieve some sexual gratification”.

“His preparedness to utilise, ultimately, the complainant as some kind of sexual object is a matter of significance in the manner in which he went about committing this offence,” Turnbull said.

He noted Hayne “maintains his innocence”, and, as a result, “expresses no contrition or remorse”.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't think the lessons in this are all for the twice-convicted shit stain criminal, not for any other party.

from an outsider looking in, without a premeditated mindset, unlike yourself, it was obvious he was lured there and some action was going to take place. For whatever reason it spiralled downhill quickly for both parties. Like I said, let’s hope moving forwards she makes a few wiser choices in the future.

Hayne has no choice for next two years.

IFR33K

Coach
You’re kidding. What sort of person invites Jarryd Hayne around to their mum’s house ffs

And she said no. What’s bewildering to me is a sexual assault took place and the mother didn’t hear a thing? Not saying it didn’t happen, but maybe both parties have stretched the truth a little

84 Baby

Referee
"Big dog's gotta eat" - I think Hayne very much brought his own deficient personality over to things in America as well.

Not to mention the similar US civil case Hayne had to pay $100,000 to make disappear.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...h-payment-of-almost-100k-20190831-p52mo3.html

Scumbag of the highest order - and with his "three f**king years bro" clown outburst apparently still deluded that he did nothing wrong...
TBF to him I think the “outburst” is out of proportion. People react to something as life changing as imprisonment in different ways. I took it as a statement of shock rather than directed at the judge

Latest posts