What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Go Nulla

Bench
I trust that we aren't signing EGJ again for another 12 months are we ? ..... Surely not unless he is on a $1 contract and a pie and chips per game played arrangement.

Feej

First Grade
I think EGJ gets paid 30c a tweet, 25c for each Instagram pic and 50c each time his noggin is seen on the box.

webShark

So in short the only scalp has been David Boyle.

Maybe the responsibility is closer than they think

Doubt Boyley was bothered to leave. Big mate of Trent Barrets , so no surprise he went to the Panthers. Don't forget he was recruited post peptides. Doubt the injury situation will change under Flanno. The likes of Gall decide if he himself is fit. I know TC played a finals game against advice of medicos but probably to please Flanno. Injuries are one thing but we had injuries to players like Gibbs,D Fifita and Prior. There replacements were no worse than them. I have my doubts Lewis has ever been 100% since joining. Even Gordon who played all games is a week by week proposition.

Fully fit we have a crap roster. Ennis, Brown and Semolina don't change that. Messiah has a point. Why not get youngsters and try and make something of them? Better than getting proven plodders. With the possible exception of Tim Smith, I doubt we could pursue a less inspirational player than Keating. Be realistic. If he comes, he plays firsts.

This year we came last and that included 2 miracle wins. If next year is similar , we need 2 massive comebacks to equal it.

My mail is we are in talks with Martin Kennedy.

Quigs

Immortal
Doubt Boyley was bothered to leave. Big mate of Trent Barrets , so no surprise he went to the Panthers. Don't forget he was recruited post peptides. Doubt the injury situation will change under Flanno. The likes of Gall decide if he himself is fit. I know TC played a finals game against advice of medicos but probably to please Flanno. Injuries are one thing but we had injuries to players like Gibbs,D Fifita and Prior. There replacements were no worse than them. I have my doubts Lewis has ever been 100% since joining. Even Gordon who played all games is a week by week proposition.

Fully fit we have a crap roster. Ennis, Brown and Semolina don't change that. Messiah has a point. Why not get youngsters and try and make something of them? Better than getting proven plodders. With the possible exception of Tim Smith, I doubt we could pursue a less inspirational player than Keating. Be realistic. If he comes, he plays firsts.

This year we came last and that included 2 miracle wins. If next year is similar , we need 2 massive comebacks to equal it.

My mail is we are in talks with Martin Kennedy.

Martin Bloody Kennedy ... wasn't he the bloke involved with the guy at the Eastern Suburbs Rorters and half the team with the HGH bloodtests.

Roosters' prop Martin Kennedy is understood to have provided Mr Carolan with an introduction to the club.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Kennedy was killing it at the rorters and then did nothing with Brisbane. Home sick? Injured? We do need another decent prop, and if regains his old form he'd be a good buy - just don't pay overs! Yeah right...

cb4

First Grade
Kris Keating is not being signed for a first grade role, and we are not the only club after him.

Brown will be our 6, Robson will be our 7, unless we recruit a genuine half, then Robbo will be in the U.K.

We are signing, or attempting to sign Keating on the basis of:

A) we need a back up half as we do not know what Holdsworth is doing, and even if he stays, Keating could still be signed.

and

B) The NSW Cup deal with Newtown is not real good, and there playing roster is not real flash. Taumata is about the best thing they have going for them and I am hearing a former club is willing to pick him up again.

Someone said that they read on facebook (?) that we are waiting for Flanno to come back before we recruit, I have been harping on about this for god knows how long.
The only reason we have 4 signings now, is that the members were getting restless and Noyce had to be seen as getting results.

I have asked the question a thousand times both on here and to others, what if Flanno doesn't like the players we have signed? I am sure he will like a grinding player like Ennis, but the others?

I fully expect that when Flanno comes back a lot of cash will be thrown at a couple of contracted players.

WebSharks ears are good, we are speaking with Kennedy, we are also in the early stages of negotiations with Dave Taylor.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
When is Flanno back mate? I don't necessarily want him but if he can pull these blokes together and get them close to where they were in 2013, I'll take it.

SadShark

Bench
Who knew, that when semi-erect, you can actually insert an acceptable portion of your penis into your own rectum? f**ken taken me hours (but I finally got there).

Oh..........errrrrrrrrr, were we talking about Cronulla in 2015 & beyond? Cause......I'm thinking of the pleasures of self-felating, after mastering said topic above, such is now the level of my deluded mental fragility & need for some form of pleasurable activatye.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I don't mind Dave Taylor TBH.

However I get concerned about us signing him and playing him in the centres in typical Cronulla fashion

southland

Juniors
Dave taylor would be great. Giant with soft hands. Him and Fifita would be an interesting pair in front..

nooooo

come on guys youre like bugs flying towards a bug zapper

did you not see taylor in origin this year?

lucky to get a chance again and f**ked it , again, monumentally

he wasnt resigned by souths for a reason and hasnt set the world on fire at the titans

we've had enough rocks and diamonds players

consistency gets you in the finals and wins comps

dave taylor is not consistent

webShark

nooooo

come on guys youre like bugs flying towards a bug zapper

did you not see taylor in origin this year?

lucky to get a chance again and f**ked it , again, monumentally

he wasnt resigned by souths for a reason and hasnt set the world on fire at the titans

we've had enough rocks and diamonds players

consistency gets you in the finals and wins comps

dave taylor is not consistent

Can't agree Birdie. I think we have had too many consistent types and not enough rocks and diamonds.

