What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

Parra

Referee
Are you able to get HD via an antenna ?

I thought HD was a digital transmission and could only be carried by cable or satelite..

Yep - HD via antenna or via Foxtel cable are the only way to get it.

I don't think the Austar / fox satellite subscribers can get HD

Foxtel can if they get IQ2 HD box, Austar doesn't broadcast the HD channels yet and don't have a MyStar with HD as yet.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors

You can receive FTA HD television by both Satellite and Antenna.

You can receive FTA HD via Foxtel Satellite if you have IQ2.

dragonic

Juniors
I know it's been discussed before but I can't find any definitive answer...does anyone know if Channel 9 is going HD from Round 1 for this years NRL season?

It would be a joke not to, all the other sports are now.

Solid

Juniors
HD would be so good. Definately worth it

However another reason to watch on TV and not go to the game

gong_eagle

First Grade
I know it's been discussed before but I can't find any definitive answer...does anyone know if Channel 9 is going HD from Round 1 for this years NRL season?

:lol:

now that would be a f**kin miracle if it happened

Hanscholo

Bench
Nein are a joke...so i assume no.

It does show how competiation amongst free to air services pushes things forward. Ten went HD as a way of luring viewers..Nein dont care, they know we'll watch it. Im surprised its not in black and white with a piano playing.

I think you will find they will be.

Especially All Brisbane and most Sydney games.

My assumption is based on the fact that they have an HD broadcast truck ready to go in Sydney,brisbane and Melbourne.( the trucks arent actually nine's but Global TV's , their outside broadcast partners)

Some grounds may still not have a high enough standard of lighting to support an HD broadcast ( im thinking Brookvale , shark park , Win wollongong) and its likely games coming out of Townsville wont be in HD eiher , its just way to far for the one queensland HD truck to go id say.

Last edited:

Caged Panther

First Grade
I remember reading an article late last year in the telegraph's technology section saying they would be broadcasting games in HD this year, though not all games.

beave

Coach
What exactly is the difference? Somebody educate an amateur please :?

Once you start watching sport in HD, you will never want to go back to standard definition. I was never really into the HD thing until I went over to the states 2years ago to visit the wife's family, one of her friends at a party had a college football game on ESPN HD on his plasma, I wanted to drop my pants and have relations with the picture it was that good.

Lambretta

First Grade
Once you start watching sport in HD, you will never want to go back to standard definition. I was never really into the HD thing until I went over to the states 2years ago to visit the wife's family, one of her friends at a party had a college football game on ESPN HD on his plasma, I wanted to drop my pants and have relations with the picture it was that good.

#1. In response to the original question - Channel 9 are already showing Rugby League on the HD Channel. If anyone had bothered to watch the Super League broadcasts you'd have seen they're on the HD station. I can't see any reason why they'd be broadcasting English games on the HD channel and then ignore NRL games. That would be insane. You WILL get HD games on 9 this season.

#2. Re the above comment on ESPN coverage. ESPN have by far the BEST HD coverage of any company anywhere in the World. Watch ESPN HD and then watch any other channel on HD and there's acres of difference between them. Still even the HD games on any other channel are far better clarity than standard def channels.

Latest posts