What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

Big-Steve

Juniors
On my tuner (which I retuned only 2 days ago) channel 73SD is showing as "7mate coming soon". 73SD is currently a 4th stream of 07SD, 70HD and 71SD - all showing the same content. 7mate is NOT being advertised as HD so when 7mate starts I assume 07SD, 70HD and 71SD will all still be available.

In the case of Channel 9 they currently only have 09SD, 90HD and 99SD. And because they are advertising HD content then it appears that GEM will replace 90HD leaving only 09SD and 99SD.

Its clearly 2 different situations. So I'm not sure where the Age is getting their info from, unless it knows something that even channel 7 does not know or channel 7 is missleading everyone.

hellteam

First Grade
On my tuner (which I retuned only 2 days ago) channel 73SD is showing as "7mate coming soon". 73SD is currently a 4th stream of 07SD, 70HD and 71SD - all showing the same content. 7mate is NOT being advertised as HD so when 7mate starts I assume 07SD, 70HD and 71SD will all still be available.

In the case of Channel 9 they currently only have 09SD, 90HD and 99SD. And because they are advertising HD content then it appears that GEM will replace 90HD leaving only 09SD and 99SD.

Its clearly 2 different situations. So I'm not sure where the Age is getting their info from, unless it knows something that even channel 7 does not know or channel 7 is missleading everyone.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/08/new-channel-coming-7mate.html
A spokesperson from Seven told TV Tonight: “7mate replaces 7HD, as this is all we can fit in our spectrum until 2013 or the end of Analog.
“It will be Broadcast as per 7HD currently is but will appear on channel 73.

franklin2323

Immortal

Mine is the same channel 70 is spare 07, 71 normal 7. 72 7two and 73 7mate. So I would assume 7 HD can simulcast any of the 3 in HD if it's required.

I am sure most of the US programs which are in HD on normal 7 will stay on HD and the odd special program from 7mate will be HD but can alternate.

What channel was the old 9 tv guide on they have a 4th bandwith somewhere like the other channels do. Even ABC has 4 channels FFS

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
9's GEM will be appearing on channel 90

Says so on the freeview website

Canard

Immortal
Do they say on Channel 9 though, cause if its shown on GEM, then it still is. Isnt it??

The name of the channel sort of tips of the fact that its orientated towards the female demographic.

Big-Steve

Juniors
A spokesperson from Seven told TV Tonight: “7mate replaces 7HD, as this is all we can fit in our spectrum until 2013 or the end of Analog.
“It will be Broadcast as per 7HD currently is but will appear on channel 73.
OK so the change is 70HD (which is also streamed on 07SD and 71SD) will be gone and 7mate becomes a HD channel on 73HD and 07SD and 71SD remain.

Both these moves seem odd to me ie they are taking their main chanel off HD and using HD for what amounts to their second or third string channel? I can understand it in the case of 10 cause all the content is new and live sport, But the other 2 are piched at specific ages groups/sex.

franklin2323

Immortal
I find it strange we have:
ABC 1,2,3,4
TEN, one HD and SD, 11.
7, 7two, 7mate, 7HD
Yet the tards at 9 can on do 9, Go and now gem.

There's a 4th channel on that bandwidth use it for GEM idiots

Fui!!!

Juniors
I find it strange we have:
ABC 1,2,3,4
TEN, one HD and SD, 11.
7, 7two, 7mate, 7HD
Yet the tards at 9 can on do 9, Go and now gem.

There's a 4th channel on that bandwidth use it for GEM idiots

Channel 11 will be replacing ONE SD.

7mate will be replacing 7HD (aka, will be broadcast in HD)

Serc

First Grade
Great news re: the GF confirmed to be in HD...still an epic fail from Nine to not broadcast the 2nd biggest games of the season in HD this weekend...

El Diablo

Post Whore
GEM and 7MATE should be on the SD channel and regular 9 and 7 should use HD. i'd think most would have HD these days and these new channels will have far less viewers so why waste the HD channel :fist:

applesauce

Bench
Correct me if I am wrong, but 9 came out and said they will "digitally replace" the crowds for GWS etc if it can win monday night AFL.

They won't even look into that for us let alone give us HD on the 2nd biggest weekend in the NRL's calendar!!!

I would give the rights to 7 & 10/ABC if I could!!!!

franklin2323

Immortal
Channel 11 will be replacing ONE SD.

7mate will be replacing 7HD (aka, will be broadcast in HD)

no we will still have channel 12 SD one. 1,10,11,12

no we still have 70,71,72,73 they may broadcast 7mate on 70 also but they still have 4 channels open

renouf

Juniors
What's going on, tvguide says 9 Digital is only airing the games this weekend, so we've lost HD :(

skeepe

Immortal
Be thankful that you ever had it.

I don't know what they were broadcasting on the alleged "Win HD" channel in Canberra, but it wasn't HD.

renouf

Juniors
Be thankful that you ever had it.

I don't know what they were broadcasting on the alleged "Win HD" channel in Canberra, but it wasn't HD.

I agree, it's never looked that great, they can broadcast pdtv over a HD channel and make it look better, but still its not true HD imo.

Dogs Of War

Coach