Some of our rocks and diamonds players ,like Pom, have been just shit. The only other in recent times has been Gardner. Again largely shit.

Rocks and diamonds equals Vatuvei,Jennings,Sutton,Sandow etc. Diamond players are World Class like JT.

Agree on Taylor though. He left living in Caringbah and done little for the Titans. Can't see why coming back here would work.

Signing Taylor only if we are going to play with ball movement and not a grinding style, thats when you get the best from Taylor.

If the club goes 5 one outs and kick total waste of money on Taylor.

But if we are going to let the players play and ball movement is the key Taylor and Fifita could be dangerous combo

chewsta

First Grade
Signing Taylor only if we are going to play with ball movement and not a grinding style, thats when you get the best from Taylor.

If the club goes 5 one outs and kick total waste of money on Taylor.

But if we are going to let the players play and ball movement is the key Taylor and Fifita could be dangerous combo

I actually agree with all of that mate.
Taylor allthough sometimes lazy, does have an awesome skill set.
used in short stints he could be a great foil for Fifita.

Plastered

Juniors
beat me to it Poss....

Sharks recruitment in full swing

Thu 25th September, 12:39PM

1411613769027.jpg
Digital Image Grant Trouville © nrlphotos.com : Sami Sauiluma : NRL Rugby League Round 20 - Canberra Raiders v Souths Sydney Rabbitohs at Canberra Stadium, Monday 28th of July 2014.

Strapping Raiders outside back Sami Sauiluma, Newtown prop Saulala Houma and a host of talented youngsters have signed on with the Sharks for 2015 with player recruitment in full swing as the current season winds down.
Sauiluma, who stands at 184cm and tips the scales at 110kgs, played 15 top grade games at Canberra over the past two seasons, with his size and speed in the centres or on the wing set to provide plenty of options and increase competition for positions in the Sharks backline in 2015.
A Canberra native from the Woden Valley club, the 23-year-old Sauiluma scored 20 tries in 15 NSW Cup appearances in 2014 while also playing eight matches in the top grade. Somewhat saddened to leave his home town, Sauiluma was however looking forward to the challenge at the Sharks from next year.
‘‘It’s a bit disappointing leaving, but that’s footy these days,” Sauiluma told the Canberra Times. ‘‘The Sharks have got an unbelievable roster once all their players are back from injury and the off-field drama’s finished, I think they’ll be able to bounce back to where they were two years ago.’’
Joining him will be another physically imposing player in Houma, a prop who has spent the last few seasons in the Roosters system, playing in 2013 and 2014 with their NSW Cup feeder club the Newtown Jets.
At 190cm and weighing in at more than 110kgs Houma will add size to the Sharks forward pack next year.
Houma rated an ‘honourable mention’ in the NSW Cup Team of the Year announced this week, while Sauiluma won a place in the same best-of team in the centres. The two newcomers join the Sharks on one year deals.
While Sauiluma and Houma will be a part of the Sharks fulltime training squad this off-season, a number of other players, the majority of them local products, have agreed to terms with the club and are set to make major contributions in the Cronulla NYC and SG Ball teams both next year and in seasons to come.
Leading that list the Sharks have now secured the services of all four of their recently selected Australian schoolboys on multi-year contracts, with Jayden Walker and Connor Tracey agreeing to new deals which will see them play in the Sharks under 20’s in 2015 alongside fellow national schools team members Ash Nisbet and Jayden Brailey.
Walker, a part of last week’s winning GIO Cup winning schools team Endeavour Sports High, has signed a new contract which will see him remain at the Sharks for the next three seasons, while Tracey has committed for 2015 and 2016.
The young Sharks quartet will soon depart on a tour of UK and France with the Australian schools squad.
Ryan Cummins, Curtis Scott and Billy Magoulias, from Endeavour High and members of the 2014 Sharks SG Ball squad, have also agreed to terms, with Scott and Magoulias having another year of SG Ball eligibility in 2015. All three have come through the ranks with Cronulla district junior league teams and the respective Sharks junior rep sides.
Cummins and Scott are outside backs, Magoulias a clever ball-playing forward.
Two more highly promising local juniors in Daniel Vasquez and Cameron Scott are also contracted to the club and are set to play leading roles in the Sharks SG Ball team next season, with young hooker Blake Brailey, brother of Australian Schoolboy Jayden, also committing to the club on a three year deal.
The younger Brailey has two years of SG Ball remaining.
In relation to young out of district players, the Sharks have managed to secure the services of Brisbane-based Australian Schoolboys centre Keenan Yorston and Queensland Schoolboys winger Josh Tuilagi, along with NSW Country reps Zac Faulkner and Jaimin Jolliffe.
Faulkner, a prop hailing from Farah High School in Tamworth, Yorston and Tuilagi, are all eligible for the under-18’s next year, while Jolliffe, from Wagga Wagga in south-western NSW, is a front rower who will be a part of the Sharks NYC squad.
The most recent signings come on the back of the news that NSW 20’s Origin representative Jack Bird signed on with the Sharks last Friday for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.
Sharks recruitment, both in the senior and junior ranks, will continue during the off-season.
http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2014/09/25/sharks_recruitment_in_full_swing.html

jason taylor

Bench
Well I guess you guys are in need of some back up backs, since the majority of the NSW cup side this season were primarily Storm players. Just hope that he doesn't see too much first grade.

Latest posts