What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

cool.

im for getting forwards, as ours are old and haggard.

get rid of

prior
Gibbs
Heighno
Toops

old. Slow. Overpaid. dropsies.

2015 Pack

Fifita
Ennis
Gallen. FFS hes a prop now. Prop
Lewis
Bird. Why not
Graham

Sopoaga
Arona
Tagatese
Some other gouy? Pat?

Then you have guys like

Robinson
D Fifita
Masima
blah blah blah

Last edited:

southland

Juniors
cool.

im for getting forwards, as ours are old and haggard.

get rid of

prior
Gibbs
Heighno
Toops

old. Slow. Overpaid. dropsies.

2015 Pack

Fifita
Ennis
Gallen. FFS hes a prop now. Prop
Lewis
Bird. Why not
Graham

Sopoaga
Arona
Tagatese
Some other gouy? Pat?

Then you have guys like

Robinson
D Fifita
Masima
blah blah blah

Agree with most of this but I reckon hanging onto Tupou is a good idea. The man can play!

cb4

First Grade
The only positive I see is the announcement of Jack Bird in the next few days

That is a positive, although I am not sure how much of one.
I have heard the kid can play, but really, where does he fit into our team?

We are still going into next year without any real attacking potent in our backline and with a half back who is old, slow and about as creative a blank piece of paper.
We would be better off heading into next year with a traffic cone as our half back.

We are also linked with Allgood from Parramatta, a solid signing, but it is standard Cronulla, signing forwards whilst our backline gets no upgraded maintenance.

Val Holmes, for all his ability, needs the year in NSW cup, and to fill in with injuries. He is not ready for a complete year of first grade, although his height is no issue. His weight is though, he needs some muscle on him.
Feki and Gagan looks like solid prospects, but Feki probably needs to move to the centres now.
I would be happy to do this, and sign another winger, Uate is being shopped around.

I will stand by my previous statements, the club waited way to long to find out from the NRL as to who could do our recruiting.

lolesi

First Grade
Bird is rated highly but dragons didn't think his talent was worth the many problems he has away from football.. A headache they didn't want to have.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Bird is rated highly but dragons didn't think his talent was worth the many problems he has away from football.. A headache they didn't want to have.

I think you will find it stems from 2 certain individuals on the coaching staff more than anything.

george43

Juniors
I think you will find it stems from 2 certain individuals on the coaching staff more than anything.

I can support your comments fully snoop shark. The young man in question is of impeccable character. does not drink is a true gentleman and comes from a wonderful caring family. a rare breed indeed. It may be that his strength of character may have been too much for 2 particular weak individuals to handle.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
At the end of the day the kid just wants to play first grade.

He is actually knocking back much bigger bucks(I'm not talking 30 or 40k) to sign with us. Another Sydney club offered him some good coin but couldn't guarantee he would play first grade next year.

To me this shows pure determination and absolute commitment in chasing his dream rather than the money. I think we are on a good thing here.

george43

Juniors
At the end of the day the kid just wants to play first grade.

He is actually knocking back much bigger bucks(I'm not talking 30 or 40k) to sign with us. Another Sydney club offered him some good coin but couldn't guarantee he would play first grade next year.

To me this shows pure determination and absolute commitment in chasing his dream rather than the money. I think we are on a good thing here.

I believe you have a good grasp of the situation.especially in relation to your last sentence.

Since 73

First Grade
Lurker rumours today

Price to be coach next year if Phlegm gets done by WADA
We are chasing A Reynolds
Takarangi not coming as we couldn't meet his asking price
Is Reynolds on one leg better than what we now have?

..probably.

Fhark there is 9 billion people in the world.

There are only 16 spots available in the 7 in the NRL...surley thetre is some kid out there better than what we have - playing in some comp with some balls and flair to grab the opportunity.

Manly found DCE on the sunshine coast. He's almost the national halfback.

Do we just look guys who other clubs punt.

Weaponhead

Coach
That is a positive, although I am not sure how much of one.
I have heard the kid can play, but really, where does he fit into our team?

We are still going into next year without any real attacking potent in our backline and with a half back who is old, slow and about as creative a blank piece of paper.
We would be better off heading into next year with a traffic cone as our half back.

We are also linked with Allgood from Parramatta, a solid signing, but it is standard Cronulla, signing forwards whilst our backline gets no upgraded maintenance.

Val Holmes, for all his ability, needs the year in NSW cup, and to fill in with injuries. He is not ready for a complete year of first grade, although his height is no issue. His weight is though, he needs some muscle on him.
Feki and Gagan looks like solid prospects, but Feki probably needs to move to the centres now.
I would be happy to do this, and sign another winger, Uate is being shopped around.

I will stand by my previous statements, the club waited way to long to find out from the NRL as to who could do our recruiting.

If we had Moga and Koroibete in our back line it would be vastly improved.

A new half is a must. I admire Robson's courage but his skill set offers so little in attack that we won't go anywhere. Unfortunately, good halves are rare and there are few options available.