What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy's blog

strider

Post Whore
Hindy said:
So we spent most of the time holed up in the hotel and I managed to read one-and-a-half books, which takes the total of books I have read to four. And I’m halfway through number five.
:clap: :clap: ..... I hate books

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i wish i had a handy hindy hat... :(

can i have one for christmas hellsy???

Gronk

Staff member
Tis' the season

It’s Christmas time – well almost – and that means life at the Hindmarsh house is getting exciting. Ordinarily this would mean the kids, but it’s me who is a big kid and just can’t wait for Christmas, and I never could. As a kid I would regularly snoop to find my presents early until the time I did, got caught and found a load of trouble.

But I honestly love getting into the spirit of the season and have been in the process of decorating the roof of the new house with lights. It’s a trial and error process, and fortunately I’m yet to have the Homer Simpson experience of falling off the roof tangled in the lights – I did say yet!

I’m using the rope lights this year instead of the fairy lights to go along with the Santa Claus on the aerial, the tree, the shooting star and the Merry Christmas sign. I’m hoping the kids will love it, but I have competition around the corner as my own Ned Flanders looks to outdo me ( I don’t dislike the guy his display is just looking very good).

I’ll take some photos and post them on the blog.

I’m also looking forward to Andrew Ryan’s buck’s day this weekend. I can’t imagine it being too big a day, we’re all old enough to know better and Mick Vella is providing the beverages, so they should be provided responsibly.

I’ve been playing a bit more golf and have won the battle against my slice, until I stop playing again that is. It’s really a sport where you have to be very dedicated and constantly working at your game, but I’m on top of it for now.

I, like thousands of others, missed out on Bon Jovi tickets so the next target will be Foo Fighters - the boys always put on a great show. In another life I would have loved to be in an 80s glam rock band.

I go back to training on Monday and I’m ready for it, but I’ll know whether the body is on about Wednesday – it probably won’t be.

So on to footy and I suppose Piggy Riddell has been in the news. What happened, happened, but I have never been targeted when I was out. I think it depends on where you are, also if people dislike you there isn’t much you can do about it.

Hages has reportedly asked Mark to become an 80 minute player. I’m sure he could do it if he cut back on the junk food. I mean no disrespect to Piggy I just know he likes the stuff, however I will say he doesn’t drink as much as some people would have you believe.

However I would like to see him maybe play 60 minutes with part of it as an impact player.

I want to clear up a couple of enquiries I often receive and address a few things. First off ‘Cashy’ I think it would be very difficult to keep both Inu and Hayne. Jarryd looks like he is wrapped up and to keep Krisnan would be great, but I would imagine there will be a lot of very enticing offers coming his way. The players are so much better at a young age these days and it’s very hard to keep them all. In the case of these two I hope we can.

As for it being the year of the Eel in 2008 I certainly hope it is. I want that premiership more than most people know, having come so close to winning one. Not winning one would always disappoint me looking back on my career. It’s a huge deal to me; I struggle to watch grand finals as it is.

With all the player signings still going on, maybe we should have a draft week? It’s not a bad idea but the idea was scrapped about six years ago. It could work but I still think it’s very hard to be uprooted from where you want to be.

I can see the penalties coming for grapple tackles in early 2008. But what is a grapple tackle?

I think the penalties should be for a choke, not a wrapping tackle around the shoulder and neck, those tackles have been around for years, and to disallow them would take away from the game. In my opinion there should only be a penalty when a player’s momentum has stopped and they are being choked around the neck on the ground, otherwise we risk the game looking like touch footy.

Hindy

Gronk

Staff member
I want to clear up a couple of enquiries I often receive and address a few things. First off ‘Cashy’ I think it would be very difficult to keep both Inu and Hayne. Jarryd looks like he is wrapped up and to keep Krisnan would be great, but I would imagine there will be a lot of very enticing offers coming his way. The players are so much better at a young age these days and it’s very hard to keep them all. In the case of these two I hope we can.

Now THAT does not fill me with confidence ! :?

bartman

Immortal
Probably very true though.

Again it comes down to how much these young guys want to stay with the club where they emerged and got their first shot and were able to play to their talents, and how much of it is about extracting the absolute maximum coin from the highest offer they can get.

You'd hope there's some club loyalty and as long as we can muster a decent offer then we won't be held to ransom trying to match other clubs with spare cash to pay overs, or have to release players just to accommodate one or two players' demands.

JessEel

With all the player signings still going on, maybe we should have a draft week? It’s not a bad idea but the idea was scrapped about six years ago. It could work but I still think it’s very hard to be uprooted from where you want to be.

that bit always confused me with a draft (any draft) - there was no choice for the player!

Nikki

Coach
Sucked In Hindmarsh.. I got Jovi tickets and I am probably gettin Foo Fighters tickets so stick that up your Jumper!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Facing the facts

It’s time to face facts – my body is old!

After training yesterday I could not walk I was that sore and it wasn’t even a hard day’s training. The funny thing is the pain only kicked in when I got home and sat down. I had a good stretch today and am feeling a bit better.

Speaking of training yesterday I was happy I was in the stretch class early. I haven’t ever seen that many cameras at Parramatta training or anywhere else. It was, in short, insane.

While I think Joey will be an asset in terms of helping out Brett Finch and Timmy Smith, you get the impression from the photo of Finchy in today’s papers that the look on his face says, ‘yeah I know all this stuff, why are you telling me’?

As for Feleti Mateo playing five-eighth, I believe it’s just a rumour. Tim Smith is likely to be missing for the first couple of rounds, so Finchy has been training at halfback with Feleti at second receiver. It’s not a huge deal.

Once again I missed out on concert tickets. This time to Foo Fighters and I’m starting to wonder how anyone gets tickets to gigs these days. It’s almost like you have to have an inside man.

Despite that I won’t let it dampen my spirits as I am about to put the finishing touches on my display of Christmas lights – providing it doesn’t storm again of course. The amount of rain we have had has had me panicking, especially on Monday when the roof started leaking and the driveway gutters filled up and started to flood. I headed out there, broom in hand, to rectify the situation but only succeeded in breaking my broom.

Tomorrow I am heading to Dubbo and will be handing out footy gear to the local club who received a grant from Telstra; they do it for all junior sports so I recommend any junior clubs put a proposal in.

I had a good time at Bobcat Ryan’s buck’s day, but not too good – I was home by 8pm and have no idea where the guys went afterwards.

While I am speaking of former team mates it’s interesting to know David Vaeleki is back in town. He’s a big boy and is hard to handle if he stays fit. I can see him being a very good buy for Manly; they must like former Parra players.

I have heard a rumour from plenty of people in the street we are going to get Gids and Bedsy at the Eels. I have heard zero about this at the club though and while players need to look for what is best for them, those two guys are so popular in Newcastle I don’t really see them leaving. But I could be wrong.

If you check out my MMS section you can see Guru Junior having a snooze in our players’ room at Parramatta, a favourite pastime is to find phones lying around and re-send any stupid text messages to the player’s phonebook.

I’ll be attending my old street’s street party this weekend and look forward to getting further into the Christmas Spirit when I pick up my tree.

Hindy

strider

Post Whore
The amount of rain we have had has had me panicking, especially on Monday when the roof started leaking and the driveway gutters filled up and started to flood. I headed out there, broom in hand, to rectify the situation but only succeeded in breaking my broom.

well what the f**k happened to "Handy Hindy"? :roll: ... :lol:

JessEel

Photo00410311310210020071203113102.jpg
Eric Grothe said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Latest posts