What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne the myth

Juniors
hayne is ok, but id never swap billy or gi for him, gotta remember hayne isnt pumping his own tyres, the media are

duck_dodgers

Juniors
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/league/stop-me-if-you-can-hayne-20091001-gegs.html

Stop me if you can: Hayne

October 1, 2009

Jarryd Hayne has been dreaming of this grand final moment his entire life and he has a simple message for Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy about the Storm's plans to stop him: "Yeah, good luck."

The Dally M medal winner taunted Melbourne just three days out from the NRL grand final, the most in-form player in rugby league declaring he was ready to deliver "something special" at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Hayne admitted he'd endured sleepless nights this week, not over the judicial matter which almost cost him a suspension, but because he kept imagining how he would tear apart the Storm defence.

"I'm sure the forwards will lay the foundation for me to do something special," said Hayne on Thursday.

"It's the most I've ever thought about a game. I'm always thinking about it, it's always in the back of my head.

"I've had a couple of sleepless nights and a couple of nights thinking about the game.

"I'm more excited than nervous."

------------

and this is what you get for believing the overblown hype written & spoken about you ...

742927-dt-splash-eel-the-pain.jpg

... reminds me of another player in 1999 who liked talking himself up and who also came 2nd to Melbourne in a GF .

True champions let their actions on the field speak for them .

Ladmate

Bench
Yeah, you guys are right and know your sh*t.
He is by far the most overrated player. Over the past 4 months, he hasn't being the most dominant player, in the NRL. He hasn't topped line breaks, meters gained or tackle busts. He hasn't scored the most spectacular tries this year. He hasnt been parra's go to man. He didnt get the eels into the finals.

I think he should hand his dally m medal back.

Since you are being sarcastic, I think most of Marshalls flicks are more exciting than a chip and chase.

nomarg

Since you are being sarcastic, I think most of Marshalls flicks are more exciting than a chip and chase.

I think Marshalls game breaking flick pass to set the GF win in 05 was better than the pathetic kicking game displayed by hayne.... no sarcasm here.

Meth

Staff member
one game and he is a myth? LOL. He has been a human highlight reel over the last few months.

Things didn't go his way today and Melbourne did well to shut him down.

He is overrated, but he is still a very, very good player and deserved the accolades he has received this year.

People are saying Slater > Hayne and Inglis > Hayne and that may be true...but more to the point, Slater, Inglis > Hayne. Parramatta looked best when Mateo stepped up and the Storm were put in two minds over who to watch.

IFR33K

Coach

You merkin, I haven't seen you posting here since the tigers season was over. You have criticized the eels and Hayne, since there golden run started. Yes, I was being sarcastic, and NO, Marshall to me, isn't more exciting. BTW, why would you mention Marshall, when the thread has nothing to do with him. Why dont you go back to the tiger forums, and talk about the signings of Geoff Danila.

Nightward

Juniors
Jarryd Hayne and Billy Slater have something in common; they roll the dice.

Unfortunately, that means they are always playing like their team is 4 behind with 10 seconds left on the clock. They try to turn everything into a big attacking play, and they're prone to brain snaps. When it works, they look like they're a genius. When it doesn't, it can easily lose you a game.

I would prefer a 100% safe fullback like Karmichael Hunt in his prime (Ye Gods, but he went MIA this year, especially after announcing his defection to AFL) to one like Slater or Hayne; in the long term, they'll be better for you, but the flashy players always garner more interest than the consistently good. Nick Kenny had an awesome season this year, but I doubt he'll be wearing the green and gold for a while yet...

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Lol he just had one bad game. He did deliver something "special"- and that was something "special" for the Storm- a premiership. He did farkall where it mattered most.
And duck dodgers, who was the Dragons player in '99 you were referring to?
Mundine right? I'm sure he went on a rant as to how powerful and unstoppable he was.

Shorty

Staff member
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/league/stop-me-if-you-can-hayne-20091001-gegs.html

------------

and this is what you get for believing the overblown hype written & spoken about you ...

742927-dt-splash-eel-the-pain.jpg

... reminds me of another player in 1999 who liked talking himself up and who also came 2nd to Melbourne in a GF .

True champions let their actions on the field speak for them .
:lol:

What was he supposed to say?
'Oh sh*t, well I guess I'd better watch out then!'.

I've never seen so much jealousy in my life, difference is, Hayne will return to the game next year and continue to grow and come April....half you f**kers will be cheering for him to bring the Origin shield home.
Armchair experts, got to love them.

