What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's only one centre at the Sharks who would be able to work well with Wade's sideways running.

Ayshford.

cb4

First Grade
Lot of comments re Leutele in here positive and negative, checked some stats on him

Debut 2010 for 1 game in round 24, halves that day Smith & Barrett
2011 plays 2 games rounds 22 & 23, the halves combos both games Townsend & Graham, gets 1 try
2012 plays 7 games round 18, then from 21 to and including final does score 4 tries not bad effort, with halves being basically Robson & Carney
2013 plays 3 games rounds 1-3, but gets season ending injury, start of ASADA

So in first 4 years of FG plays 13 games, years 10 & 11 we had shocking halves, starts to hit straps in 2012, but 2013 gets injured

2014 plays 23 games for 5 tries, not good but there was many factors to contribute to that.

Going into 2015, Leutele has now played 36 games basically this would be the year to judge him on has now got enough FG under his belt

Please review this and post the correct details.

cb4

First Grade
It's not just that Wade is a ball hog ... he also needs to straighten up, instead of crabbing towards the sideline, taking all Loot's space away.

He should watch a few videos of Kieran Foran on the LHS.

Great idea, get your edge running back rower to watch videos of a 5/8 play football.

He should watch videos of Ryan Hoffman if he wants to learn how to dominate a left edge.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Still think Graham should be moved to the right. He passes better left to right. At times it looks like Phil Bailey is running the left channel for us. He needs to sort that shit out. As a former half there is no excuse.
13 for mine.

Everyone's emotional attachment to certain players is wearing me down. I likr Gagan, Fa Brown and Holmes too, but there's no strong evidence to suggest that they'll perform better than Mitch Brown, Politoni or Gordon/Beale/etc in first grade. All those guys looked good in firsts, but they are far from proven. I thonk it's fair to expect that they will need time to prove that they are better forst graders than the guys ahead of them on experience.

And to when everyone says we need to be looking at the future, we need to play every season like it's our last. You don't win comps by planning for the next year

Hi Phlanno

Great idea, get your edge running back rower to watch videos of a 5/8 play football.

He should watch videos of Ryan Hoffman if he wants to learn how to dominate a left edge.

No need to be a merkin about it.

Take it easy up there mate, its a long way to fall from that pedastal. Then you might have to walk around down here with us mere mortals.

Southern Shark

Juniors
To answer the?. Excellent. One week ago it was time to prepare for a second spoon. Now imagine within two week's we have Barba, Bakuya, the development started, a top CEO and a major high profile sponsor. That would be some fortnight. . Bring it on.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Has the new CEO been announced yet? That would top things off nicely.
I agree with southern shark and cools. A couple of weeks ago it was looking very sad. Now I'm genuinely excited for 2015 (I was not excited for 2014 ftr).

Omnishark2

Juniors

Respect your opinion & your inside info CB4 ... but are saying you don't think Wade crabbing sideways was a problem for Leutele this year ?

ghoti

Bench
His point stands...Wade already plays too much like a 5/8, needs second rower lessons, not ball playing lessons. Agree with what your comparison to Phil Bailey before...brought back baaaad memories of wasted centres on his side.

I don't Graham needs to change his style dramatically, cos I think it ofteb works and is unique, he just needs to pick his moments and let his centre do the work. He should be the blocking runner about twice as much as he is currently, and Robson (or Barba if he ends up working the left) needs to make sure that's the case.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I think a lot of Grahams problems stem from a lack of ball playing inside him. Agree with cb4, but if Robbo stays at halfback I reckon we will see the same old.

I've been fooled into thinking Robbo is the answer before, but how many of these halfbacks would you pick before him?

Pearce - Roosters
A Reynolds - Rabbits
Thurston/Lui - Cows
Cronk - Storm
Hunt - Broncos
Brooks - Tigers
Sandow - Eels
DCE - Manly
Roberts - Knights
Marshall - Dragons
Hodkinson - Dogs
Wallace - Panthers
S Johnson - Warriors
Mortimer - Titans
McCrone - Raiders

Out of all of the other teams, I would maybe have him over McCrone and Mortimer.

Ads

First Grade
I think a lot of Grahams problems stem from a lack of ball playing inside him. Agree with cb4, but if Robbo stays at halfback I reckon we will see the same old.

I've been fooled into thinking Robbo is the answer before, but how many of these halfbacks would you pick before him?

Pearce - Roosters
A Reynolds - Rabbits
Thurston/Lui - Cows
Cronk - Storm
Hunt - Broncos
Brooks - Tigers
Sandow - Eels
DCE - Manly
Roberts - Knights
Marshall - Dragons
Hodkinson - Dogs
Wallace - Panthers
S Johnson - Warriors
Mortimer - Titans
McCrone - Raiders

Out of all of the other teams, I would maybe have him over McCrone and Mortimer.

So true. I'm not sure if he is better than the last two on the list anyways. Its a tight one. He is a handbrake. He gets praised rightly for his defence but I would sacrifice that defence for more attacking skills so the team isn't reliant on defence to win us games because we struggle to score. We are always in the arm wrestle and he is a prime reason for it.

TRIALS

Juniors
he is the best halfback we have though. Nu will be a better player in the long run but right now, as average as he is, Robson is our best halfback.

chewsta

First Grade
Well if Flanno is serious about setting the sharks on a new course then he should have Nu training as the 7 for the whole off season and then give the kid first crack. If it doesnt work then we go back to Robbo. What do we have to lose, we are defending the f**king spoon FFS!

Oh and put Feki in the centres too Flange ya merkin!

Card Shark

Immortal
I saw the 2 fifita's in the background of a Barba interview.

Edit: should've read next post

Last edited: