What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunters

Juniors
You know what if 2011 happens to be your year then more power to you and Souths. You will get to feel exactly like most Saints supporters do now and of all the feelings the main one is relief.
Well if we do make it to the big one and you miss out, I invite you to cheer in our corner.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Rather than people bitching about what Crowe did today to get our club and new sponsors publicity, just remember that it is a RL club that is on the front page, not some other scum sport like AFL.

They would love to have that kind of exposure in this city.

RedV65

Juniors
All you rabbitoh supporters can only dream of a premiership. Every year you buy the comp and still you don't make the semis. With Tallis and Mundine in your corner you have one loser and one w*nker. Ever since you came back in the comp all you have won is the spoon. This theory that when Souths do well the League does well is absolute nonsense. The last couple of years the league has been on fire even without souths contributing.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
All you rabbitoh supporters can only dream of a premiership. Every year you buy the comp and still you don't make the semis. With Tallis and Mundine in your corner you have one loser and one w*nker. Ever since you came back in the comp all you have won is the spoon. This theory that when Souths do well the League does well is absolute nonsense. The last couple of years the league has been on fire even without souths contributing.

Tallis and Mundine played for Saints you stupid moron.

jackb

Juniors

Souths did contribute and the quote about "when Rabbitohs go well the league goes well" still stands. We had our highest home crowds in 40 years this season well ahead of most in the finals. You can only imagine how many people will come to our matches when we are really competitive. I am looking forward to home gates at 30,000 + in the 2011 season.

to_ddeath

Coach

You should have left mundine and tallis out of your argument.
The rest is mostly factual. Pity you didn't edit it beforehand.
P.S. Suggestion to Rusty, track down Bono quick smart before he leaves town. The next famous egg to wear a rabbits cap.

T.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tallis and Mundine played for Saints you stupid moron.

10 years ago, yes..

however isn't tallis one of your coaches??

http://sydney-central.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/gordon-tallis-to-join-rbbitohs-coaching-staff/

and mundine.. well..

However, Mundine - a Rabbitohs junior and close friend of Crowe's - admitted he would like to see Inglis play for Souths.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-is-the-man-for-rabbitohs-20101107-17j08.html

so.. i'll leave it up to you to work out who's in who's corner more recently...

Agree ALL strength and honor to Crowe.
As for media , agree i wish there was less focus on Souths during offseason , however this has been the case ever since i remember , including the deadbeat years with George Piggins as leader.
Truth is Souths sell papers , as there are more folks interested in them then any of the other pretenders , even when Souths can't win games. sorry but is true!!

Who are the pretenders??

cleary89

Coach
Its great that hes getting international media attention, plus attention here. Just they could do it better.

For instance, today he said something along the lines of we have had some bad years and hopefully we can get back to the former glory. Thats ok.

Saying "2011 is our year" like most on here. Thats not ok.

Trying to sign Gasnier, and not have him anywhere near the club for the month or so it took to sign. Thats ok.

Trying to sign Inglis, have him in Souths colours, have it announced to the world he signed, before it was even approved. Thats not.

Even you guys surely have to admit there are things that could be done better, and peoples attitudes to the future are the major reason why you guys get so much hate.

whats up doc

Juniors
Saying "2011 is our year" like most on here. Thats not ok.

Trying to sign Inglis, have him in Souths colours, have it announced to the world he signed, before it was even approved. Thats not.

Yeh he got a bit trigger happy there.

But what's wrong with saying "2011 is our year"? Have you ever heard a sportsman going into ANY game saying "No I dont think this is my day. I am going to lose for sure". It's EXPECTED that you are confident in your team and their abilities, any less and you'd be judged harshly for lacking heart and will. Would it be good for rugby league if all rl fans felt they had no chance at the finals and just gave up hope and not watch any games?

cleary89

Coach
Confidence is fine, optimism too. But the way most of you carry on is ludicris. Multiple premierships in the next decade, 100% sure that you will win next year. Bunnies 2011 premiers.

If you said we have a decent shot at it, a good squad, should be top 4 etc etc then most people wouldn't bring out the 1 final in 23 years or the halves and coach you have. Arrogance is different to confidence.

Most parramatta fans are realistic about their chances, and will still watch games. Even if saints had a squad like that, I'd go to pretty much every game I could.

cleary89

Coach
Or the GI (who you haven't even signed yet and is 118kg pre surgery) for the CC medal.

lol, surely even you can admit that its being taken too far.