Juniors
what sort of expert are you shor..... pwwwwwww hahahahahaha sorry sorry i had a lil trouble saying that with a straight face

slippy

Juniors
Everyone bagging Hayne can go f**k themselves seriously.. he is 21 in his first grand final!! Who remembers the 2006 grand final when Inglis and Slater went MIA? The broncos experience got them home.. and the Sea Eagles first grand final of 2007, the whole lot of them went MIA, and the Storms experience saw them home - and funnily enough GI returned BETTER FOR THE EXPERIENCE and got the CC medal.

You cannot beat experience. This young Eels side has that experience now, so watch the f**k out because this competition is ours in 2010.

Shorty

Staff member
what sort of expert are you shor..... pwwwwwww hahahahahaha sorry sorry i had a lil trouble saying that with a straight face
:?

That has to be the weakest attempt at a comeback I've seen on this forum.
And there's some dumb*sses on here.
:lol::lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne Envy.

So much hate. What a sad little bunch you are on the internet.

The media will still be all over Jarryd Hayne and the Parramatta Eels next year, win, lose or draw. And the year after that.

The NRL's all about Parramatta. Even when the fairy tale turns bad they're still the fairy tale team.

No wonder you hate them.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Everyone bagging Hayne can go f**k themselves seriously.. he is 21 in his first grand final!! Who remembers the 2006 grand final when Inglis and Slater went MIA? The broncos experience got them home.. and the Sea Eagles first grand final of 2007, the whole lot of them went MIA, and the Storms experience saw them home - and funnily enough GI returned BETTER FOR THE EXPERIENCE and got the CC medal.

You cannot beat experience. This young Eels side has that experience now, so watch the f**k out because this competition is ours in 2010.

And who remembers 2005 when a couple of young blokes from the Tigers (Marshall and Farah) took every opportunity with both hands in their stride with the help of Hodgson and Prince who himself was really just coming back from 2 or 3 broken legs.

On one hand I do feel sorry for Hayne because all they have done is thrown him the ball and told to do something but on the other hand he comes across as arrogant and the self pro claimed saviour of Parramatta.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And who remembers 2005 when a couple of young blokes from the Tigers (Marshall and Farah) took every opportunity with both hands in their stride with the help of Hodgson and Prince who himself was really just coming back from 2 or 3 broken legs.

Oh you mean the team that played the decider against the North Queensland Nevilles? None of the best teams played in the 2005 Grand Final.

Jarryd Hayne beat the teams that came in at 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the run to the Grand Final this year. Unfortunately he only managed 168 running metres and a try assist against the team playing in its 4th consecutive grand final.

Great analogy. :roll:

On one hand I do feel sorry for Hayne

Don't feel sorry for him, he's the best player in the world and he's only 21. What have you ever done?

because all they have done is thrown him the ball and told to do something but on the other hand he comes across as arrogant and the self pro claimed saviour of Parramatta.

Because he is.

Parramatta haven't had a superstar in their team since 1986.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Oh you mean the team that played the decider against the North Queensland Nevilles? None of the best teams played in the 2005 Grand Final.

Jarryd Hayne beat the teams that came in at 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the run to the Grand Final this year. Unfortunately he only managed 168 running metres and a try assist against the team playing in its 4th consecutive grand final.

Great analogy. :roll:

Don't feel sorry for him, he's the best player in the world and he's only 21. What have you ever done?

Because he is.

Parramatta haven't had a superstar in their team since 1986.

It doesn't matter what I have done. He is the bloke out there talking himself up.

Best player in the world? Didn't you happen to catch the first 15 rounds of the competition??

The top 3 teams all ran out of puff. Gold Coast got belted by Manly, Bulldogs couldn't beat the Tigers and the Dragons won one game in how many weeks? 5 or 6?

Didn't the Cowboys beat the same Parramatta Eels, the minor premiers in '05, 29-0 in the GF qualifier :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It doesn't matter what I have done. He is the bloke out there talking himself up.

Why wouldn't he? He's a human highlight reel.

Best player in the world? Didn't you happen to catch the first 15 rounds of the competition??

Just my point. Hayne did more in the second half of the season than every other player did in the whole season.

Dally M Player of the Year mate. He was also NSW's best in Origin.

The top 3 teams all ran out of puff.

What? Did they play more games than anyone else?

"Ran out of puff"... what a stupid thing to say.

Gold Coast got belted by Manly, Bulldogs couldn't beat the Tigers and the Dragons won one game in how many weeks? 5 or 6?

Mate, none of them could beat the Eels.

Didn't the Cowboys beat the same Parramatta Eels, the minor premiers in '05, 29-0 in the GF qualifier :lol:

You low merkin.

Fancy the rookie halfback with the mental illness having a shocker in a big match. :roll:

The rest of the team shouldn't have given up like they did, but they knew they were no chance when they realised Tim Smith didn't bring his footy boots that day.

Some things are just demoralising. See Melbourne's performance in last year's decider without Cameron Smith.