What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Theres not much point visiting LU anymore if you cant discuss the things that matter with your friends without some brain dead f**kass troll trying to be clever.

annoying, hey dave....

lesson learned?

drago brelli

Bench
Russell Crowe introduced Greg Inglis to Oprah Winfrey today. Alan Jones set up the meeting. Crowe also told Winfrey that Wayne Bennett will be coaching at Souths in 2011. She is committed to doing what she can to keep Inglis at Souths.

Big Sam

First Grade
You can use as much sarcasm as you want but it won't mask your jealousy of us.

Last edited:

Dragons01

First Grade
Could it get anymore Hollywood or over the top. Introducing Greg Inglis to Oprah won't make one bit of difference and it also won't get Souths that much desired premiership.

As for Bennett coaching Souths in 2011 - I knew he was good but being able to coach 2 teams in the one year. He is even better than I thought. Hate to break it to you but Bennett is contracted to Saints in 2011 after that who knows and unlike Inglis, Bennett is a man of his word.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Could it get anymore Hollywood or over the top. Introducing Greg Inglis to Oprah won't make one bit of difference and it also won't get Souths that much desired premiership.

As for Bennett coaching Souths in 2011 - I knew he was good but being able to coach 2 teams in the one year. He is even better than I thought. Hate to break it to you but Bennett is contracted to Saints in 2011 after that who knows and unlike Inglis, Bennett is a man of his word.
cough*roosters*cough

Dragons01

First Grade
Bennett is a man of his word. He said he would join the Roosters as long as it was not mentioned in the media until he had informed them in Brisbane but what did the Roosters do leak it to the media, so he did exactly what he said he would do and didn't coach them.

I actually feel sorry for you Souths supporters every year it is going to the Bunnies year, and every Charity Shield the media and the Souths players talk themselves up and every year it ends up a disappointment. If I was a Souths supporter I would want a little less media attention and more results on the field, unfortunately that will never happen as long as Russell Crowe is involved. Hype and big talk will only get you so far but until you start posting the results on the field, then no-one will really take Souths seriously.

JetRider

Juniors
Some of you supporters need to get off Souths back and look at the bigger picture. How many at your club are doing the game of league a service by continually publicing them and Souths in this case to an international market? Yes you may argue that it may not influence a lot of yanks to follow the game, but it may open up markets for all clubs, who knows, at least his enthusiasm draws international attention, stop bagging him and souths he is doing the game a service.

Dragons01

First Grade
All credit to Russell Crowe, especially the amount of his own money he puts into the club. He has saved Souths from another exit from the competition. But what irks me and most others is the continual BS that is put out about the club, now this may not be all Crowe's doing but like the boy who cried wolf people listening for the first few times and then they stop taking notice anymore because at the end of the day it is just talk. The biggest thing that gets any club 'attention' is performance on the field and with Souths the talk is always there but the performance is not.

Galeforce

Bench
Agree ALL strength and honor to Crowe.
As for media , agree i wish there was less focus on Souths during offseason , however this has been the case ever since i remember , including the deadbeat years with George Piggins as leader.
Truth is Souths sell papers , as there are more folks interested in them then any of the other pretenders , even when Souths can't win games. sorry but is true!!

themacemaceman

Juniors
Ufortunatley souths dont have control over what gets printed in the papers and reported on TV. And the media is prone to to ask leading questions and then reporting a comment out of context. Many younger players who probably arent as media savy are suseptable of being quoted as saying something which is not quite what they said or meant to say.

And as for the dragons supporters......I still havent worked out why you guys are trolling the rabbits forum. I can assure you when we win our next title we will be basking in the glory of our own victory. Not concerned with whats going on the dragons forum.

Dragon

Coach
Gotta give credit to Crowe, the guy has contacts and is doing all he can to promote the game of rugby league. He has vision. I hope he is in it for the long haul, even after souths win that elusive premiership

Dragons01

First Grade
Not trolling just saw the title when going to the Dragons forum and it interested me what media stunt was being pulled now. This is the first time I have posted in another forum.

As for the media as a Saints supporter I know only too well that no club can control what gets printed in the media. Although with Saints right up until they won the grand final it was mainly negative. I also think that because of Crowes 'famous' status Souths do tend to get an easier run. Take rd26, Saints rested 5 of their best players (including their playmakers) Souths had everything to play for (making the 8). Souths lose yet Saints are referred to as the chokers.

And I still stick to my original comment you want to get Souths 'attention' then the action needs to be on the field.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Bennett is a man of his word. He said he would join the Roosters as long as it was not mentioned in the media until he had informed them in Brisbane but what did the Roosters do leak it to the media, so he did exactly what he said he would do and didn't coach them.

I actually feel sorry for you Souths supporters every year it is going to the Bunnies year, and every Charity Shield the media and the Souths players talk themselves up and every year it ends up a disappointment. If I was a Souths supporter I would want a little less media attention and more results on the field, unfortunately that will never happen as long as Russell Crowe is involved. Hype and big talk will only get you so far but until you start posting the results on the field, then no-one will really take Souths seriously.
I got four numbers for you: 2011.

Dragons01

First Grade
You know what if 2011 happens to be your year then more power to you and Souths. You will get to feel exactly like most Saints supporters do now and of all the feelings the main one is relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts