What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

effnic

Bench
I got the full platinum foxtel hd package on my new lg 60inch full hd plasma, life is very f**king good.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If they broadcast on the 9 HD channel is that a national channel or still controlled regionally?

If they broadcast on the 9 HD channel is that a national channel or still controlled regionally?

They are not allowed to show sports that are on the anti siphoning list only on their HD channel. So if the NRL is on HD in any market it must also be on the SD channel.

In my opinion, not a great deal - IF they broadcast games in 1080i. As the Olympics demonstrated, once you start to get a lot of movement in interlaced it just gets messy. Sports should, by law, be broadcast only in 720p.

not only this but channel 7 have the lowest bit rate for HD out of 7,9 and 10.

If you look at the channel 10 HD AFL or Nascar it is much better than 7.

BTW- I agree that 720P is preferrable but 1080i isnt terrible. Fox sports HD looks very good in 1080i.

thug jimmy

Juniors
If you're not on contract ring up and ask to be connected to HD. They'll tell you the cost. Ask them if it's possible to be free. They'll say no. Then say "I'll like to cancel please". They'll then go and speak to their supervisor. They'll come back and give another price (for me they gave $100 installation). Say "No I'll still like to cancel please". They'll then go and speak to their supervisor again, adn come back and give it to you for free. Although you still have to pay the extra per month for the HD channels(apart from the fta HD channels). The monthly subscription fee for HD is the same as for the IQ, so if you already had that, then it's no extra.
may have to give it a crack!
i still despise having to pay an additonal $40 a month for 5 extra channels. surely they make up their costs with advertising.

JT_

Juniors
I have Foxtel HD and watching NRL is like your at the game watching from box seats. It is that much better than standard digital.

Dee

Juniors
Buying a full HD telly is definitely worth the price. We have recently just bought the 50" Panasonic Full HD telly and it blows me away, still. Once you see HD channels, SD is terrible.

HD league will be great! Even more high quality slow motion replays of someone grounding the ball! YES!!!!! :lol:

Geohood

Bench
Well when I'm watching full HD I can't really tell the difference... maybe I'm just not watching the right things?

Well when I'm watching full HD I can't really tell the difference... maybe I'm just not watching the right things?

i was like 'what's the difference' for ages
Then just recently I saw the difference (by comparing between a HD and SD of the same telecast)
And WOW!
There is a BIG difference

effnic

Bench
When you watch bundy mundy football on fox hd they all look so terribly old, you can see every pimple and blemish.

just make sure when you compare your HD channels to a standard foxtel channel, you are aware that the foxtel is not only in SD, but also analogue as opposed to digital. The minute you connect with a Scart lead, it transfers the digital transmission back to analogue

bobmar28

Bench
I'm sure 9 has been broadcasting league in HD all year. I have been watching it for a couple of months since getting an HD TV.

brooksy19

Bench
^ Nope.

It's broadcast on the HD channel (90) but its just filler, its not actually HD.

For example on Monday or Tuesday morning if you can, check out teh NFL on TEN HD, now thats amazing.