What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

Fairfax

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/.../nines-gem-goes-both-ways/20100913-1589m.html
Nine's GEM goes both ways

September 13, 2010

Sorry ladies, but when the footy is on the "warm and classy" GEM will put its feet on the couch, stick one hand down its pants and crack open a lager. GEM will broadcast NRL and cricket in high-def until at least until 2014 when analogue TV broadcasts cease, freeing up more spectrum for extra channels. Meanwhile the ladies can have their own channel, but only when it suits the blokes.

Razor

Coach
Blame the Government.

The law allows them to have three channels, but it must be their main channel, an extra SD channel, and a HD channel. They can't have their main channel(on SD + HD), and 2 extra SD channels.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Blame the Government.

The law allows them to have three channels, but it must be their main channel, an extra SD channel, and a HD channel. They can't have their main channel(on SD + HD), and 2 extra SD channels.

we know that

it is the networks fault for not using their main channel as the HD channel

half the sh*t on these new multichannels will end up being upscaled SD so it's a complete waste of HD by 7 and 9

renouf

Juniors
we know that

it is the networks fault for not using their main channel as the HD channel

half the sh*t on these new multichannels will end up being upscaled SD so it's a complete waste of HD by 7 and 9

I'd say they can't do that because not everyone has a HD tuner.

RedVee

First Grade
I saw a promo Friday night that said the GF would be on HD.
The Footy Show had an upcoming programs slide come up today that said the GF would be available in 3D.

We should be right.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well guys. The tards did it no HD sport on 9. No decision made for NRL but if they wont show the ashes nationally without complaints I would think RL is gone. Why can't the idiots use the 3D channel for GEM & simulcast 9 on 9hd. Especially given gem shows shows & movies from 50 years ago which arent even widescreen let alone HD

Word i'm hearing is 9 won't be showing the NRL on GEM in HD so only way to watch HD NRL is fox sports. How many people bought a HD tv or set top box just to watch sport? The ashes on 9 was advertised all thru the footy finals as in HD on GEM but none of that was.
time for the NRL add to the next contract that at the very least Friday night footy must be shown in HD.

yeah they just pretend they never said that.
people have rang to complain and they were told that when they showed the PM'sXI v England on GEM they got heaps of complants so they decided not to show the ashes or sport in general on GEM as if caters for a different genre of viewers.

franklin2323

Immortal
What annoys me is the bastards play 40 yo movies & friends. Which aren't even widescreen let alone HD. While every primetime program & sporting event wastes away in SD. They should move GEM to the 3D channel 40 & smilicast 9 in HD

Eels Dude

Coach
Why would they just not make normal channel 9 their HD channel like it was before GEM existed. GEM would hardly get a big enough audience to demand it be their HD channel.

Danish

Referee
channel 9 are pathetic.

hopefully their horrible coverage sees greater attendance numbers on friday nights and sunday arvos

Latest posts