What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go.......again.

Special K

Coach
As it stands the only difference between us and the other 5 clubs is Elkin from what I can gather.

Ausguy

Coach
Imagine being a club that wasnt involved with Dank.

So they had other means of sourcing these supplements. Interesting.

husky65

Juniors
I think that there are a number of clubs involved here but someone has told asada to go to the sharks first because we have always fallen over backwards to do the right thing. It's something like " if we get some names out of the sharks that will make our job easier and shut the public up for awhile. It will prove we have been right. We will face a much tougher fight from say manly so lets go to sharks first. They have proven they are willing to cooperate so let's see how we go with them"
Something stinks. And it ain't the sharks imo

The other factor IMO roboshark is that the Sharks finances make them more vulnerable (ie less able to employ top shelf lawyers), so more likely to accept a deal rather than fight.

ASADA needs to land a punch, having swung the biggest air swing in Australian sporting history last month, and they seem to have thought that the Sharks would sit still for it.

Getting a few scalps early would take some of the sting out of their earlier failure and perhaps encouraged a few more players from other clubs to fold.

Ausguy

Coach
So tell me this... how can players get out on the field this weekend if asada know this information. Surely if there ar eplayers that are guilty there should be zero tolerance.

roboshark

Coach
The other factor IMO roboshark is that the Sharks finances make them more vulnerable (ie less able to employ top shelf lawyers), so more likely to accept a deal rather than fight.

ASADA needs to land a punch, having swung the biggest air swing in Australian sporting history last month, and they seem to have thought that the Sharks would sit still for it.

Getting a few scalps early would take some of the sting out of their earlier failure and perhaps encouraged a few more players from other clubs to fold.

Yep. I reckon they need someone as an example and have gone us first because of our past do the right thing and easy target mentality.

I hope the old saying if " the beat predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour" doesn't come into play here from our club

CrazyTiger

Juniors
The ACC only have coercive powers in CRIMINAL matters, there is NO allegation of criminality here,
You can dress it up as you like. You so much as talk about what you discussed with the ACC and they may throw you in gaol.

it is only alleged that sporting codes were broken and frankly, given the information available to date, that would be tough to prove as the substances alleged to have been used were NOT banned or illegal at the time of use and hence could not be found to have been a crime to use.
They are targeting illegal activity. The information "available to date" is whatever they chose to share. This is because they have a lot of power.

The ACC have no ability to demand that players talk in this case, there is no suggestion that they have even broken parking laws, let alone been involved in serious and organised crime.
They can force them not to talk though. This is very significant. They are clearly investigating whether they have been involved in serious and organised crime.

Eion

First Grade
I took what you said on board. I have engaged in serious debate. Asked questions you lot don't like. Bad luck. Start debating the issues.

1) PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU WON'T CRY IF YOUR POINTS ARE STRIPPED IF YOU WIN WITH A TEAM THAT HAS 6 PLAYERS BANNED NEXT WEEK!

That is a pretty simple question. Now answer it.

I'll answer it. I wont cry because no doubt a fair and transparent process will have been followed to strip the points.

Now f**k off.

http://theconversation.edu.au/cronulla-sharks-and-thymosin-beta-4-is-it-doping-12694

The link above essentially says that the type of supplement in question is treated ambiguously by WADA.*

While it was not specifically "banned" at the time it MAY be treated as such under a "catch all" clause. Some substances with similar properties (even containing thymosin!) may be injected directly to your heart's (or knee's) content but are AOK according to WADA. Go figure.*

Determination of illegality is also "subject to the form used" - was it oral, intramuscular or intravenous?

This stinks and the legal fraternity will love it.

And now an exercise for us aggrieved Sharks supporters:-

Compare the treatment of the Sharks to the Essendon experience.*

Two footy clubs, identical allegations, same potential villain but the practice seems to have been pervasive, long lasting and accepted at Essendon whereas it was a short lived phenomenon at Cronulla, who stopped it pretty quickly.

