What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we give League tests the special feel that Union ones have?

Calixte

First Grade
The summary? That piece of self-indulgent crap where you stated opinions as fact? Why the hell would I reply to that?

So you admit international union is alot more competitive than international league? Cheers, wasn't that hard now was it.

What it did was outline how you and your fellow trolls were owned in the first few pages of the thread...

Keep denying it. Even one of you - Victory FC - conceded defeat. :lol:

Johns Magic

Referee
Fine. Pull the summary apart then. You'll find it is pretty accurate.

Denial is amazing... :lol:

I've never seen a diehard leaguey so ganged up on on a league forum in my life.

No one even tried to jump in and help you.

I think there's your answer.

Calixte

First Grade
I've never seen a diehard leaguey so ganged up on on a league forum in my life.

No one even tried to jump in and help you.

I think there's your answer.

I don't require help. Although some did lend assistance. You obviously missed those.

I attract trolls like sh*t to a blanket as your mate STC said.

The fact none of you did any good is a bit of a laugh. You try fending off half a dozen trolls simultaneously....

:lol:

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
The primary problem with Tests is that Rugby league is not a national or international game.

An international game with atmosphere requires opposition not another boring flogging.

I could have sworn the game was played overseas, and wasn't it invent in a place called Huddersfield? Hmmm. Maybe I'm wrong and STC is correct? :lol:

Butters

Bench
Wrong, 5 Game winning streak.

2006 Results
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Nov 4th Great Britain 23 - Australia 12 (TN)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Nov 18th Australia 33 - Great Britain 10 (TN)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Nov 25th Australia 16 - New Zealand 12 (TNF)[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2007 Results[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Apr 20th Australia 30 - New Zealand 6[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Oct 14th Australia 58 - New Zealand 0[/SIZE][/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]2008 Results[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]May 9th Australia 28 - New Zealand 12[/SIZE][/FONT]
What about the All Blacks prior to the World Cup? How long was there winning streak?

Not very long considering they lost to Australia in Melbourne during the Tri-Nations.

Vimpy

Juniors
Fine. Pull the summary apart then. You'll find it is pretty accurate.

Denial is amazing... :lol:

It would appear ignorance is bliss in your case.

1. Danger Mouse stated union had better atmosphere at Tests than rugby league. Save the Children agreed. (Good start)

2. Save the Children and Danger Mouse were then joined by Victory FC, Butters, Maple 69 and Johns Magic in those sentiments.(And others since)

3. It was revealed STC had not been to a League test for 20+ years. (How many union tests have you been to in the last 20 years?)

4. It was then pointed out to all of the above that (a) overall since 1908, international RL > international RU in Australia (Pointed out? You pointed out nothing there. You stated an opinion -- an opinion that the majority of people who have stated their opinion on this thread disagree with. League in Australia may well outsell and outwatch Union, but this thread is about the difference in atmosphere at internationals. League simply can't compete at that level with the passion and atmosphere generated at union internationals. The six nations is effectively a sell out every year. That is a lot of internationals. Some of them may not be classic matches, but almost all (the Italians are still a work in progress) generate enormous passion and the atmosphere at those matches is always good. Union Tri-nations matches are the same. This season's comp is really exciting. The matches have been full of drama and the atmosphere at the stadiums has been fantastic. The Bledisloe is a great comp, and the fact that Australia and New Zealand can sell out a huge stadium in Honkong for one of those matches shows international union in a robustly healthy light. No League international could ever do the same.) and (b) the atmosphere at the 1992 RLWC Final matched any union Test anywhere. Also thanks roughyed. (that would be an opinion, to which you are entitled, but you are referring to one specific match and that was a long time ago.)

5. Accordingly, all above were "owned". (What are you, a child? I would be truly embarrassed to write something like that...even anonymously on the Internet!)

6. The thread then shifted to RLWCs v RUWCs. Wonder why? (This is a thread about the atmosphere at internationals. The world cups of both codes are all about internationals. The atmosphere throughout the RUWC was fantastic. The French did a tremendous job organising the tournament. Virtually every game was a near sell-out. The whole tournament had a tremendous atmosphere. If the RLWC can generate even a quarter of that atmosphere and passion, it will have done well.)

7. After I was attacked by STC, Butters, Johns Magic, Victory FC, Yngwie 70, Victory FC conceded (at post #60) that there were 3 contenders for the RLWC 2008. No one else from this side was big enough to agree with him. (Someone agrees with your OPINION. Well done! But you can see from the list you handily provided that many more disagree. That doesn't make you right. In fact, it puts you in the minority.)

