What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellberg Finalists

JAG

Juniors
I think, considering where I'm originally from and what my favourite sport is, I'll leave this one well alone....

***Gets coat and tiptoes back out again***

Jesbass

First Grade
I think, considering where I'm originally from and what my favourite sport is, I'll leave this one well alone....

***Gets coat and tiptoes back out again***

...safe in the knowledge that the right team won on the day. ;-)

Micistm

Bench
'y know, when it comes down to it, the award went to a worthy winner, as it did a couple of years ago when the Swindells got team over the Kiwis- despite their world cup win.
What grates, to me, is the pompousity of the judges, the snobbery in their opinions and the sheer refusal to accept the possibility they made an incorrect result.
So to me, the problem is not with the awards, apart from the selection of one completely different sport over another different sport-Meaning the judges have specific 'values' for different sports-meaning certain nominees have no hope of winning so why bother nominating them...
...It's the judges themselves. They make what should be a night to enjoy and celebrate sport from the previous year an utter bitchslap.
So ditch them. Take the judges from the equation, and just enjoy the night.