What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we give League tests the special feel that Union ones have?

Calixte

First Grade
The answer to the thread is pretty simple really:

1. The atmosphere at RL Tests is as good as union Tests (for the example proffered, watch the 1992 RL WC Final from London).

2. Any recent deterioration (which is not admitted) in the atmosphere at RL Tests can simply be rectified by international rugby league being treated with the respect it deserves as a 100 year+ footballing tradition and promoted as such.

3. The RLWC 2008 will, in my view, be one of the very first examples of the better treatment needed referred to in 2 above since the Super League War. About time.

gho

Juniors
How about you give the team playing against australia a 12 point advantage, the other team might actually win.

Or if you want to follow Unions direction, destroy your national league so that the only thing worth watching are interationals.

well since people seem to be saying we should make our test matches like RU to be successful, then this is what we should do :

1. get loads of midde aged, upper class people to attend our games. knowledge of the game is not important, but possession of a stock portfolio and being a subscriber to time magazine helps.

2. lack of tries is essential. there have been something like 6 tries scored in every RU World Cup final ever player. SA have won twice with zero tries. so clearly the large number of tries scored is a major problem.

3. A big feature of RU tests these days is the number of RL players in them, so in that regard we are doing well as we are the only sport in the world with more RL players in it than RU.

Teddyboy

First Grade
well since people seem to be saying we should make our test matches like RU to be successful, then this is what we should do :

1. get loads of midde aged, upper class people to attend our games. knowledge of the game is not important, but possession of a stock portfolio and being a subscriber to time magazine helps.

2. lack of tries is essential. there have been something like 6 tries scored in every RU World Cup final ever player. SA have won twice with zero tries. so clearly the large number of tries scored is a major problem.

3. A big feature of RU tests these days is the number of RL players in them, so in that regard we are doing well as we are the only sport in the world with more RL players in it than RU.

Very funny yet so true.

brendothejet

First Grade
No I haven't. I have been watching "international" rugby league for about 25-30 years on TV. Why? I can't help it. Sorry, but it is the crap.

Yes. You do get some of the atmosphere through the TV

I've seen far too many floggings to take it seriously.

The rugby league world cup is going to be a progression of floggings that will embarrass the game and provide cheap laughs to union followers.

This thread should have been locked after this drivel was spoken.

Commenting on league internationals without having been to one in 25 yesars??? lol

Some of my favourite matches have been League internationals. I've travelled from Sydney to London, Macnchester, Melbourne and its been fascinating to see people from diffferent areas coming together to support their country.

If you want to knock something at least learn about what you are knocking.

Vimpy

Juniors
The answer to the thread is pretty simple really:

And the answer is you were found wanting on every score.

Your alleged indifference to having been made to look a complete idiot would possibly have had some gravitas if you hadn't then gone on to desperately defend yourself.

I stand by what I said. Your passion for the sport is obvious, but your rudeness, your arrogance and your myopic outlook does league no favours at all. You are exactly the sort of fan that league doesn't want or need.

Calixte

First Grade

Your alleged indifference to having been made to look a complete idiot would possibly have had some gravitas if you hadn't then gone on to desperately defend yourself.

I stand by what I said. Your passion for the sport is obvious, but your rudeness, your arrogance and your myopic outlook does league no favours at all. You are exactly the sort of fan that league doesn't want or need.

I actually went back and dealt with your dribble when I had 5 minutes.

You are a little off the pace... :lol:

Back to the drawing board, Vampy. Nice collection of anti-RL posts you are collating there. I guess the reason you have joined the host of trolls hovering around my posts is because of the constant hosing out in TFC.

Don't expect it to stop, troll. :lol:

Would you like another lesson on French rugby league while we are at it? Dildo...

you reckon.

people who know and love international RL are exactly what the game needs.

ill bet he knows more about international RL than yourself, but that wont stop you from expressing a negative opinion about international RL.

Vimpy

Juniors
you reckon.

people who know and love international RL are exactly what the game needs.

I don't dispute that. But I think you'd agree with me that international RL does not need rude, arrogant, myopic blowhards who are so insecure that they feel the need to shout "owned" every time they think they have scored on a message board, -- or PM someone in cowardly disgrace when they know they've just let one in.

sorry im a fan of calixtes posts.

ive seen his commitment to international RL and hes exactly what RL needs.

people who stick up for it when people are putting s**t on it.

i mean look at all the new posters on here gloating since SBW has left the nrl.

when union was doing badly, all these unions fans werent on here.

so i really respect the RL fans who are there through thick and thin

Vimpy

Juniors
sorry im a fan of calixtes posts.

ive seen his commitment to international RL and hes exactly what RL needs.

people who stick up for it when people are putting s**t on it.

i mean look at all the new posters on here gloating since SBW has left the nrl.

when union was doing badly, all these unions fans werent on here.

so i really respect the RL fans who are there through thick and thin

Robust defence. It takes loyalty to stand by someone even when you know they're wrong.

International Tests are dead in Rugby League, and nothing is bringing them back.

The World Cup will be a total flop and rightly so. RL has Origin and nothing else.

Robust defence. It takes loyalty to stand by someone even when you know they're wrong.

more like i support someone i know loves international RL and knows a hell of a lot about it than some new posters whose only made a handfull of posts and could well be an AFL or union troll.

maybe you are a RL fan, but ill go with the guy that backs RL all the time atm.