Galeforce

Bench
Inglis has signed with Souths.
The issue and joke is the NRL taking this long to approve the existing contract or requesting Souths to increase the amount to be included within their cap for the contract. i.e. if Souths contract states $190k for 2011 and NRL have an issue with this amount for salary cap purposes , then all they need to do is rubber stamp the contract with proviso that Souths must count the $190k as $300k for salary cap purposes. Souths can appeal that decision , however it is a different negotiation with NRL , it should be that simple.

Right now the NRL management missing out on valuable positive PR on one of it best players.

As for the JAy Leno interview , the NRL would have looked like a poor mans sport to the US audience , when one of the most valuable players is only getting $1.8m for three years , imagine stating something like $1m instead . All this and NRL trying to make case that the sports worth $1b for TV rights , OH yes and focus on peanuts for the players. there must be a linkage to both player payments , promotion/sponsorship, tv rights , memberships and crowds.

Meantime , NRL, must make decisions quickly , crisply and consistently. Not announcing decisions to drinking parties and allowing press to have field day and leaving marque players dangling.

And the biggest recent joke , is that Brisbane , who already had "some" sort of approval from NRL for Inglis contract and were a day away from getting his signature and assume final announcement , now NRL stating that they are still questioning Brisbane third part proposed deals for Inglis ? ha ?

Get your act together NRL , you are running a business competing with aggressive sports for positive media focus , "sponsorship ", "TV rights " and new players/spectators . right now NRL administation looking like they are taking guidance from George Piggins on how to run NRL.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Or the GI (who you haven't even signed yet and is 118kg pre surgery) for the CC medal.

You're an out of the closet Souths and Inglis hater. You're pic is about us, even your location ffs, you seem to be strangely obsessed in us. Noone cares about what you have to say regarding Souths. And about the CC medal and 2011 premiers, I'm entitled to make my predictions, just like you and everyone else.

jackb

Juniors

Agree that too much can be too much cleary. I prefer to take it easy and not bang the chest but some fans get a little carried away. Not that I think Souths fans are all that bad - the st.merge fans are far and away the dregs of NRL followers. They finally win their first title and you would think they were robbed by poor refs calls or something just as evil. What a sorry bunch, they can't even celebrate without bitterness - just very sad!

One of the problems for Souths is the high profile of Rusty and Co. The guy is smart and has done wonders for our club but the media is all over him weather he wants them there or not. Every time he is on the tele I'm sure that supporters of other clubs throw darts at the idiot box but it's not Rusty's fault - just the way it is!

jackb

Juniors
Inglis has signed with Souths.
The issue and joke is the NRL taking this long to approve the existing contract or requesting Souths to increase the amount to be included within their cap for the contract. i.e. if Souths contract states $190k for 2011 and NRL have an issue with this amount for salary cap purposes , then all they need to do is rubber stamp the contract with proviso that Souths must count the $190k as $300k for salary cap purposes. Souths can appeal that decision , however it is a different negotiation with NRL , it should be that simple.

Right now the NRL management missing out on valuable positive PR on one of it best players.

As for the JAy Leno interview , the NRL would have looked like a poor mans sport to the US audience , when one of the most valuable players is only getting $1.8m for three years , imagine stating something like $1m instead . All this and NRL trying to make case that the sports worth $1b for TV rights , OH yes and focus on peanuts for the players. there must be a linkage to both player payments , promotion/sponsorship, tv rights , memberships and crowds.

Meantime , NRL, must make decisions quickly , crisply and consistently. Not announcing decisions to drinking parties and allowing press to have field day and leaving marque players dangling.

And the biggest recent joke , is that Brisbane , who already had "some" sort of approval from NRL for Inglis contract and were a day away from getting his signature and assume final announcement , now NRL stating that they are still questioning Brisbane third part proposed deals for Inglis ? ha ?

Get your act together NRL , you are running a business competing with aggressive sports for positive media focus , "sponsorship ", "TV rights " and new players/spectators . right now NRL administation looking like they are taking guidance from George Piggins on how to run NRL.

Smack on Galeforce. I note that Gallop states that the GI case is unique as he had a contract with one club, then a loose deal with another before agreeing to join Souths. This was the reason given for delaying approval and going through the contract and third party agreements with a microscope. What a load of BS!

Did anyone notice that Riddell has apparantly signed for the rorters for 2011. He still has a year to run on his ESL contract, loosley agrees to join the tigpies (right down to having a medical) then signs for the rorters. How long do you think inspector rooster will take to approve this deal?

The NRL and News are putting so much crap out there that people are getting very confused. This is probably the plan so they can make gallop and shoeburt (dumb and dumber) look like competent administrators. Like I said, what a load of BS!

Status
Not open for further replies.