What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ho Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
LOL at Souffs having the temerity to call Saints "chokers".....I guess it is hard to choke when you make September a couple of times in 40 years.

Keep laughing about the merger...it is all water off a ducks back when you hold every trophy in the game. Plus at least the club is still owned by it's members and not the plaything of a couple of egotistical maniacs.

Why aren't you playing games in close proximity to your heartland and supporters? Oh that's right, Crowe and Holmes-a-hyphen want to protect their millions. But they do arrange nice suits for your squad.

You tried to buy your way to success and still remain the laughing stock of rugby league. As a great man once said- "if Souths are the pride of rugby league then the game must have been f**ked for years".

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
LOL at Souffs having the temerity to call Saints "chokers".....I guess it is hard to choke when you make September a couple of times in 40 years.

Keep laughing about the merger...it is all water off a ducks back when you hold every trophy in the game. Plus at least the club is still owned by it's members and not the plaything of a couple of egotistical maniacs.

Why aren't you playing games in close proximity to your heartland and supporters? Oh that's right, Crowe and Holmes-a-hyphen want to protect their millions. But they do arrange nice suits for your squad.

You tried to buy your way to success and still remain the laughing stock of rugby league. As a great man once said- "if Souths are the pride of rugby league then the game must have been f**ked for years".

We moved our home ground to Homebush for the start of the 2006 season, with the decision obviously made in 2005. The privatization vote was in 2006 with Crowe and Holmes a Court not taking over until later in the year. So they had nothing to do with that decision.

And, just like it doesn't bother you that you support a 12 year old merged entity and that the St.George Dragons club are confined to the fables and myths of history, it doesn't bother us that we play at Homebush. At the very least the club that I have supported since my conception is able to add to their history.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

If you want to come in here and discuss things in a good spirit, all good.

If you want to have a swing, then expect to cop something back.

In response to your imbecilic, boring rant, we as the members voted to go down the path of our current structure, which was really the only realistic option we had.

Your club took the decision to also change its structure in the best interests of the team, so I don't know what you are whingeing about.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
We moved our home ground to Homebush for the start of the 2006 season, with the decision obviously made in 2005. The privatization vote was in 2006 with Crowe and Holmes a Court not taking over until later in the year. So they had nothing to do with that decision.

And, just like it doesn't bother you that you support a 12 year old merged entity and that the St.George Dragons club are confined to the fables and myths of history, it doesn't bother us that we play at Homebush. At the very least the club that I have supported since my conception is able to add to their history.

So the club (i.e., Crowe and Holmes-a-hyphen) hasn't since renewed their agreement to play out there? Oh that's right, they did and did so for "financial reasons". South Sydney - "the pride of Homebush Bay".

Oh, that's all good then, your members voted to become the plaything of the two egotistical maniacs. Noted.

I know Souths fans aren't too bright but I'll explain something for you. St George Illawarra Dragons is not a merged entity, it is a joint venture. Both the St George DRLFC and Illawarra Steelers are still in existence and still under the control of their members, something which cannot be said for the Homebush Bay Rabbitohs.

I actually marched for the return of Souths to the competition but have lived to regret that due to the arrogance of the clubs supporters and their bleating of "merger, merger" against Saints. But I am pleased you guys can add to your history, I'm sure Rusty's new mansion has plenty of room for more wooden spoons.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So the club (i.e., Crowe and Holmes-a-hyphen) hasn't since renewed their agreement to play out there? Oh that's right, they did and did so for "financial reasons". South Sydney - "the pride of Homebush Bay".

Oh, that's all good then, your members voted to become the plaything of the two egotistical maniacs. Noted.

I know Souths fans aren't too bright but I'll explain something for you. St George Illawarra Dragons is not a merged entity, it is a joint venture. Both the St George DRLFC and Illawarra Steelers are still in existence and still under the control of their members, something which cannot be said for the Homebush Bay Rabbitohs.

I actually marched for the return of Souths to the competition but have lived to regret that due to the arrogance of the clubs supporters and their bleating of "merger, merger" against Saints. But I am pleased you guys can add to your history, I'm sure Rusty's new mansion has plenty of room for more wooden spoons.
And we regret the arrogance of many other clubs' supporters and their bleating of "Homebush,Homebush" against Souths.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors

I actually marched for the return of Souths to the competition but have lived to regret that due.....

Yes it was the best of times and it was the worst of times, so many good Stmerge fans fell during that march (mainly because it was a pub crawl and they were drunk) but good on you digger for getting through it ok and then complaining you did. Your sacrifice for the greater good has been noted, a cookie awaits for you at our leagues club .. if it reopens.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Riiiiiiiiight, so we sold our soul, by voting to sell 75% of the club, which does not include changing the name, colours or that we play in the Sydney basin.

If we did not take that step, it is likely that our club would not be around anymore.

