What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooper - back page

Marchad

Juniors
The NRL would be foolish to relocate the sharks to a market that would be commanding there own identity. If the NRL were going to relocate us it would have to be Adelaide. I would still support the great white Adelaide sharks.

Feej

First Grade
I'm only hanging on to the NRL by a thread. No Sharks in the shire, and I'm gone.

Card Shark

Immortal
If the NRL were going to relocate us it would have to be Adelaide. I would still support the great white Adelaide sharks.

They will not relocate us to Adelaide. They will never have a team again.

(If the ARLC were "smart") They would only consider sending our tarnished name to a non-league area with a 2 hour time difference to the east coast.

Queenslanders would not support a "Sharks" team. It would take 15 to 20 years to get support & be accepted, Doubt they can wait that long. Not to mention corporate support won't be forthcoming.

Card Shark

Immortal
to top it off, they made it FRONT PAGE news....hahahaha.

who makes the decisions down there?

It is laughable that. A workmate comes in this morning asking did I buy the paper. Told him it's typical Sharks bashing crap & no, I never buy it anymore because that's all they ever do.

Putting this re-hashed "exclusive " on the front page is a joke, much like the author.

Quigs

Immortal
Farkkken Murdoch shit.

I told youse !!!!

How f**king stupid are they. They are that stupid they even employed Reefy at one time.

Rest my case your worship.

Since 73

First Grade
Knobs like karl Stefenovic, Boubon Bec and Perez Hilton all come under the umbrella of 'journalist'.

It's a job which requires you to produce any shite that will help sell a newspaper and the days of it being based on fact are long, long gone.

Hooper simply heard a Chinese whisper and put 2 and 2 together and came up with 7.

This approach has been tried and failed with Northern eagles.

The fact we are on the nose so much is to our advantage. Any location they thought of shipping us to would picket the streets to stop it.

None of the roster would move from Sydney and couldn't be forced to.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
To say relocation to QLD is hilarious. Central QLD even moreso. Its a battling area with a combined population of around 250k spread out over an area that would be the equivalent of the New England Highway and having home games played at Tamworth.

If you guys go down, there will be no Sharks anywhere.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Knobs like karl Stefenovic, Boubon Bec and Perez Hilton all come under the umbrella of 'journalist'.

It's a job which requires you to produce any shite that will help sell a newspaper and the days of it being based on fact are long, long gone.

Hooper simply heard a Chinese whisper and put 2 and 2 together and came up with 7.

The fact we are on the nose so much is to our advantage. Any location they thought of shipping us to would picket the streets to stop it.

He didn't put 2 and 2 together at all.

The Telegraph is the McDonalds of the news world. Alright for a quick hit, but you feel like shit for ages afterwards and swear its the last time.

Hoper has straight out written this to sell todays copy and cater for fools who like their shit real simple.

No doubt your club is in trouble, but no way the NRL are playing it as he's said.

f**k he backtracked quick when matty johns said it would be a disgrace if it were handled the way he insinuated, then he said the NRL would dress it up as something else.

He does realise that Gallop is gone? Thats the News way to do things and Dave Smith should come out swinging with this bloke if he's insinuating they'll look to stitch up the Sharks.

Last edited:

Mr. Sharky

Juniors
The move makes sense. 9 Sydney clubs is unsustainable, and Qld is crying out for a 4th club. Cronulla are the weakest and most financially insecure, so it's logical that they move to Qld.

Will current Sharks fans support a relocated franchise, the way South Melbourne fans support the Swans?

How about we relocate the f**king Gold Coast.

The Tits are more financially stuffed than we are and history is shown the Gold Coast is incapable of supporting a team.

Giants, Seagulls, Chargers, Rollers, Blaze, United need I say more.

And to answer your question would I support a relocated team? No I wouldn't.

No Cronulla, no me.

I will take my business to Sydney FC.

The only league I'd bother watching if we relocated is the Wigan Warriors in the ESL.

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore

Shows we are popular if the hoards want to read about us.

Quigs

Immortal
Now lets just announce the signing of Fathead Fergo.

Gawd I'd love that to happen.

Just to piss off those that really need pissing off.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Even the ABC reported it this morning, but they also told the response that there are no teams on the relocation list by the NRL. What shit's me is when they say that "if ASADA fine us"... blah blah. ASADA can't f**king fine us, thats the NRL's job for starters, they can only issue infractions.

fizman

Bench
Over 10,000 Members
Debt reduced from 13 M to 3-4M
Top 8 Team
The fine that Essendon received is to be paid over 2-3 years.

I am more fired up that this idiot is reporting as "fact" that the club is guilty of systematic doping.

I would love to give this fool a clothesline from hell.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Just heard Masoud on Pox. FMD, on the one hand they print shit that makes the whole thing look like a for gone conclusion, and then on TV starts talking about 1 maybe 2 team in Sydney needing to relocate because of bad crowd figures. As far as I know our crowd figures and memberships are all up this year. He then went on to mention we need to really wait and see the outcome of ASADA investigation before we know anything. Well clearly that is unless you have a newspaper in which case you can print whatever shit you want in the confines of the law and fugg any consequences. These guys seem to be back peddling and I hope someone from the ARLC gets on their back. If its true, and the science to support it just aint there imv, then why don't these hacks do what they suggest and wait until we know. The answer is plain and simple. This sensational shit is all about selling papers mid week during a somewhat lack lustre few days in sport. If the paper wasn't so course i'd use it in the shitter.

Latest posts