8. All in 7 are "owned" by the STATS which show the RLWC is a worthwhile event. RU - 4 winners, 5 finalists; RL - 2 winners, 4 finalists.(Those STATS are completely meaningless and show nothing apart from providing a platform for an opinion completely unrelated to the matter at hand. Why don't you try to stay on topic instead of blustering like a harpooned whale.)

Good night and God Bless...(Let mummy tuck you in!)

Many people here care as passionately about league as you do. The fact that they may have an opinion contrary to your myopic views shouldn't provoke you into a childish point-scoring onanism frenzy. Despite your obvious passion for the game, your attitude does little to promote it. You're a pretty crap fan, to be honest. But as you said at the top of this post: "Denial is amazing."

Last edited:

Calixte

First Grade

1. Danger Mouse stated union had better atmosphere at Tests than rugby league. Save the Children agreed. (Good start)

2. Save the Children and Danger Mouse were then joined by Victory FC, Butters, Maple 69 and Johns Magic in those sentiments.(And others since)

3. It was revealed STC had not been to a League test for 20+ years. (How many union tests have you been to in the last 20 years?)

4. It was then pointed out to all of the above that (a) overall since 1908, international RL > international RU in Australia (Pointed out? You pointed out nothing there. You stated an opinion -- an opinion that the majority of people who have stated their opinion on this thread disagree with. League in Australia may well outsell and outwatch Union, but this thread is about the difference in atmosphere at internationals. League simply can't compete at that level with the passion and atmosphere generated at union internationals. The six nations is effectively a sell out every year. That is a lot of internationals. Some of them may not be classic matches, but almost all (the Italians are still a work in progress) generate enormous passion and the atmosphere at those matches is always good. Union Tri-nations matches are the same. This season's comp is really exciting. The matches have been full of drama and the atmosphere at the stadiums has been fantastic. The Bledisloe is a great comp, and the fact that Australia and New Zealand can sell out a huge stadium in Honkong for one of those matches shows international union in a robustly healthy light. No League international could ever do the same.) and (b) the atmosphere at the 1992 RLWC Final matched any union Test anywhere. Also thanks roughyed. (that would be an opinion, to which you are entitled, but you are referring to one specific match and that was a long time ago.)

5. Accordingly, all above were "owned". (What are you, a child? I would be truly embarrassed to write something like that...even anonymously on the Internet!)

6. The thread then shifted to RLWCs v RUWCs. Wonder why? (This is a thread about the atmosphere at internationals. The world cups of both codes are all about internationals. The atmosphere throughout the RUWC was fantastic. The French did a tremendous job organising the tournament. Virtually every game was a near sell-out. The whole tournament had a tremendous atmosphere. If the RLWC can generate even a quarter of that atmosphere and passion, it will have done well.)

7. After I was attacked by STC, Butters, Johns Magic, Victory FC, Yngwie 70, Victory FC conceded (at post #60) that there were 3 contenders for the RLWC 2008. No one else from this side was big enough to agree with him. (Someone agrees with your OPINION. Well done! But you can see from the list you handily provided that many more disagree. That doesn't make you right. In fact, it puts you in the minority.)

8. All in 7 are "owned" by the STATS which show the RLWC is a worthwhile event. RU - 4 winners, 5 finalists; RL - 2 winners, 4 finalists.(Those STATS are completely meaningless and show nothing apart from providing a platform for an opinion completely unrelated to the matter at hand. Why don't you try to stay on topic instead of blustering like a harpooned whale.)

Many people here care as passionately about league as you do. The fact that they may have an opinion contrary to your myopic views shouldn't provoke you into a childish point-scoring onanism frenzy. Despite your obvious passion for the game, your attitude does little to promote it. You're a pretty crap fan, to be honest. But as you said at the top of this post: "Denial is amazing."

Thanks troll. Mostly wrong but good to see you have been thinking about it for days. :lol:

I don't think I'll bother...

Vimpy = outed as a union tool here (like we didn't know before)

:lol::lol::lol:

Vimpy

Juniors
Thanks troll. Mostly wrong but good to see you have been thinking about it for days. :lol:

I don't think I'll bother...

Vimpy = outed as a union tool here (like we didn't know before)

And like all blow hards, you have absolutely nothing to say when put in your place apart from "I don't think I'll bother". In other words, "Oh f**k me I've just been exposed as a fraud and I have absolutely no comeback".

