What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Agree with the sentiments on Dave Taylor. Can be a dead-set grub but possibly one of the most gifted big units getting around. Hopefully if we did sign him he's done his dash state of origin wise. Big, mobile pack if includes Taylor, Taga & 2 x Burrito's.

Agree with the sentiments on Dave Taylor. Can be a dead-set grub but possibly one of the most gifted big units getting around. Hopefully if we did sign him he's done his dash state of origin wise. Big, mobile pack if includes Taylor, Taga & 2 x Burrito's.

Now we need to retain Sop as looked the goods when we were struggling can offload for sure

Even Sorensen has a offload in him and some footwork just needs an offseason to put some pounds on.

Now with backs like Holmes, Gagan, Feki, Leutele & Brown who have speed, the big mobile pack can cause damage and be finished off my backs with pace.

But the key is no 5 one outs and boot otherwise all the above is a waste

Madsharkie

First Grade
Sami should be a decent back up signing. Can't be any worse than flake, can he?

I'd like to see Soppy re-signed too.

cb4

First Grade
Not sure why we signed Houma when he was already a contracted Jets player, seems a bit pointless in going into a JV with them.

The young kids signing long contracts is the best part of that story. I have been told we beat a list of clubs to the retention of Connor Tracey, the team making the most noise were our neighbours from the Gong.

Still on the hunt for a Half, Centre and a first grade Prop. And keeping the options open on Taylor as well.

southland

Juniors
Not sure why we signed Houma when he was already a contracted Jets player, seems a bit pointless in going into a JV with them.

Consolidating prop depth? Or maybe just for the sake of signing someone, anyone to bolster a little good news story in a slack news month for the sharks...?

Glad to hear about Conner Tracey as long term half prospect. Is he years away from 1sts tho?

If we get Taylor, we basically have him interchanging with Taga have similiar roles, not involved with one out, more off the cuff.

And in defence both Taga & Taylor are given role of minder for NuBrown in defence much like Carroll did for Lockyer smash anyone who runs at Nu, then see if they want to do it again

So taking into aspect players signed for next year, not counting those who are off contract and yet to be resigned our starting team would be close to

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. Leutele
4. Gagan
5. Feki
6. Bird
7. Brown
8. A.Fifita
9. M.Ennis
10. P.Gallen
11. L.Lewis
12. S.Tagatese
13. W.Graham

Bench
14. C.Heighington
15. A.Topou
16. Robson
17. M.Prior

I would like to see in trial Bird given go at 5/8, with N.Brown at half

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
I think it needs a bit more stability

1. Gordon
2. Holmes
3. Leutele
4. Gagan
5. Feki
6. Brown
7. Robson
8. A.Fifita
9. M.Ennis
10. Heighington
11. L.Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen

Bench
14. Tagatese
15. A.Tupou
16. Arona/Sopoanga/Mexico/Fifita #2
17. Bird/Polotoni

Whoever is better on form

chewsta

First Grade
So if we are now with the Jets, can any of their players be promoted into our firsts team or will it be like the Storm/Sharks merger?

Just asking because that Arana Taumata is one hell of a player. and he is also a 7 from memory. If he wasnt such a f**kwit with such a bad history he would easily walk into pretty much any NRL team.

Ads

First Grade
So if we are now with the Jets, can any of their players be promoted into our firsts team or will it be like the Storm/Sharks merger?

Just asking because that Arana Taumata is one hell of a player. and he is also a 7 from memory. If he wasnt such a f**kwit with such a bad history he would easily walk into pretty much any NRL team.

He's a proper gun and would solve all our problems. Got a rap sheet longer than Carney though. Has been banging on about being a good guy now because he has a kid. I would sign him in a heartbeat.

He's a proper gun and would solve all our problems. Got a rap sheet longer than Carney though. Has been banging on about being a good guy now because he has a kid. I would sign him in a heartbeat.

If the creeping Jesus can pick Packer in 1sts we should select Tarumata if he is on form

bluebag43

Juniors
Yeah, Cronulla can call any of the Newtown players up! There are some very good players there. Keep an eye on Kurt Kara, very good player, can play a number of positions hooker/five eight etc.

chewsta

First Grade
Yeah, Cronulla can call any of the Newtown players up! There are some very good players there. Keep an eye on Kurt Kara, very good player, can play a number of positions hooker/five eight etc.

Thanks for the confirmation Bluebag. I was hoping that would be the case.
I imagine we will definitely see Taumata in a sharks jersey in 2015, the bloke carves em up from a position we are in desperate need of strengthening.

Hopefully he can behave himself.

I assume we will play 2 trials next year.

Would like to see one of them at Henson Park as good PR with the Bluebags.

Lets take the other one maybe to Sunshine Coast of QLD, area we havent played before

bluebag43

Juniors
Cronulla playing an NRL trial at Henson Park with the Jets playing a NSW Cup trial curtain raiser, would be a great PR exercise.

It is something the Chooks never bothered doing in the 9 year relationship!

It would show that the new relationship was going to be different and that the Sharks are rock solid!:D:D

Latest posts