What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

cb4

First Grade
Forget any decent half for 2015. And forget it quick.
The only real chance at a semi decent half is if the BUlldogs go all out and land Szer, then we could probably get Josh Reynolds. He adores Ennis.
But I don't want him. He is a dead set brain explosion away from a 6 week stint on the sidelines.

cb4

First Grade
Who says they let him go? He got a huge offer and left, he now wants to return back to Sydney.
The Dogs will try their best to get him and then you have to ask who is expendible, Reynolds or Hodkinson?

Special K

Coach
Can't see them letting either one go. They didn't match his offer because they had those guys ahead of him.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I don't know the inside workings, but I'd have thought we'd be more chance of getting Sezer than the bulldogs letting Reynolds go for him.
On Reynolds, I love his passion and win at all costs fighting spirit, but as cb4 said, he's a brain explosion waiting to happen, and probably the most hated grub in the game. No thanks.

Reynolds would be massive improvement on who we have, if we dont get him then in the trial lets see how Bird/Brown go in the halves

cb4

First Grade
Reynolds would be massive improvement on who we have, if we dont get him then in the trial lets see how Bird/Brown go in the halves

Why Bird? The guy has been in the centres the last 4 weeks and you want him as 5/8 in the trials?

This guys. Honestly. :crazy:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Let's remember sezer is a former Bulldogs 20's player but the fact the dogs are interested sure is bizzare.

The only possible thought I have is maybe they jumped the gun with Lichaa and he isn't as good YET as des first thought which equates to Reynolds possibly filling in the hooker role. That's if the dogs want to keep all 3.

Maybe you're on the money Snoop. Lichaa, from the games I watched I thought he was slow and that Politoni was better in the 9. Just an observation but Politoni seems to to giver faster and more accurate service plus he looks to be fairly quick when he gets into open space. Personally I don't think we'll miss Lichaa, but then again what do I know. I'm like Quigs, a busted old prop.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Haven't made contact with him yet.

The only good thing about your comment mate is the word "yet".

I understand your comments made earlier in regards to not being very active in the market due to flanno's ban, but to not make contact with this kid is mind boggling. Does the club expect the hole left by Carney will just be that for 2015? I'm not having a go at Nu Brown here but seriously Robbo is not the way forward

Why Bird? The guy has been in the centres the last 4 weeks and you want him as 5/8 in the trials?

This guys. Honestly. :crazy:

Why not we have centres and wingers who look good, no harm in trying Bird at 5/8 and Brown half, Robson is past it, we need to think outside the box, if dosent work no harm it was a trial

amcoglory

Juniors
Licha is 10 x the player politoni is,,
don't for get it.

I still think they did the right thing and not pay overs for him because he will need a few seasons to get to the top and the bulldogs are realizing.
the dogs showed last night how much they will miss Enis and will help us.

we really stink ant the moment and the club has done the best thing possible by trying to get the best young talent that they can get there hands on. our only option is to continue with players like Miller or some of the best half's in the under 20s

Madsharkie

First Grade
...The only possible thought I have is maybe they jumped the gun with Lichaa and he isn't as good YET as des first thought which equates to Reynolds possibly filling in the hooker role. That's if the dogs want to keep all 3.

Nailed it I reckon Snoop.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Why not we have centres and wingers who look good, no harm in trying Bird at 5/8 and Brown half, Robson is past it, we need to think outside the box, if dosent work no harm it was a trial

Why not? Has the young bloke even played a minute of NRL yet? Playing 5/8 would be a lot tougher and a lot more pressure than centre or wing, especially at NRL level. I'm not a Robbo fan, yet I would rather keep him in the halves than thrust an unproven kid (who normally plays centre?) in there, just to try something 'outside the box'.