What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

webShark

If there is a move you would have to give thanks to the good people you have working for the club at managerial level

George do you work for ASIO or something? Bird is not the League equivalent of Le Bron James. What's with the cloak and dagger stuff? Clearly you have an interest in promoting Bird. Not doing a bad job.

george43

Juniors
George do you work for ASIO or something? Bird is not the League equivalent of Le Bron James. What's with the cloak and dagger stuff? Clearly you have an interest in promoting Bird. Not doing a bad job.

If there is to be a signing it is not for me to make the announcement. Don't be so sure of your'e comparison. Jack Bird would prove to be the most significant signing the club has made in years should it come about of this i am certain.

bluefox1968

Juniors
If there is to be a signing it is not for me to make the announcement. Don't be so sure of your'e comparison. Jack Bird would prove to be the most significant signing the club has made in years should it come about of this i am certain.

, signed,
George Bird (aka 'Dad').

Quigs

Immortal
Richard played a few games for the Stains in the centres didn't he.

I believe that is where he mastered that little hop after he catches the ball and starts his run with the ball held in front of him.

I was told by a reliable source that the little hop was meant to be a sidestep but somewhere between the message from Richards brain getting to his lower limbs the message actually got corrupted causing the hop instead of the ballanced swerve.

Pommez

Juniors
Surely gagan and holmes have to be in the round 1 nrl line up ?? Mitch brown is no slouch but them two will be twice the player Mitch brown is

jason taylor

Bench
So according to the main NRL rumours thread Gerard Beale and Dylan Farrell are link to you guys. Beale would be a decent buy, Farrell for cheap depth I guess. If those two are signed, it probably points towards one of Gagan and Holmes starting the year at Newtown.

Weaponhead

Coach
Bird has scored 2 tries in 20s semi. Looks a handy player. We will probably sign Dan Hunt so they can extend Bird.

george43

Juniors
For a club who always bitches how forward heavy we are check out our squad for next year...

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. M.Brown
4. Feki
5. Gagan
6. F.Brown
7. Robson
8. Fifita
9. Ennis
10. Tagataese
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen
14. Arona
15. Heighington
16. Tupou
17. Prior - FFS

18. Ayshford
19. Leutele
20. Politoni
21. Gardner?
22. D.Fifita
23. ?
24. ?
25. ?

With Ryan, Carney, Morris and Lichaa leaving our squad it is clear we have cash. Added to that we have Vave, J.Wright, Gibbs, Holdsworth, Robinson, Roqica off contract or either retiring/not up to NRL quality to be moved on.

We need to re-sign Sopoaga imo. With so many guys off contract our squad depth for next year is brutal with the lack of purchases. Jack Bird, Blake Austin if available is a start as they can fill a few holes but we need more depth in prop. Plus both can help us if we get backrow injuries again like this year given Lewis, Tupou, Gallen, Heighno are all 30 +

We have zero prop depth when Fifita/Taga go off the field. Prior is still here next year but is f**king horrible. D.Fifita wouldn't be signed if his last name wasn't Fifita.

We need someone to put pressure of Jeff Robson. He will be 33 next year and there is zero planning for the future now Carney is gone. Robbo works hard but he doesn't suit the backline we are trying to build around Holmes, Gagan, Feki.

Leutele has played 35 NRL games now. He is becoming the new John Sutton of "potential".

Flanno is back in 10 days, I hope he has been doing his homework as we have MANY spots in our squad to fill. We have cap space but who is f**ken left? I hope he has a plan.
Flanno has everything under control, its all good