What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum II

Most Annoying Poster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
0519c4416c163e4403189bf4968f7659504692-wm.jpg

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
this is what should had transpired in player movements well before xmas....

dont buy oldfield for starters!

yes its great we got sammy burgess and cook but that's all we got?

we should had moved these nsw cup players on below:

clark, gray, olive, grant, tyrrell, mcinnes,turner.

all these players should had been moved on well before xmas so we could go after the many better players that have now gone to opposition teams is rusty and co asleep at headquarters??and dylan walker would most probably be still at souths had someone handled his situation more professionally!

Exsilium

First Grade
Another thread with no real content.

I'm curious, are you the same "foreverinourshadow" that used to frequent zero tackle? You both share that uncanny ability to be a shit stirrer :)

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
so that is (8) players i feel we dont need at souths so now i read gavet is possibly off to the warriors being released by the donkeys we are going that ludicris we may offer willy mason a one year deal hey while we are at it lets get glenn stewart back again thats how dumb our recruiting officer is for god's sake.our team is getting worser by the year hate to see 2017 line up?we will probably get the oldest burgess brother back lol that would not surprise me.see rsag85 im a truth teller sorry i left goodwin in becoz he is a sight better than the mugs above!

Exsilium

First Grade
a few of those players would probably be for back up. not all of the 25 players in the squad can be superstars.

Necessary depth. Can't make a run for the premiership without it. Some of those players may begin to show form.

Dogmatix

Juniors
I agree with foreverinourshadow

With the NRL salary cap you want 2 types of players in your squad. First, Genuine NRL quality players to make up your top 17. Second you want minimum contract players on 80K to fill out the rest of your squad. This will mean the Bears get the spoon but this happened in 2014 and Souths won the comp. In 2015 Newcastle won the NSW Cup but got the spoon in the NRL

So having good backup players and a good NSW Cup team is bad for your NRL team. Every 150K player in NSW Cup is a waste of salary cap. You want most of your NSW Cup players to be on 80K so you maximize cap space for the players in the NRL team. Obviously a bad run with injuries and you can't win the comp. But this is a risk worth taking

Most of the players mentioned would be on more than 80K. Add Goodwin to the list as well

alien

Referee
With the NRL salary cap you want 2 types of players in your squad. First, Genuine NRL quality players to make up your top 17. Second you want minimum contract players on 80K to fill out the rest of your squad. This will mean the Bears get the spoon but this happened in 2014 and Souths won the comp. In 2015 Newcastle won the NSW Cup but got the spoon in the NRL

So having good backup players and a good NSW Cup team is bad for your NRL team. Every 150K player in NSW Cup is a waste of salary cap. You want most of your NSW Cup players to be on 80K so you maximize cap space for the players in the NRL team. Obviously a bad run with injuries and you can't win the comp. But this is a risk worth taking

Most of the players mentioned would be on more than 80K. Add Goodwin to the list as well

i have posted something like this before. players who are not in the top 17 but are in the 25 man squad should be on the minimum wage, which i think is around $85,000, otherwise the top 17 won't be as strong as it could be.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Another thread with no real content.

I'm curious, are you the same "foreverinourshadow" that used to frequent zero tackle? You both share that uncanny ability to be a shit stirrer :)

I think you're right!!!

I've been thinking the same.

Rabbits20

Immortal
a few of those players would probably be for back up. not all of the 25 players in the squad can be superstars.

That's right alien.

You can't just get rid of 8 guys shadow and replace them with 3 very good signings who would cost the same as the 8 players combined.

Shadow a squad of 25 is needed. (Which we have currently)

If you were in charge Shadow you'd create a massive mess with only a 20 man squad which isn't allowed.

In fact the cap needs you to have a certain amount of players on less money and only some on good money.

You obviously don't understand how the cap works.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Rorters only at 6,718 members. That's 1,800 behind where they were last year.

It's hilarious:lol::lol::lol:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
cheers dogmatix good to see that some common sense prevails here,the 8 players that i discarded should be replaced with 8 better players surely that could be done!enjoying my posts r95 thank you yes welcome back mate cheers

rabbitohs95

Bench
cheers dogmatix good to see that some common sense prevails here,the 8 players that i discarded should be replaced with 8 better players surely that could be done!enjoying my posts r95 thank you yes welcome back mate cheers

Well logic would say that because we have a core group of players that are on big money (GI, Sam, George, Reynolds) that there isnt going to be much cap space for the rest of the squad and we're going to have lesser quality players. Every squad has that.

Put some faith in the players instead of bagging them all the time and you'll get my respect.

Rabbits20

Immortal

We couldn't fit them under the cap though. Better players cost more which isn't affordable.

You keep ignoring that.

Status
Not open for further replies.