What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

Matt23

Staff member
Wheelsy said:
According to Fat Quaddie in today's Sunday Telegraph, it was much worse than Darren Williams king hit on that Penrith player, but you expect that in league.
...and thats the kind of rubbish you expect from quaddie, cant wait to read Wilson's opinion on it either :roll:

juanfarkall

Coach
Matt23 said:
...and thats the kind of rubbish you expect from quaddie, cant wait to read Wilson's opinion on it either :roll:

Chewbecca was part of the Yawnion test promo/preview so she will no doubt be sticking the boot in extra hard as part of the Channel 7 agenda.

ocko

juniors
lol...i did the stats for this game and me and my partner who i was working on it with were literally crying with laughter when it happened, he f**kin' belted him.

lowe allged that delaney squeezed his nuts, you can clearly hear it if you listen closely enough

Tom Shines

First Grade
juanfarkall said:
Chewbecca was part of the Yawnion test promo/preview so she will no doubt be sticking the boot in extra hard as part of the Channel 7 agenda.
:roll:
Wilson, Fat Quaddie, Mascord, Chesterton, Akerman, McIlveen.
And I wonder why I read the Herald. Sure you get a bit of Onion because of FitzSimons, but it is so much better.

Titanic

First Grade
10-15 weeks and the possibility of an assault charge. "What stays on the field" doesn't stay on the field when you have this type of fall-out. Hardly the sharpest knife in the kitchen.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Once again, i challenge everyone who reckons it was a king hit worthy of 10 odd weeks on the sideline to tell me the difference between what Jaiman Lowe did to what Casey Mcguire did to Hodges back in 2002. Im sure you all remember as it was so funny to all concerned.

Absolutely no difference whatsoever. McGuire got nothing...well actually he pretty much got congratulated for hitting a bloke who did far less than squeeze his testicles and was actually less prepared for the punch, too. And here we want to crucify a bloke for doing nothing different to what McGuire did and doing far less than what Tallis did...

Its just bizarre.

simon says

First Grade
I didnt see anything at all......I agree with everything OVP and Thierry have said.

No matter if there was ball tweaking or not......they squared up,Lowe got the first and last blow in.

LIke Fielden......I reckon if he hadnt been hit so fast that he was lifting his hands up to do the same.

Sometimes knock outs occur......If he had swung wildly and not hurt evryone would be cheering.

IMO......Lowe shouldnt get a week.......fair fight...winner and loser,game on.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mason v Fielden
McGuire v Hodges

This was EXACTLY the same. I'm absolutely at a loss to see how you can distinguish this as worse.

innsaneink

Referee
Bazal said:
Yes...I'm backpedalling at a million miles an hour, whilst skillfully saying exactly what I've been saying the whole time. I didn't realise I was so masterful :roll:. I was also unaware that if you tackle someone around the upper thigh region you deserve to be split open with a right hook...
:lol: LMFAO....''tackle around upper thigh region''....thats a good one.

Your mates a grub, deserved everything he got for playing with anothers jatz crackers.

Hang on....maybe its jealousy....maybe thats why youre so upset. I can assure, it wasnt an act of affection if thats why your irritated.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jason Taylor and Delaney go way back, in fact JT basically taught Froggy to goal kick and coached him in the lower grades and in firstgrade last year but after seeing JT's press conference I can safely say that there weren't catch ups for quiet drinks after the game..:lol:

ToiletDuck

Juniors
I agree, what a lot of sh*t. Who pulled out the term "king hit"? It was nothing of the sort, the guy had every opportunity to defend himself. And if he did grab Lowe's nuts, he deserved it.

It was no worse than when Joey got decked in origin a few years ago. The reason people are reacting so strongly is because it was 1 on 1 and not part of an all-in brawl. But really, does that make any difference?

Moffo

Referee
simon says said:
I didnt see anything at all......I agree with everything OVP and Thierry have said.

No matter if there was ball tweaking or not......they squared up,Lowe got the first and last blow in.

LIke Fielden......I reckon if he hadnt been hit so fast that he was lifting his hands up to do the same.

Sometimes knock outs occur......If he had swung wildly and not hurt evryone would be cheering.

IMO......Lowe shouldnt get a week.......fair fight...winner and loser,game on.

After watching it seriously for the first time this morning, i gotta agree. Everyone on this thread has their knickers in a tanty because he fell down. Big sh*t, thats the intention of every punch that is thrown on the footy field

Moffo

Referee
Moffo said:
After watching it seriously for the first time this morning, i gotta agree. Everyone on this thread has their knickers in a tanty because he fell down. Big sh*t, thats the intention of every punch that is thrown on the footy field

the people that are calling it king hits are the softcock AFL fans who think a fight is a man hug love-in session

badav

Bench
It was a dog act and Delaney clearly was not expecting a punch to be thrown. He deserved to get sent off and spend 6-8 weeks on the sideline. Having said that it was nowhere near as bad as Danny Williams. More like Carl Webb on Ryan Hoffman.

badav

Bench
Just thought i'd add that this Souths V Titans was one of the worst games of NRL that i have ever seen. Between two attacking dunces. And two teams who will most definetaly finish outside the 8.

If Scott Prince and that number 20 for souths hadnt played it would have been worse than an A grade park match.