What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston busted for drugs

cram

Bench
Yeah definately no denial on my part, I sort of expected it....the bargaining is about not wanting him to go anywhere else but that has moved to acceptance pretty quickly that he needs to p..s off...the depression will keep over riding the process....lol

Alex28

Coach
Obviously haven't been reading the main forum - apparently over there his real last name is Soprano...

Nuffy

Bench
From my perspective, I think we need to wait and see what actually happens, they are after all, innocent until proven guilty.

If they are convicted then the law will deal with them accordingly.

I wouldn't however like to see them released unconditionally, just in case they are innocent. The club has eaten sh*t over this and we need to be careful we don't pay a greater price with an Houston acquittal coming back to bite us.

If we release players, it should be conditional on acquitted players coming back to the club, or having the club approve their next move.

Last edited:

cram

Bench
Local ABC, 1233 has just interuppeted the normal proceedings to say that Burraston has announced at the NRL launch that they are expecting a letter of resignation from Houston today and that it will be accepted.

Rolla

Juniors
I honestly don't care if he goes to another club.... I don't think he is a player that oppositions need to worry about. if all our players were firing he wouldnt even be in our run on side...

This hurts our Depth a little but not our quality. I've got him as probably our number 6 or 7 prop and number 4 backrower assuming hilder isn't more valable which is a bold assumption, and assuming patto pulls it together.

Looks like he is resigning so lets push forward, hope for a good injury run, and use wisely the $ freed up. This might reslt in guys like Mika and Zane getting a run and producing the goods, both seem to have the potential to be better than house... A blessing in disguise perhaps?

Alex28

Coach
Local ABC, 1233 has just interuppeted the normal proceedings to say that Burraston has announced at the NRL launch that they are expecting a letter of resignation from Houston today and that it will be accepted.
To be honest, if Houston went to the club and said that he believes he did something unknowingly or by accident and that he believed he was innocent then the club would probably back him. That the club has come out to the media and said that he lied to the club and that they will accept his resignation probably means that is not the case...

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
Chris Houston quits Newcastle Knights to fight drug charges

NEWCASTLE second rower Chris Houston has offered his resignation to the club today to allow him to fight drug charges in court next month.

It was announced on Monday that the police charged Houston with three charges of supplying ecstasy and one charge of supplying cocaine with his first court case on April 13.
Knights chief executive Steve Burraston confirmed at the NRL launch at ANZ Stadium this afternoon that the club would accept his resignation.
"Chris is one of our better players but with all that he's got going on, he needs to focus on that and we know his mind won't be on footy." he said.
Houston is the second Newcastle player to face serious drug charges after Danny Wicks was charged in December.

Australian News paper 1:54 PM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ght-drug-charges/story-e6frg7mf-1225836552332

Not much more to be said, hope the boys put it out of there head for round 1, still believe we can be strong contender's this year, got great centre's, Vuna can barge throw anyone and McManus didnt represent NSW for nothing, some gun backrowers, and a very good starting front row if Evarn and Cross can play to their potential and if Mullo can powder the cannon we can win a lot of games.

Go the Knights!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chin up guys, you got Shannon McDonnell to help you out of the mire.

This could be a blessing in disguise guys. We have to keep the faith as difficult as that may seem right now. Everyone writing us off is asking to be made to look very stupid this season.

Jono078

Referee
We have to do what the Dogs did last year.

We have our chance to clean out the dead wood and hit the market hard to bring in quality people and players.

But with the Dogs it all started at the top, so who knows how we'll come out of this.

Back in negativity mode a bit have a look at the Dogs front office and ours. Have a look at Canterbury Leagues club and our.... What a minute we don't have a Leagues club!

red and blue

Juniors
As supporters we just have to get behind the team and hope that there are no more kicks in the guts from now on. And even if there is it will not stop me from supporting the knights even if we dont win a game all year. At least ill know that the guys out there are doing there best and there not the ones who let the team down. The knights need our support more then ever before.

IanG

Coach
First Danny Wicks now Chris Houston.

Heard on a radio news bulletin that the club have accepted Houston's resignation.

Really standing them down and allowing them to quit the club, what else could they have done?

Having released them both will free up some cash under the cap.

But really I think the club has handled the situation was well as can be expected.

perverse

Referee
i don't usually like to do this... BUT...

why the hell did you create another thread on this... and call it something strange and vague?

Yosh

Coach
Daily Telecrap said we got around 200k to spurlge on someone new, starting now.

Looking back, if Houston got caught a month ago we probably could have had a greater dig at Mason who in hindsight we could really do with...

Latest posts