Driving to the Olympic Stadium is no big deal if you live here, but how do you go having to do the same from Sydney to Wollongong or Wollongong to Sydney? Must be a blast on Friday and Monday nights after work.

tbunny

Juniors
pointless arguing with the merged teams. they knew they were f**ked and now pride won't let them admit it. i don't think i could have supported a merged southern sydney entity so i don't know how the wests/tigers and st george illawarra boys do it. but good on em if they can.

boo_boo

Juniors
pointless arguing with the merged teams. they knew they were f**ked and now pride won't let them admit it. i don't think i could have supported a merged southern sydney entity so i don't know how the wests/tigers and st george illawarra boys do it. but good on em if they can.

Once again tbunny i wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench

Of course it has, but the original decision had nothing to do with them. And it is a total non-issue for us. So you are barking up the wrong tree if you believe that it bothers any of us. If it helps the club to turn a profit I'd be happy for them to play anywhere in Sydney. The club is based at Redfern after all, so spending a few hours twice a fortnight for 6 months in Homebush isn't a problem.

Whether it is a merge or joint venture is semantics, really. The club you support is the St. George Illawarra Rugby League Football Club Pty Ltd. A 13 year old company. The St George Dragons exist in name only. Where are you going to go to support them? The Leagues Club? Just don't get tasered...

But I think it is really nice that you are happy with this arrangement. Because I am very, very happy supporting the South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club, a 103 year old club.

It isn't arrogance. It is the truth. Sorry - 'joint venture'. That apparently makes you feel better and I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings princess.

And what I should add is that under the arrangement of the privatization we, the members, retain voting rights on everything related to the club colours, name, jersey, club song, where we play, etc. You know, the stuff that matters. So who owns the club is by and large irrelevant because they can't change a thing without 75% of member approval.

Mattyoh

Juniors
What a condescending wanker. St George-Illawarra win a one premiership after 10 years of choking and this scum is now an expert on recruitment policies. Is this Wanye Bennett's alias? Give me a break. It must be devasting that the team you grew up with is no longer around. It hurt all of us for a couple of years as well, but our future isn't already tainted.

Fug off troll.

Mr Spock!

Referee
It wasn't that long ago that these St Merge clowns were whinging about Doust, even worse than how some here moan about Richardson and Crowe. Interesting story on the St Merge thread as to how he went to sign up the young McKinnon kid, got too drunk and couldn't remember who he signed which turned out to be Charlie Leano.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=384587

Once Bennett goes they'll be back to relying on the likes of Doust.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It wasn't that long ago that these St Merge clowns were whinging about Doust, even worse than how some here moan about Richardson and Crowe. Interesting story on the St Merge thread as to how he went to sign up the young McKinnon kid, got too drunk and couldn't remember who he signed which turned out to be Charlie Leano.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=384587

Once Bennett goes they'll be back to relying on the likes of Doust.
So the fake loch ness monster, caravan in dapto or people having a laugh didn't make you realise this is a pisstake and not a true story??

FMD.. The stupidity in this forum never ceases to amaze me..

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
see, what helps any argument is a unified front...

a team divided is a team defeated...

now, i'm one for any debate, but for the love of god could you bunnies supporters please pick an argument against the dragons & stick to it?

what do i mean?

in the red corner we have the chokers tag, cause we didn't win for 31 years:

You shed the chokers tag
Up until last year, the dragons underperformed every year since the 70's
created after you shed the choker tag.

and in the green corner we have the12 year old club insult crew:
you support a 12 year old merged entity and that the St.George Dragons club
why do stmerge supporters worry about what souths are doing, well because they are now sitting on (1) premiership and souths are sitting on (20) premierships.
stmerge now sit on (1) premiership
their team has either merged and lost all their premierships back to (zero)
so many good Stmerge fans fell during that march
Whether it is a merge or joint venture is semantics, really. The club you support is the St. George Illawarra Rugby League Football Club Pty Ltd. A 13 year old company.
pointless arguing with the merged teams.

and then you have the confused corner, who are trying both angles:
2010dragons Recently changed his name from 1979dragons. Maybe his new name should be 2010steeldragons.
What a condescending wanker. St George-Illawarra win a one premiership after 10 years of choking
see i'm confused.. how can we be chokers who spent 31 years in the wilderness when we are only 12 years old?

come on peoples.. get together and work out how you are going to insult the dragons and band together as one!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i thought we got rid of this ^^^ farkwit?

well, no.. i haven't actually broken any of your forum guidelines, so i can't be barred..

all that happens is NKOTB will need to give up some of his precious time to do a move to the ho hum thread (which i demand should be re-named "muzby's house"..

themacemaceman

Juniors
Muz I'm also confused. Why do people who support other teams want to be one the souths forum. I personally couldn't give a shit what's going on at other clubs with the exception of Newcastle and only because I live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts