What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

bluey

Bench
I am surprised we don't brew our own Beer, think about it ???
What would we name it???
Another revenue stream as the big boys try to buy us out, i can see it now the sharks wont give up there secret beer formula.

carcharias

Immortal
it is being done.
Isn't bubby's mates brewing shark island out of a factory at Kirrawee.
I know blackrock are doing growlers as well.

But yes I agree the club needs to brew its own.

imasharkie

Coach
I am surprised we don't brew our own Beer, think about it ???
What would we name it???
Another revenue stream as the big boys try to buy us out, i can see it now the sharks wont give up there secret beer formula.

that would be great as long as it tastes like Pacific Ale from Stone and Wood. I'd support it.

taipan

Referee
What about converting the desal plant ,sitting there at Kurnell doing SFA,into a brewery.They have a good filter system already.
Boat Harbour Brewery.Under the titles Shire Pure Ale or Sharks Bitter.

Know of one chemist who could run the show, surname escapes me.....:sarcasm: though been in the press a bit.

I think the board members could do better by linking us with a pharmaceutical company, preferably the one that produces Prozac or Ritalin. I recall Parke Davis used to have a plant in Taren Point......... missed opportunities.

Card Shark

Immortal
At the start of last year, I tipped 2014 to be our year.

How wrong was I!

Now we are as far away from a premiership as ever & are destined to be 50 year old virgins!

bluey

Bench

How wrong was I!

Now we are as far away from a premiership as ever & are destined to be 50 year old virgins!

Worst part is some may even fall off thier perch before it happens i personally have a grandfather and a brother that never got to watch them win a GF

Madsharkie

First Grade

How wrong was I!

Based on our recruitment (Assford etc) I thought we'd struggle to do any better than the previous year. An already old squad with all players another year older, too much focus on forwards, arsada crap dragging on, and still no high quality centre. I thought we 'might' get lucky and make the 8... The worst injury till I can remember ended that faint hope.

I again look at our recruitment and the star is an ageing Ennis. Even with our great blooding of juniors this year, I think we're in for another lean one. :(

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Based on our recruitment (Assford etc) I thought we'd struggle to do any better than the previous year. An already old squad with all players another year older, too much focus on forwards, arsada crap dragging on, and still no high quality centre. I thought we 'might' get lucky and make the 8... The worst injury till I can remember ended that faint hope.

I again look at our recruitment and the star is an ageing Ennis. Even with our great blooding of juniors this year, I think we're in for another lean one. :(

I'd like to know who reviews the staff(the pencil pushers) and reviews their performance or lack there of?

In any given job if you produce poo you get a warning if you do it again than you should be on your way. The fans deserve answers and most importantly deserve something to get excited about in 2015.

As madsharkie has suggested next year will mirror this year by the looks of recruitment...or lack there of

Madsharkie

First Grade
Unless there's some big names yet to come Snoop. I won't be holding my breath...

Surely there is some accountability within the organisation? Wouldn't Noyce be the guy making necessary changes there? To be fair we have already seen a change in the training/recovery side of things, with the appointment of the guy from the goons. Hopefully that means this years injury toll will not be repeated!

Madsharkie

First Grade
I see Merritt has retired. At least that means we shouldn't sign him... Oh hang on, the name Eric Groth Jnr springs to mind... :roll:

Feej

First Grade
Worst part is some may even fall off thier perch before it happens i personally have a grandfather and a brother that never got to watch them win a GF

I'm only 51 and resigned to the fact that I'll probably never see it, even if I live to 100!

Feej

First Grade
I see Merritt has retired. At least that means we shouldn't sign him... Oh hang on, the name Eric Groth Jnr springs to mind... :roll:

Gotta give him a year or two out of the game first. Merritt to the Sharks in 2017!

Card Shark

Immortal

Sorry to hear that Bluey.

It is certainly a bucket list item for us all on here but there is a big hole in our buckets.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Unless there's some big names yet to come Snoop. I won't be holding my breath...

Surely there is some accountability within the organisation? Wouldn't Noyce be the guy making necessary changes there? To be fair we have already seen a change in the training/recovery side of things, with the appointment of the guy from the goons. Hopefully that means this years injury toll will not be repeated!

So in short the only scalp has been David Boyle.

Maybe the responsibility is closer than they think

Latest posts