What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

_Johnsy

Referee
We had Beau SCOTT suspended for leading with his feet when a NQ player scored, and he didn't even make contact. Judiciary is a like a lucky door prize.

Martli

Coach
I think it is a great decision and that the panel should be very proud of themselves.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
:lol:

Because a deliberate, unprovoked headbutt that makes contact is EXACTLY THE SAME as a guy being king hit and retaliating in a way that completely missed while he was still being punched.

If anything, the fact Vidot was ridiculously outed for 2 matches for that incident shows just how ridiculous the decision to clear Hayne was.

excuse me Mr Skeepe, but did you say unprovoked ?

Ike E Bear

Juniors
As I posted in the Interstate forum ...

I'm obviously happy that Hayne will play, but I'm worried that he's just not going to learn from his mistakes. There's an ugly element to some of his actions. If there were some consequences for these little brain farts, he might correct his behaviour.

_Johnsy

Referee
excuse me Mr Skeepe, but did you say unprovoked ?

I'm surprised you heard a word skeepe has said at all

head_up_ass.jpg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That must be such an achievement considering its only been around for 5 years. :roll:

Well it is considering he's only played in 3 series. That's Blues Player of the Series for two-thirds of all the series he's played in.

You think that's not an achievement?

In 2007 NSW used 24 players. Six of those played in all three games. Any of them could've won it but it was 19 year old Jarryd Hayne.

In 2008 the Blues used 24 players again, with 10 of them playing all three games. Hayne only played games 1 and 3 due to suspension so obviously didn't get player of the series. I guess it's coincidence that in the game he missed NSW lost 30-0? The games he played in they won 18-10 and lost 16-10.

Then last year he won the Brad Fittler Medal again. It didn't have to be him, though only three Blues played in all three games (NSW used 29 players in the series).

My point is, with the hordes of players the Blues have used in the past three years, only a handful have been good enough to keep their spots throughout all the losses, and only two have been Blues Player of the Series in that time - Blues legend Danny Buderus and Jarryd Hayne. And Hayne won it twice.

Even former Queensland greats have praised his heart and ability: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/greats-praise-honorary-queenslander-hayne-20090628-d0oo.html

If you're questioning Jarryd Hayne's ability you're either blind or an idiot or both. If you're questioning his heart it's for one reason only - jealousy. They don't give Dally M awards to blokes with no talent and they don't give them to blokes who don't put in.

simostorm

Bench
they are both sooks / grubs, except one is NSW and one is QLD, which is why I f**king hate Slater, it's usually always him or Blair that get into fights when it's with the Storm, so it tells your story, Hayne isn't much better either.

you must have really hated Johns and Buderus when they played for you then hey.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hayne, Slater, Thurston etc. avoid suspensions despite having terrible records at the judiciary and having intent behind their actions.

Meanwhile Luke Lewis is punished to miss a game for a tackle that was a genuine accident and wasn't all that bad in the first place... even though he has an almost perfect record after close to 10 years in first grade.

skeepe

Immortal
Hayne, Slater, Thurston etc. avoid suspensions despite having terrible records at the judiciary and having intent behind their actions.

Meanwhile Luke Lewis is punished to miss a game for a tackle that was a genuine accident and wasn't all that bad in the first place... even though he has an almost perfect record after close to 10 years in first grade.

Lewis got suspended? Harsh. Particularly when you consider Nathan Friend wasn't even charged for a far worse, almost deliberate spear tackle.

Ike E Bear

Juniors

That does suck.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
It's an outrage! Hayne is the grubiest grub there ever was. And he's a cat! Typical judiciary. What a bunch of jokers.

simostorm

Bench
Thurston escaping charge, Slater also.. Hayne gettin off. Which i think he was always goin to get off. The NRL have gone easy on there rep players around origin time.

This is a good thing. Maybe the days when the big name players miss the big games are at a end.. isnt this what weve always wanted?

Doomednow

Bench
Judiciary had to save face. Its balls but unsurprising. He'll be back for game 3 though and at least he'll be fresh for his next game. Still, kind of p*ssed.

Fui!!!

Juniors
I agree.

From next year, If you get charged with a grade 1 anything, you should be allowed to defer the punishment to the next club game.

simostorm

Bench
Judiciary had to save face. Its balls but unsurprising. He'll be back for game 3 though and at least he'll be fresh for his next game. Still, kind of p*ssed.

Its different from what weve seen in the past that may have happened to players from your club or whatever.

But i hope this is the NRL finally softening there stance on having the big guns in the big games despite the charge.

Latest posts