What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal~Quashed-Sued

from an outsider looking in, without a premeditated mindset, unlike yourself, it was obvious he was lured there and some action was going to take place. For whatever reason it spiralled downhill quickly for both parties. Like I said, let’s hope moving forwards she makes a few wiser choices in the future.

Hayne has no choice for next two years.
Please refer to the judge's comments, for a lesson in addressing your inherent misogyny.

TBF to him I think the “outburst” is out of proportion. People react to something as life changing as imprisonment in different ways. I took it as a statement of shock rather than directed at the judge
But how could the dimwit possibly be shocked, after three trials AND being told when this Guilty verdict was returned that he would definitely be jailed?

It's just another outburst from a shit stain who thought he was too good to get caught, and finally realising (in his prison greens) that his privileged life won't keep getting handed to him on a platter.

Eelogical

Referee
I think it all started running off the rails for him the moment someone got in his ear about heading to the NFL. He always had the talent on the field but not the brains to further his career without advice from his minders. In essence, he believed he was untouchable and on a mission from God. Fueled by media coverage and a desire to show the world his talents he fell in a bundle once reality checked in as far as on the field performances were concerned - post NRL. But not it private life. I figure that he thought he had an aura, no matter the situation. Footy players aren't smart in general. That's why they play NRL because they realise they have a physical gift that will earn them big money. Money they would not dream of as a regular merkin like the most of us. As far as the case in question is concerned, he should now do his time and move on. Kudos to his mrs by standing by him.

Incorrect

Coach
I think it all started running off the rails for him the moment someone got in his ear about heading to the NFL. He always had the talent on the field but not the brains to further his career without advice from his minders. In essence, he believed he was untouchable and on a mission from God. Fueled by media coverage and a desire to show the world his talents he fell in a bundle once reality checked in as far as on the field performances were concerned - post NRL. But not it private life. I figure that he thought he had an aura, no matter the situation. Footy players aren't smart in general. That's why they play NRL because they realise they have a physical gift that will earn them big money. Money they would not dream of as a regular merkin like the most of us. As far as the case in question is concerned, he should now do his time and move on. Kudos to his mrs by standing by him.
Kind of agree... But the seeds were sewn long before the NFL adventure. Like a few posters have mentioned, this wretched soul, blessed with phenomenal natural physical talents, has been surrounded by sycophants and people telling him he can do whatever he wants since he probably scored his first junior rep try.

The likes of Beavis and anyone tasked with managing him did nothing to benefit him long term. And if they did by providing some sound financial advice, it's probably been burned by the circus of the last 3 years at trial.

If we all transported ourselves back to circa September 2009 and someone slipped you a piece of paper that told you what happens to Hayne between then and now.... You'd call it the most far fetched story of all time about a footy player....

King-Gutho94

Coach
I suspect there was more to the reasons for going to the Gold Coast and not signing for Parra upon his return. This was the year of our salary cap drama and I'd say Beavis was informed that there is no way he was going to be able to sign for Parra that year, and as the NRL was 'overseeing' the Titans at the time he was informed it would be in everyone's best interest that he considered going there and Beavis should make that happen.

I'd say The Plane's intentions were for a little cameo at the back end of the 2016 season before the Gold Coast would release him to return to Parra the following year. He didn't appear to want to be there in 2017, and never seemed to have the same level of motivation for any team after the 2016 season.
Yes probably true but I can't cop the excuse from these players in that they let the manager dictate where they go not the other way around.

Unfortunately most players are too dumb to realise they are being used as pawns from the managers.

Beavis would have milked Jarryd for origin tickets etc and other perks during his career. But do you reckon he ever attended court as a show of support for Jarryd in past 5 years probably not.

Jarryd could have said no I will wait to 2017 and go spend a few months playing European rugby or even super league if Parramatta wasn't available for 8 pointless rounds in 2016.

I find it amusing how righteous some, or one in particular, can be on this forum.

"Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone", or something like that.
Well I don't think anyone on here has been convicted of sexual assault... which I think allows the sense of righteousness against a scum bag who has been (now twice).

Using the same anti-righteous logic, will you also now stick up for the rights of homophobes not to be challenged? Thought not :kissing_heart:

Incorrect

Coach
Last Word

At the end of the day, Jarryd just isn't that bright. And there's nothing wrong with that. But even the most intellectually deficient adult should know how to exercise restraint, show respect and recognise when they're wrong, in all sorts of life's situations. Jarryd seems to have lacked the ability to do so. Worse for him, and not just being oblivious to his surroundings, he has cost some people livelihoods not through any conscious or malicious intent, I firmly believe the guy just never had to wear the consequences of his actions, particularly (if not exclusively) when they were negative to those around him. There's one former NRL coach who I'm sure would be pretty chuffed (maybe that's the wrong word but you get the drift) with how things have panned out today.... And that's the shame of it all.

84 Baby

Referee
But how could the dimwit possibly be shocked, after three trials AND being told when this Guilty verdict was returned that he would definitely be jailed?

It's just another outburst from a shit stain who thought he was too good to get caught, and finally realising (in his prison greens) that his privileged life won't keep getting handed to him on a platter.
Final realisation then. That kind of reaction happens in sentencing all the time. It’s high emotions and when the judge give sentence that emotion releases.

You seem over invested in all this. If you think he’s that bad a person, I’d recommend avoiding most of the internet and media.

Final realisation then. That kind of reaction happens in sentencing all the time. It’s high emotions and when the judge give sentence that emotion releases.
Doesn't mean he's immune to criticism for it.
You seem over invested in all this. If you think he’s that bad a person, I’d recommend avoiding most of the internet and media.
I think he's a (twice) convicted sexual assaulter. And my consumption of the internet and media indicates that it tends to be in agreement with that 'bad' assessment of him.

84 Baby

Referee
Doesn't mean he's immune to criticism for it.

I think he's a (twice) convicted sexual assaulter. And my consumption of the internet and media indicates that it tends to be in agreement with that 'bad' assessment of him.
Sure but it’s hardly the noose to hang him. Oh my god he said bro in court!
Just saying you seem a little obsessed by it. Don’t worry about replying. I know you’ll heed the advice and let it go.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I find it amusing how righteous some, or one in particular, can be on this forum.

"Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone", or something like that.
I'm not being righteous. I also used to be a scumbag. I learned from it, and as IFREEK said, hopefully these people do too.

I still think he should be at liberty until his appeal his determined.

Hes complied with all of his conditions and isn’t exactly a flight risk.

I think it’s unfair that people face sentencing if the are appealing. Then the judge says he’s unrepentant.

He can’t say he’s sorry for something he’s appealing and the decision was wrong.

The process isn’t very civilised. A bit of a banana republic stench about it.