BTW, there is no need to keep your modest achievements to yourself, so please don't send me personal messages. I'm sure everyone would like to read what you have to say about yourself, which in this case was:

Don't pretend you know me, loser.

You have been on here for 5 minutes.

I have a track record as a seasoned RL historian and have buried union wannabees like you for years.

Regards,
Calixte

Denial is indeed amazing!

Perth Red

Post Whore
you want atmosphere????
part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc3eeacjKHk&feature=related
part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ41hLlbjwY&feature=related

union would kill for an atmosphere like that...listen to it, it's awesome :shock:

I was at that game, it was an amazing atmosphere as was the Melbourne Lions game. It is the English that make the atmosphere as Australians generally don't make much noise, sing or even cheer and boo that much. When it comes to passion us Aussies can't hold a candle to the Europeans i'm afraid!

Thomas

First Grade
BTW, there is no need to keep your modest achievements to yourself, so please don't send me personal messages. I'm sure everyone would like to read what you have to say about yourself,

Oh my lordy.

He's sent you PM's as well?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Don't worry. You certainly know you've annoyed him if he takes the time out to send you a PM. He once accused me of hacking into his work computer. He was quite adamant that this was the case.

Don't pretend you know me, loser.

You have been on here for 5 minutes.

I have a track record as a seasoned RL historian and have buried union wannabees like you for years.

Regards,
Calixte

You know what they say about people who go on about how f**king good they are, don't you Calixte.

What's your favourite little phrase: "Got nothing".

Yes, suits you perfectly.

:lol:

Calixte

First Grade
Alfie right on time I see...

You and Vimpy will get on well. :lol:

He too is running at 0 for pro-rugby league posts. The only difference is he has posted less than 100 times and you are up to nearly 6000.

Continue your stalking at leisure.

Why do the trolls love me so? :lol:

Calixte

First Grade
And like all blow hards, you have absolutely nothing to say when put in your place apart from "I don't think I'll bother". In other words, "Oh f**k me I've just been exposed as a fraud and I have absolutely no comeback".

BTW, there is no need to keep your modest achievements to yourself, so please don't send me personal messages. I'm sure everyone would like to read what you have to say about yourself, which in this case was:

Denial is indeed amazing!

Your post was crap. And was conducted days after the discussion ended. That was why I didn't bother. :lol:

The thread speaks for itself.

I'll let my record on RL stand.

You on the other hand are a union troll that contributes nothing. When that changes, let me know.

This thread could almost be used as a sticky it has uncovered so many union trolls... :lol::lol::lol:

Thomas

First Grade
Why do the trolls love me so? :lol:

That's funny, but isn't it usually trolls who send PM's to posters?

How about tomorrow when you log in you try really hard not to press the "send private message" link.

You're quite the sad man.

But go on...tell everyone how good you are! :lol:

Calixte

First Grade
That's funny, but isn't it usually trolls who send PM's to posters?

How about tomorrow when you log in you try really hard not to press the "send private message" link.

You're quite the sad man.

But go on...tell everyone how good you are! :lol:

I send tons of PMs here. Care factor, troll.

The last PM I sent you was to say I hope your ill child feels better. f**kwit.

I don't have to tell anyone how good my RL knowledge is. I save that for you and TFC (and the occasional PM to a troll like Te Kaha or Vampy). :lol:

Calixte

First Grade

1. I'll ignore your dribble about who did and didn't agree with me (I only included the ones who didn't), particularly the ones who posted after I did the summary originally. Crystal ball gazing wasn't my strong suit that day...

2. Yes. International rugby league has dominated international rugby union in Australia since 1908. That cannot be argued. Refer post #21 for the reasons why.

3. The atmosphere at RL Test matches, major ones which have been properly promoted, is as good, if not better, than any other RL atmospheres (including Origin and club football). I know this as someone who has been to all three types in Australia (and club and international outside Australia). So, unless people are suggesting the atmosphere at State of Origin is worse than union Tests, the conclusion that the atmosphere at union Tests is better than at rugby league Tests is also wrong. The "issue" with RL Tests is to do with their promotion and that is about it.

4. The atmosphere at the 1992 WC Final was one example only.

5. The reference to "ownership" (note the quotes) was a direct response to one of your fellow trolls (Johns Magic). Blame him.

6. The stats re- the WCs in union and rugby league are highly relevant and were in response to someone else changing the thread direction. I agree they have little to do with the atmosphere issue but blame those who changed the thread direction.

Finally, a note to those who haven't been here for long. My priority in posting will always be the health of and what is best for RL, nothing else.

