What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

fizzgig

Juniors
Everyone's emotional attachment to certain players is wearing me down. I likr Gagan, Fa Brown and Holmes too, but there's no strong evidence to suggest that they'll perform better than Mitch Brown, Politoni or Gordon/Beale/etc in first grade. All those guys looked good in firsts, but they are far from proven. I thonk it's fair to expect that they will need time to prove that they are better forst graders than the guys ahead of them on experience.

And to when everyone says we need to be looking at the future, we need to play every season like it's our last. You don't win comps by planning for the next year

Although Brown and Holmes are the higher profile debutants I think I disagree with Gagan over the other two. He had limited opportunity prior to injury but from what I saw he had the speed and strength (something the other two may develop over the pre season or the next year) to play his position without a problem. He scored well and I can't remember any major defensive issues (that couldn't also be linked to a crappy centre).

After the recent signings, Gagan is the player I would like Flanagan to take a chance on developing further in first grade over the other experienced wingers that might be ahead of him.

Maybe I'm wrong, by that stage of the season I was self medicating before each game just to get me through it all...

chewsta

First Grade
And to when everyone says we need to be looking at the future, we need to play every season like it's our last. You don't win comps by planning for the next year

:clap::clap: Well said!

Mitch Brown may have been a bit of a panick signing, he was picked up with a bit of the season left to run and we hadnt signed anybody else at the time. Towards the end of the year blokes like Holmes and Gagan started to show their worth and potential but by that time Brown had been signed.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Fox Sports said:
THE opening month of January is going to be pivotal for the Manly Sea Eagles, with off-contract stars Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran to make assessments on where the club is headed before weighing up offers from rival NRL clubs.

Cherry-Evans is set to become the subject of a massive offer from the Gold Coast Titans, while the Cronulla Sharks are the latest club to signal they will also compete for the Kangaroo Test playmaker. The Sharks plan to use new recruit Ben Barba as a conduit, with the 2012 Dally M Medal winner extremely close with DCE.

Source

chewsta

First Grade
but I had my heart set on a Keating/hodsworth/Robbo combo. :x

the peptides are turning you merkins!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Dreams could only be made of a Barba/DCE combo. What that would do for the club and the shire as a whole would be astronomical

chewsta

First Grade
f**k yeah! we have a young backline with plenty of potential. running off Barba and DCE they would look like superstars.

Just quietly DCE's missus is a gun too!

southland

Juniors
Barba/Sezer for me. DCE of course is an epic half back but something about him screams inbalance.

Of course love to see him recruited but preference would be targeting Sezer or to see a young one smash it ala Brooks at the tigers, e.g. Conner Tracey, Murphy or Nu Brown.

Lot of comments re Leutele in here positive and negative, checked some stats on him

Debut 2010 for 1 game in round 24, halves that day Smith & Barrett
2011 plays 2 games rounds 22 & 23, the halves combos both games Townsend & Graham, gets 1 try
2012 plays 7 games round 18, then from 21 to and including final does score 4 tries not bad effort, with halves being basically Robson & Carney
2013 plays 3 games rounds 1-3, but gets season ending injury, start of ASADA

So in first 4 years of FG plays 13 games, years 10 & 11 we had shocking halves, starts to hit straps in 2012, but 2013 gets injured

2014 plays 23 games for 5 tries, not good but there was many factors to contribute to that.

Going into 2015, Leutele has now played 36 games basically this would be the year to judge him on has now got enough FG under his belt

Last edited:

webShark

Barba/Sezer for me. DCE of course is an epic half back but something about him screams inbalance.

Of course love to see him recruited but preference would be targeting Sezer or to see a young one smash it ala Brooks at the tigers, e.g. Conner Tracey, Murphy or Nu Brown.

Only a Sharks fan would prefer Sezer over DCE! For the record,Murphy is one year younger than DCE. Don't get carried away, Murphy long odds for first grade barring injuries. Don't forget Wade,Gall and Luke can all play 6.

chewsta

First Grade
Leutele also plays outside Graham, who 9 times out of ten opts to go himself even with 3 blokes on him him as he catches the ball. On the odd occasion that Graham does offload to Loots there is very little space left for he and Feki to work with.
would be nice to see Graham play a little tighter and then be a decoy giving Loots/Feki some space with Barba and Gordon looming up on the inside.

Ads

First Grade
Leutele also plays outside Graham, who 9 times out of ten opts to go himself even with 3 blokes on him him as he catches the ball. On the odd occasion that Graham does offload to Loots there is very little space left for he and Feki to work with.
would be nice to see Graham play a little tighter and then be a decoy giving Loots/Feki some space with Barba and Gordon looming up on the inside.

Still think Graham should be moved to the right. He passes better left to right. At times it looks like Phil Bailey is running the left channel for us. He needs to sort that shit out. As a former half there is no excuse.

chewsta

First Grade
Still think Graham should be moved to the right. He passes better left to right. At times it looks like Phil Bailey is running the left channel for us. He needs to sort that shit out. As a former half there is no excuse.

True that Ads. he is a lefty (left handed/footer) so that would make sense?

Plastered

Juniors
Glad someone else thinks Graham is a ball hog. He kills back line moves just as often as Gal does. Hope it changes this year whether it's Loots next to him or someone else.

Omnishark2

Juniors
It's not just that Wade is a ball hog ... he also needs to straighten up, instead of crabbing towards the sideline, taking all Loot's space away.

He should watch a few videos of Kieran Foran on the LHS.