What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not hate Robbo.

I have enormous respect, one tough fearless man.

However, he is a shyte kick, runs at snails pace and holds our attack back.

As do others, but he is a spine player and to win comps, they must be a good kick, out run a backrower, and put blokes in gaps.

Ennis helps here, I still say flash is a great three quarter.

But hate is the wrong word for Robbo, and he does not select himself.

azzah72

Bench
Well I know we don't have anyone else so he is our best choice by far.

I don't think we have a single other organising half in the club. (Not counting Murphy as he is untested)

Brown & Barba are not organisers, they are instinct and opportunist players, much like Carney was.

Remember how shit we were with Carney in HB? As soon as Robbo came back we started to look the goods.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep, sad it is.

Robbo is probably our best half and Flash our best fullback.

Gunna be another long year

azzah72

Bench
Yep, sad it is.

Robbo is probably our best half and Flash our best fullback.

Gunna be another long year

I wouldn't be negative.

Assuming we are injury free, i think we have a much better team on paper than the team that got deep into the finals 2 years ago.

I think our backline is much better, faster and enthusiastic. Our forwards are still one of the better backs in the comp and I think Barba is equal to Carney and less injury prone.

Jono has been asked to find a new club and there is no way Ayshford gets a start over our other players.

We are looking good. Assuming no injuries, easy top 6

ghoti

Bench
Other big positives for our longevity is full off-seasons for Gal, Lewie and Fifita... should be 100% by February pending the arrival of a sprint coach to f**k up everyone's hammies again. Haven't seen Lewie's best with his hobbling injuries affecting every f**kin limb...no Australian commitments might see us finally get some value out of him.

Also very confident in Leutele's development with his fourth or fifth full NRL pre-season behind him, likewise for Feki, really believe in Gagan as a right winger, and reckon Barba and Ennis being on board will bring a lot of optimism to the squad.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Yes - agree with the last few posts.

Flash is not as bad as some make out. If everybody else does their job, then he'll do fine!

Don't forget that the Cowboys have JT plus any old halfback they can throw in. If we can get Barba to fire, then Robbo is still good value. Of course, we all want to see Nu Brown improve, but we don't need to slit our wrists before the season even starts.

Bottom line, we have a really good side on paper, we just need to hope that it all comes together.

Sharks fans are like recovering alcoholics, the tunnel just sometimes seems too long!

On Robson he has played 133 FG games and of them has he really taken a team apart, he is steady not brilliant not flash but slow and steady which will hold us back.

How many times have you seen him kick ball in general play to stop in the in goal not many, last time 40/20 again you need to think back.

Brown is risk at half has plenty of upside

Murphy maybe the wild card he is a mate of Barba and has calming influence on him, how many times have you seen teams unearth a player not heard of and is major asset for club, we are due for one maybe its Murphy

chewsta

First Grade
How many times have you seen him kick ball in general play to stop in the in goal not many, last time 40/20 again you need to think back.

How many times has he failed to find touch when we are given a penalty! His kicking game would have to be the worst in the comp.

Ads

First Grade
The club cant move forward with him playing half back. This whole calming influence stuff is garbage and invented to make him seem worthwhile. Cant kick, doesn't pass well and is too slow to take advantage of opportunities outside of the inside ball game plan. An absolute hand brake on the team. His strengths are his defence and his step close to the line (though opposition teams mostly shut that down).

The sooner he is in reserve grade the better.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Let's be fair dinkum here.

Flanno loves Robson. It's a bit like when everyone was asking why Pom kept on getting picked. It's a mix of man love from the coach and the fact we have nothing better to replace him with.

I really do believe though having Barba at the club is now the perfect opportunity for Nu Brown to get the starting spot. It won't happen but it should. I also believe it will be a completely different style of footy that Nu will play compared to how he played with Robbo. The way flanno does things, it will probably take him till round 18 to realise Nu Brown should partner Barba.

Quigs

Immortal
If they handed him his notice, he'd drop it

I was going to hit the like button but I remembered we couldn't afford one in here.

So I borrowed this.

Facebook-Like-Button.jpg

azzah72

Bench
Let's be fair dinkum here.

Flanno loves Robson. It's a bit like when everyone was asking why Pom kept on getting picked. It's a mix of man love from the coach and the fact we have nothing better to replace him with.

I really do believe though having Barba at the club is now the perfect opportunity for Nu Brown to get the starting spot. It won't happen but it should. I also believe it will be a completely different style of footy that Nu will play compared to how he played with Robbo. The way flanno does things, it will probably take him till round 18 to realise Nu Brown should partner Barba.

Nopesville. All of that

Apparently we are in the hunt for skd, which is interesting

We are now linked to SKD he is on around $350k per year Roosters will wear some, should we pursue him.

If we are to sign him we need to offload Ayshord even if we carry some of his contract

cb4

First Grade
Don't know where this salary cap is coming from, but there will need to be some releases or we face having a lop sided team.
SKD would be forward planning as I have heard a few murmers but it is hard to get concrete info at the moment.

We really need a prop or two before we sign another centre, although, SKD is back in some red hot form.
But we are 1 injury away from a front row crisis. That is the very real possibility we are facing right now.
I love what Flanno/Cronulla have been able to do in the recruitment spree, but we need some pigs now.

Latest posts