Did ASADA meet with the Shark's players and officials to brief them on their rights and tell them about the "get out" clause??*(which allows athletes to escape punishment under "exceptional circumstances" if it can be proved they were given illegal substances against their consent).

ASADA did this with Essendon on February 20th, days*before they started any interviews. Yes. ASADA. Before*any player interviews. Lots of time to lawyer up, close ranks and get the story straight.

Did Essendon call them and ASADA was absolutely delighted to come and help out the club they were about to investigate, or did ASADA independently think it was a great idea to pop in to Windy Hill one day for a quiet chat with the boys? Not sure which scenario is less palatable, but you just know the imposing presence of Demetriou is hovering somewhere in the background.

And definitely no 48 hour ultimatum to the players to fess up. No way, no chance and no hope in hell of THAT working with a Melbourne AFL club. ASADA people would have been quietly informed they would never work again anywhere in the world in this lifetime and the next if they tried that stunt.

Essendon expects any ASADA investigation to run for a minimum of three months (how do they know that?) and have commissioned an "independent" inquiry all by their good selves. Bully for them. Bully for their connections and bully for the AFL's political clout and influence.

I seem to remember the AFL's hastily convened drugs conference being held a week or so just before the big announcement. Curious timing, that.

We have been shafted.

This stinks.

Ausguy

Coach
I took what you said on board. I have engaged in serious debate. Asked questions you lot don't like. Bad luck. Start debating the issues.

1) PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU WON'T CRY IF YOUR POINTS ARE STRIPPED IF YOU WIN WITH A TEAM THAT HAS 6 PLAYERS BANNED NEXT WEEK!

That is a pretty simple question. Now answer it.

So now you want answers. Double standard much?

Our points were stripped in round 1 last year, no one cried.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
So tell me this... how can players get out on the field this weekend if asada know this information. Surely if there ar eplayers that are guilty there should be zero tolerance.

They won't run out. If they win they will lose the points down the track.

Eion

First Grade

Couldn't agree more with all of this husk.

What seems to happen to the sharks though is we take one step forward and everyone else one step back. Just our lot to be the one to take the only punch out of this. Need to bunker down.

Ausguy

Coach
They won't run out. If they win they will lose the points down the track.

That had nothing to do with what i just said.

I will capitalise it for you.

HOW CAN PLAYERS WHO ARE APPARENTLY GUILTY COMPETE THIS WEEKEND AT ALL ??? IF THEY HAVE EVIDENCE TO BAN THEM FOR 2 YEARS THEN CALL IT IN NOW.

Stripped points has nothing to do with it.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
So now you want answers. Double standard much?

Our points were stripped in round 1 last year, no one cried.

You are deluded if you thought you won round 1 last year. Both sides were an embarrassment to watch frankly. It was a horrible horrible game.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
That had nothing to do with what i just said.

I will capitalise it for you.

HOW CAN PLAYERS WHO ARE APPARENTLY GUILTY COMPETE THIS WEEKEND AT ALL ??? IF THEY HAVE EVIDENCE TO BAN THEM FOR 2 YEARS THEN CALL IT IN NOW.

Stripped points has nothing to do with it.

It is a question of being practical. Sometimes people who are convicted of murder spend time out on bail before going to gaol for the rest of their lives. It is to protect the innocent who find themselves in a similar situation.

There is a process to be followed.

Ausguy

Coach
You are deluded if you thought you won round 1 last year. Both sides were an embarrassment to watch frankly. It was a horrible horrible game.

Cos you could do better in 41c.

Now... you came here to debate...

Tell me why the unnamed players should accept a 6 month ban? Put yourself in their shoes and answer like they would not in a way a rival fan would.

While you are at it, explain to me why there has been no official naming of players, not even to the club?

Why have the NRL and players association distanced themselves from the issue?

Why did all of this happen the same week JG stayed in a shoddy hotel in Rooty HIll and on the eve of the nrl kickoff?

WHy are Manly not being targetted when Dank spent 4 years there?

You are hung up on the sharks being punished because you are a real low human being and you have been pissed off ever since the development was dropped on your door step.

Genuine league fans of all clubs can see this is a dead set farce, except you.