Trolls can expect to be attacked when they come here with false pretences. Don't expect anything else...

Patorick

Staff member
Forward this thread to a rugby mate of mine.

His response:

Rugby league tests are not competitive considering that any time any team beats the kangaroos it is labelled a massive upset. now considering that there are nine teams who we beat on just over or under 50% the time that means that the majority of tests are competitive. Next, scotland and Argentina, even though we usually beat them are not usually blow out matches. Also you should understand that the Maori side is not made up of other side but is a seperate NZ indiginous side and, with it's fifty percent record, a competitive one. Things are only going to improve for Rugby as well,

First of all you should look at this list: http://www.irb.com/rankings/full.html

Secondly you should understand that the 2015 world cup is most likely going to be in Japan and with a new IRB expansion plan we will soon see massive funding for smaller nations.

Also you should consider the lowest ranked international team in international Rugby Union Finland:

Finland by the Numbers
Number Of Clubs:

Number Of Registered Players:

Number of Referees:

Pre-teen Male Players:

Pre-teen Female Player:

Teen Male Player:

Teen Female Player:

Senior Male Player:

Senior Female Player:

Total Male Player:

Total Female Player:

http://www.irb.com/unions/union=11000053/index.html

By the way earlier this year: 24 MAY 2008 Finland 11 - 10 Luxembourg !

I think you should have a look at current international Rugby League rankings Tonga is the 4th best team! N.Z is the only team that has a chance of beating Australia and after the most recent "test match" that looks increasingly unlikely, to say nothing of loosing SBW to Toulon.

International Rugby is dead and with Great Britain being broken up into the Scotland, Wales, England and Ireland they will no longer be competitive.

I would also ask you to consider the fact that where most of the "international" sides simply get less talented Australians for instance: http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31073

or consider the following headline: 11 AUSTRALIAN FIJIANS ANNOUNCED IN PRELIMINARY WORLD CUP SQUADS
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31067

Rugby League will survive but it won't be because of the international version of the game. It will survive because of state of origin and because of the bogan proclivity for procreation. The real question is on what scale will rugby league survive? Considering that Phil Gould is fast becoming the face of Rugby league, i would suggest that rugby league will soon become the TAFE of football codes, the place you people go when they can't get in anywhere else.

Crazy.

Calixte

First Grade
Forward this thread to a rugby mate of mine.

His response:

Rugby league tests are not competitive considering that any time any team beats the kangaroos it is labelled a massive upset. now considering that there are nine teams who we beat on just over or under 50% the time that means that the majority of tests are competitive. Next, scotland and Argentina, even though we usually beat them are not usually blow out matches. Also you should understand that the Maori side is not made up of other side but is a seperate NZ indiginous side and, with it's fifty percent record, a competitive one. Things are only going to improve for Rugby as well,

First of all you should look at this list: http://www.irb.com/rankings/full.html

Secondly you should understand that the 2015 world cup is most likely going to be in Japan and with a new IRB expansion plan we will soon see massive funding for smaller nations.

Also you should consider the lowest ranked international team in international Rugby Union Finland:

Finland by the Numbers
Number Of Clubs:

Number Of Registered Players:

Number of Referees:

Pre-teen Male Players:

Pre-teen Female Player:

Teen Male Player:

Teen Female Player:

Senior Male Player:

Senior Female Player:

Total Male Player:

Total Female Player:

http://www.irb.com/unions/union=11000053/index.html

By the way earlier this year: 24 MAY 2008 Finland 11 - 10 Luxembourg !

I think you should have a look at current international Rugby League rankings Tonga is the 4th best team! N.Z is the only team that has a chance of beating Australia and after the most recent "test match" that looks increasingly unlikely, to say nothing of loosing SBW to Toulon.

International Rugby is dead and with Great Britain being broken up into the Scotland, Wales, England and Ireland they will no longer be competitive.

I would also ask you to consider the fact that where most of the "international" sides simply get less talented Australians for instance: http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31073

or consider the following headline: 11 AUSTRALIAN FIJIANS ANNOUNCED IN PRELIMINARY WORLD CUP SQUADS
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31067

Rugby League will survive but it won't be because of the international version of the game. It will survive because of state of origin and because of the bogan proclivity for procreation. The real question is on what scale will rugby league survive? Considering that Phil Gould is fast becoming the face of Rugby league, i would suggest that rugby league will soon become the TAFE of football codes, the place you people go when they can't get in anywhere else.

Crazy.

What do I have to deal with the incoherent arguments of non-LU union trolls as well?

Would you like me to quit my job?