What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

We'll, there's potential for San Diego to win the Super Bowl.
Which won't happen. But could

There's potential for spurs to be better than last year under AVB.

Sharks

f**k it

Weaponhead

Coach
If Foolanno turns up in November for pre-season we might as well sit next year out.

Seriously.

We need to make a fresh start and look to the future by finally putting 2011/ASADA behind us.,

if that moron is part of anything to do with our football club we are just turning back to our vomit.

And deserve everything we get.

We need a fresh halfback. A real halfback. An unjaded halfback.

We need a fresh coach. A real coach.
A coach who doesn't feel he needs 'Additives' for us to compete but rather can devise attacking plays.

Agree with all of that. New coach is a must for the club to move on. Noakes as well must go.

New half is essential. I am also not sold on Brown as an NRL standard half. His passing and kicking games have a long way to go. In fairness he has come into a rabble before he is ready but I reckon he is a 14 who can spark from dummy half.

In the forwards, Sopoanga has come on quite well. Fifita needs to get fit and his head right and he is a weapon. I would keep Tupou for another year as he can create. I have limited expectations for Gallen and Lewis as both are past their best. They need roles that suit the team.

In the backs, Holmes has ability and can beat players. He needs a big off season to get an NRL body. Gagan showed that he is a good finisher. Leutele and Feki are solid and unspectacular. Gordon is still good enough to make our top side. Ayshford and Wright have been disastrous at right centre. This is a must fix.

coolumsharkie

Referee
So with the wooden spoon now all but confirmed to be headed to God's Country this season, we can now only look towards the future and what few positives have come out of this shocking year we have endured. Not forgetting we still have two games left to play.

Lets start with the negatives and get them out of the way:
-Wooden spoon, shit way to finish a week that gave us so much motivation to win.
-ASADA investigation was quiet for most of the year until the last few weeks, and came to a decision. It's gone on for way to f**king long and hopefully is over.
-Injuries absolutely decimated us right from the beginning of the season, we never really stood a chance this season. Did we ever field a full strength, fully fit seventeen all year?
-We have lost one of our most promising young stars, Lichaa, to the Dogs for next season and beyond. He may not have lived up to all the hype but he has certainly been decent.
-We have also lost one of the most marketable players the clubs ever had, Beau Ryan, to a premature retirement. Hopefully he gets a job of some sort with the club, maybe in marketing?
-Lewis didn't have his heart in it, he played what, maybe 4 or 5 games for us? As usual him and his partner in crime Gallen were fully focused on State of f**king Origin once again.
-Fifita did not spark at all this season, maybe a side affect of the contract drama at the start of the season.
-Throwing poor old Peter Sharp into the deep end, having him eventually quit.
-Dud recruits such as Prior, Ayshford, Holdsworth and Eric Grothe Jr. did f**k all, another masterstroke from Flanagan.
-Using an astonishing 35 players across thus far after 24 rounds.
-We re-signed Flanagan for another three God damn years.
-Carney pisses his career up a wall...
-More board bullshit

And finally
-Messiah is still here.

Positives

-Massive come back wins against the Roosters, Brisbane, as well as beating Penrith twice and the Warriors at home.
-Promising youngsters such as Lichaa, Politoni, Brown and Sopoaga all getting a decent run in first grade and towards the back end of the year we finally saw the debut of Val Holmes who we have seen can be a fine player with a couple years experience in the top grade.
-We managed to pick a few good sponsors, we ended up having a jersey full of them which is always a positive.
-Michael Gordon having an absolutely outstanding season in a struggling team, anyone who thinks he is crap needs to give themselves an uppercut.

As the saying goes, its always darkest just before the dawn. 2015 can be the beginning of the Sharks comeback but from this ASADA shit it might take a number of years to rebuild. I can't wait for this horror season to end. We got to stick by our boys, its been a hard season for them as well as us as supporters.

:lol: Thanks for the laff re Messiah.

Great post! That's about the same view I have Just cant type it out like some can, well done Glenmore and more of it.

I've dedicated most of my winter months supporting this team and I'm the same age as the club. I can rant and rave all night but one thing that keeps me coming back is that I'm from the area and grew up playing footy there. I've been to school with the Rapers, know the Rogers, A Gibbo and a Beetson (He was the publican at Como Hotel when I was working behind the bar) A Sattler ( He was the "Night manager") At Runcorn Tavern in Brisvegas late 90's. My Dads mates opened the Caringbah Bizzo's .. or Sharks first Leagues Club, down the road from Caringbah Inn. All in all it's been a big part of my life.

I hope to f**k that we as supporters can sit back and watch the footy like we used to be able to do, without all these noose over the head reporters and government wannabe's.. out of my f**king weekend winter leisure time sport.

f**k AAAAAAWWWWWFFFF !!!!!!!

Quigs

Immortal
Yes Greggie, he is a gift that keeps giving.

I am a bit upset that good old Sparty Grunter fell off the radar. It was always an even contest between him and Soup.

Quigs

Immortal
I think they ended up being Tinks in Tinklers Newcastle. They followed Dari-arse up the highway.

Quigs

Immortal
I heard a whisper that Soup lost it when Biker did the Harold Holt and went swimming and never came back.

It hit the dwarf hard. I heard, now I don't know how true it is, but he did sometime in the Benny Barba Rehab Centre. The got him sorted out as best they could.

Over time we have always encouraged him because of his obivous problems, but hey, that is the type of blokes we are.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
New half is essential. I am also not sold on Brown as an NRL standard half. His passing and kicking games have a long way to go. In fairness he has come into a rabble before he is ready but I reckon he is a 14 who can spark from dummy half.

He also misses a lot of tackles atm. I'm glad we have him signed up because I think he will become a good player, but only the really elite 19 year olds are good enough to help a team at NRL level.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
I think another positive is you guys will soon be an nrl retirement village helping out many young families

Quigs

Immortal
I think another positive is you guys will soon be an nrl retirement village helping out many young families

1000648_488548081267989_1744900666_n.png

chewsta

First Grade
I'll throw it out there that Sopoaga will stand up and be one of our best next year.
He is seriously under rated. Has a great step at the line always managing to poke out the other side of tackles for an offload or break through the first tackle with his footwork. only to find nobody backing him up most times.

He also throws some amazing sleight of hand passes.

DJDL

First Grade
For 2015, I'd be giving the axe to
Wright
Prior
Gibbs
Gardner
Heighington
Ayshford
Robson
Tupou

Move Gallen to Prop, Gordon to Wing, Holmes to Fullback and Feki to centre

Buy Jack Littlejohn from Manly as halfback, or Ben Hunt from Brisbane

Buy 1 depth back rower and 2 depth props to replace departing players.

1 - Holmes
2 - Gordon
3 - Leutele
4 - Feki
5 - Gagan
6 - N.Brown
7 -
8 - Gallen
9 - Ennis
10 - A.Fifita
11 - Lewis
12 - Graham
13 - Arona

Mitch Brown can cover anything 1 to 5
Politoni can cover 6, 7 and 9
Get some depth in the forwards, of a decent quality. Keep Gallen's playing time to no more than 60 mins and Fifita's & Lewis' to 50 mins

I'd hang on to Toops. Other than that I think you've nailed it.
I don't think it's panic stations for next year at all. The halves definitely need sorting, and some depth players for up front but that's about it IMHO.

We won't win it but, injuries not withstanding, it'll be a major improvement on this year

Latest posts