What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

ghoti

Bench
C'mon...Leutele will be the first centre selected in that squad, and rightly so. Won't end up being the next Jamie Lyon, but it's not like we have a wealth of stand-out players in that position. Beale and Brown are two signings who will compete for the second spot. Bird hasn't played first grade yet, so keep your dicks in your pants, and Feki has been great on the wing for us and may be worth a centre shot in time.

island pro

Juniors
I haven't given up on Gardz altogether. I still have hope that he can fit in somewhere from time to time. He can be pretty exciting when he is on, if nothing else.

Ads

First Grade
Gardner has a horrible attitude and is a deadbeat off the field. Lucky if he plays a single minute in the Nrl next year.

Card Shark

Immortal
Gardner has a horrible attitude and is a deadbeat off the field. Lucky if he plays a single minute in the Nrl next year.

Needs a kick up the arse then.

With Carney gone & a focus on footy, there is hope for him.

Trouble is, for him, we have lots of players in front of him now.

cb4

First Grade
focus less on his career numbers and actually watch the kid play. Great defense. good footwork. would look alot different in a team capable of attacking football.

Thoroughly disagree. His one on one defense is atrocious, and his reading of the game got to the brink of embarrassing towards the end of the year.

I ask you, how many teams would he make?

cb4

First Grade
C'mon...Leutele will be the first centre selected in that squad, and rightly so. Won't end up being the next Jamie Lyon, but it's not like we have a wealth of stand-out players in that position. Beale and Brown are two signings who will compete for the second spot. Bird hasn't played first grade yet, so keep your dicks in your pants, and Feki has been great on the wing for us and may be worth a centre shot in time.

No he won't be. Flanno is going all guns blazing for Gerard Beale for a reason.
The other centre spot is wide open but I would put Leutele on the look over your shoulder list this year.
Especially when the pressure comes to Flanno to find spots for Gagan and Holmes in the team.

Makes you wonder why they went a recruited Mitch Brown.

TRIALS

Juniors
Thoroughly disagree. His one on one defense is atrocious, and his reading of the game got to the brink of embarrassing towards the end of the year.

bit tough to single one bloke out towards the end of last season ...we were a shambles.

I think if he debuted into a club like bulldogs or rabbits he would look alot different. would Auv'a or Lafai look as good as they do now if they were playing for us?

Anyway, each to their own, hope he proves you wrong.

txta2

First Grade
Leutele represents the usual sharks culture in the fans and the difference to top teams is glaring.

Fans get all fluffy and excited and think player is the next prodigy.

Meanwhile other teams fans are getting excited about the ACTUAL next prodigy.

Take Gardner for example, almost public masturbation about how good he would be at the beginning.

Meanwhile you have Melbourne who are ACTUALLY watching Billy Slater run out week in week out.

Therein lies the difference between the players sharks fans get excited about compared to teams that go on to win the competition.

Ricky has a lot of potential, could be a good player.... more than likely not a 'great' player.

Swallow that mediocrity quickly.

Well hopefully shit like this starts changing. And if it doesn't then the coaching staff will get sacked. Our window is open in the next 3 years, no excuses.

SadShark

Bench
Under a bomb, the Mitch Brown Kaarnt looks like Basil Fawlty trying to catch a vase falling from two storeys up.

chewsta

First Grade
Feki should be the first centre chosen if you ask me.
He could be the next Matai if given a crack.

webShark

I find myself in the middle of this debate. Really like Leutele, but CB has a point. How many teams does he make? Beale would not be joining to play NSW Cup. I also have a problem with Loot's attack. Never in the right place at the right time.

However, in Loots defence he has never had much of a chance in a decent backline. I would like to see him given a few games before writing him off. We sign Beale and it is Beale and one other. It does make me question, why Mitch Brown? Knowing Flanno, Gagan and Holmes may not be the certain starters many expect. He could easily go Feki, Beale,Leutele and Mitch Brown.

I keep thinking the signing of M.Brown is that he can cover f/b, wing & centre, he is safety net he can play NSW Cup and brings them experience.

I have more faith in Brown over Gardner, lets hope Catalan give Garner lifeline.

Murphy will help calm Barba that will be a help

Craigshark

First Grade
I find myself in the middle of this debate. Really like Leutele, but CB has a point. How many teams does he make? Beale would not be joining to play NSW Cup. I also have a problem with Loot's attack. Never in the right place at the right time.

However, in Loots defence he has never had much of a chance in a decent backline. I would like to see him given a few games before writing him off. We sign Beale and it is Beale and one other. It does make me question, why Mitch Brown? Knowing Flanno, Gagan and Holmes may not be the certain starters many expect. He could easily go Feki, Beale,Leutele and Mitch Brown.

Exactly what I am thinking. What's the bet we don't see either Gagan or Holmes round 1 next season..

And to an extent F Brown. He'll probably choose Politoni over him.

ghoti

Bench
Everyone's emotional attachment to certain players is wearing me down. I likr Gagan, Fa Brown and Holmes too, but there's no strong evidence to suggest that they'll perform better than Mitch Brown, Politoni or Gordon/Beale/etc in first grade. All those guys looked good in firsts, but they are far from proven. I thonk it's fair to expect that they will need time to prove that they are better forst graders than the guys ahead of them on experience.

And to when everyone says we need to be looking at the future, we need to play every season like it's our last. You don't win comps by planning for the next year