What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

txta2

First Grade
Call me a f**king idiot, but there is no reason that squad is not top 4. Injury free and they should be back on top.

txta2

First Grade
Ennis can kick. Something Sharks haven't had from dummy half in years. And has a tough pack to chew up metres. It got the Bulldogs to the GF.
Ennis could be the signing of the year.

Last edited:

Weaponhead

Coach
Sorry Txta but half of the spine is bottom 4 standard. That kills any chance of progression to the top 4. I have no doubt we will improve and should move towards the 8 but we are nowhere near the strong sides right now.

1. Halves don't create enough line break opportunities
2. Kicking game is not good enough
3. Too many old forwards who don't stay on the field
4. Unproven outside backs
5. No coach

We are excited about Gagan, Brown, Holmes, Feki etc but the reality is that right now they are a dime a dozen in the NRL. Every team has their up and comers who they hope will become elite players. Holmes looks the goods but so did Gards and Stapo. Most here will use 20/20 hindsight and say they never rated either but both got the hype from the Sharkies faithful in their early NRL careers. This is not to say the current crop won't be better than them, it just to show that hope distorts our view.

I think we can become a good side but it will take 3-4 years and will rely on us producing a handful of elite players in key positions and then having the money to recruit quality.

Card Shark

Immortal
Jack bird in my opinion is a fullback. Whether he plays there in the centres or 5/8 is up to the coach. he has played second row but he is a back. he will go alright whetever they position him

There is an interview with Jack Bird from the junior 'Roos camp. He considers himself a centre, it is his favourite position & he doesn't consider himself a backrower.

Lets just hope he is capable of playing quality there, not just his ego wanting too.

george43

Juniors
There is an interview with Jack Bird from the junior 'Roos camp. He considers himself a centre, it is his favourite position & he doesn't consider himself a backrower.

Lets just hope he is capable of playing quality there, not just his ego wanting too.

Has nothing to do with ego.

Card Shark

Immortal
He might be able to handle the transition to centres in the 20s but first grade is another kettle of fish.

Special K

Coach
As I said before he isn't big enough to be a backrower at the NRL level which I think he gets. He is 11kg smaller than Heighno who is small.

Card Shark

Immortal
As I said before he isn't big enough to be a backrower at the NRL level which I think he gets. He is 11kg smaller than Heighno who is small.

Yet he looks quite well built .

I'm sure he will fill out a bit more in the offseason with our superior training techniques.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Ennis can kick. Something Sharks haven't had from dummy half in years. And has a tough pack to chew up metres. It got the Bulldogs to the GF.
Ennis could be the signing of the year.

That's all well and good but what happens when the team has 2 halves that can't kick?

Just shift one of them into dummy half on the last?

txta2

First Grade
Robbo has his moments. But yeah someone like Carney who can kick the shit out of it is missing.
Would like to see Gordon in 5/8 at some stage.

Latest posts