What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

Fairfax

Juniors
Just re-scanned my TV and CH 90 on the guide says:

1st Preliminary Final - Gold Coast Titans v Sydney Roosters

Nothing like going off early... LOL

GEM is the Nine Network's third digital channel. It will launch on Sunday 26th September.

Fairfax

Juniors
Channel Nine Announces a new GEM

Following on from the outstanding success of the GO! multi-channel, the Nine Network today announced plans for a third channel, GEM, which will launch on Sunday, September 26 aimed at the sophisticated, discerning viewer. GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7960634

Not hard is it?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Channel Nine Announces a new GEM

Following on from the outstanding success of the GO! multi-channel, the Nine Network today announced plans for a third channel, GEM, which will launch on Sunday, September 26 aimed at the sophisticated, discerning viewer. GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7960634

Not hard is it?

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/09/nrl-grand-final-in-hd.html

NRL Grand Final in HD

* By David Knox on September 21, 2010

GEM will be playing the NRL Grand Final in High Definition on October 3rd.

Pre-match entertainment will begin at 4:30pm AEDT and the game plays at 5pm in Sydney and Melbourne.

It plays an hour earlier in Brisbane, half an hour earlier in Adelaide and thre hours earlier in Perth due to Daylight Saving.

Some readers have noted that NRL is not played in High Definition on GEM this weekend despite Nine’s initial Press Release: “GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition.”

The match will also be aired in 3D on digital channel 40.

i have also looked at the EPG on Austar and there is no NRL

El Diablo

Post Whore
9 f**ks up and it will now be in HD

just posted at TV tonight http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/09/gem-misses-starting-time.html

GEM misses starting time

* By David Knox on September 24, 2010

Nine’s new digital channel GEM has missed it’s promised starting time of 12 midday today.

The channel, aimed at women over 35, was due to “soft-launch” with classic movie Singin’ ‘in the Rain.

But at midday Channel 90 was still simulcasting the Nine signal, showing The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

A Nine spokesperson told TV Tonight the channel will now arrive as per its official launch, 6am Sunday morning.

Nine was understood to be working up until the eleventh hour to get the channel to air today but technical issues with a playout centre in Newcastle meant it could not arrive on time.

GEM was cheekily planned by Nine to hit screens ahead of 7mate’s official launch tomorrow.

Fans of NRL will be able to see games in HD before Sunday as a result of GEM’s late delivery.

El Diablo

Post Whore
stupidity caused sanity to prevail by the sounds of it

it was not intended to be in HD this weekend and it says 9 had been working till the 11th hour to get GEM going at 12pm

smithie

Juniors
It seems my bitching via email to Nine, the NRL, Sydney Morning Herald and The Daily Telegraph may have worked.

GEM will now start 6am Sunday morning, which means both Preliminary Finals will be broadcast in HD.

El Diablo

Post Whore
So we'll be getting HD coverage in Sydney, all of the web links I provided were correct and so is my EPG.

No need to apologise.

nope

it wasn't announcex till after 12pm

read the f**king TV Tonight link. 9 were working right up till 12pm today to try and get GEM running

Fairfax

Juniors
nope

it wasn't announcex till after 12pm

read the f**king TV Tonight link. 9 were working right up till 12pm today to try and get GEM running

So a third party blog is more accurate than a corporate site AND their EPG.

You said my EPG which I re-scanned this morning was wrong.

Issues much?

El Diablo

Post Whore
So a third party blog is more accurate than a corporate site AND their EPG.

You said my EPG which I re-scanned this morning was wrong.

Issues much?

it was

it wasn't till after 12pm when it's soft launch f**ked up that it was canned

this was what 9 told the NRL

"I have spoken to Nine who say that it is a ‘spectrum’ issue caused by the launch of their new channel and that it will affect one week only."

keep living in fairy land though and believe they were going to show it

Fairfax

Juniors
it was

it wasn't till after 12pm when it's soft launch f**ked up that it was canned

this was what 9 told the NRL

"I have spoken to Nine who say that it is a ‘spectrum’ issue caused by the launch of their new channel and that it will affect one week only."

keep living in fairy land though and believe they were going to show it

Are all 46,000 posts this good?

Latest posts