What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

jed

First Grade
#1. In response to the original question - Channel 9 are already showing Rugby League on the HD Channel. If anyone had bothered to watch the Super League broadcasts you'd have seen they're on the HD station. I can't see any reason why they'd be broadcasting English games on the HD channel and then ignore NRL games. That would be insane. You WILL get HD games on 9 this season.

#2. Re the above comment on ESPN coverage. ESPN have by far the BEST HD coverage of any company anywhere in the World. Watch ESPN HD and then watch any other channel on HD and there's acres of difference between them. Still even the HD games on any other channel are far better clarity than standard def channels.
In response to #1, they are showing Rugby League on the HD channel, but it's only the SD signal. They also show Bewitched on the HD channel, do you really think this is in HD?

Yes fourplay, there are going to be NRL games in HD this year. Perhaps not all of them, but the vast majority should be.

Lambretta

First Grade
In response to #1, they are showing Rugby League on the HD channel, but it's only the SD signal. They also show Bewitched on the HD channel, do you really think this is in HD?

Yes fourplay, there are going to be NRL games in HD this year. Perhaps not all of them, but the vast majority should be.

Ah-ha

But the games from England are shown on Sky HD channel - Are they recording in SD? I just thought the sh*te picture were cos it's grim ooop North ;-)

As for Bewitched being on that Channel, I'll have to take your word for it lad. :)

fourplay

Juniors
Thanks for the answers. I am going to have a HD TV for 1 week only lol.

Next friday the 13th until the friday after.

They called me up yesterday telemarketing offering me a HD tv to trial for a week for free so I would love for the NRL to be in HD for round 1.

www.awesomeentertainment.com.au if u want a free 42" LCD HD TV for a week.

Last edited:

thats not 100% correct.

they are broadcasting an HD signal by upscaling the broadcast to an HD resoloution. Basically the same as most dvd players now do for dvd.

though the upscaling is obviously no where near as good as a native HD signal.

_Johnsy

Referee
I just wish the fuggwits at 9 would get their ass into gear. I am 20km from coolangatta and get every channel in hd and sd, except 9. Fuggin frustrating

HDWicked

Juniors
Hi Guys,
Just wondering does anybody know of Channel 9 having NRL in HD this year??? I know FOXTEL have at least 1 or 2 games a week in HD... Thanks!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In Melbourne... the person asking lives in Sydney ;-)

Sleep

Juniors
I was thinking the same thing. They might be broadcasting on the HD channel. But that doesn't mean that the feed itself is HD. I know the cricket does but the Aussie open was on both channels without any difference.

I very much doubt that it will be in HD. It sucks because after watching the NFL and NBA in HD we're really missing out.

Latest posts