What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

DeeGan

Bench
DeeGan said:
I cannot fathom a player like Lowe reacting as he did without a reason.

No, I am not saying Delaney is at fault, though I can only assume Lowe has interpreted something in the play the ball as deliberate and acted on it. Does this excuse him? No, though something has happened there albeit an accident.

There will be a square up I am sure though in a legal hit. Give him the same amount of time Williams received and let's move on.

Well, well, welll ... as light is shed on the story this morning (as I alluded to above) there has been an alleged incident that sparked the reaction. Delaney is alleged to have grabbed the testicles of Lowe. I missed this, the camera crew missed this, the commentary team missed this.

Looking at live, it looked like Lowe has simply made a bee-line for the player and clocked him square on the jaw for no apparent reason. I couldn't believe that as I suggested above.

I retract the last statement, this is no where near as bad as Danny Williams - thankfully.

If Delaney is to have grabbed the balls of Lowe, he copped what he deserved to be blunt about it. I have played the game at a semi-pro level and whilst I can appreciate niggling a player to get a reaction to draw the penalty (e.g. facial massage, verbal taunt etc.) - making a play like the one Delaney is alleged to have made is not on. If you condone it, you are deluded.

Attempting to guess the time out of the game is a fruitless exercise with the inconsistencies in our NRL judicial process. Anywere between 1-5 weeks is a ballpark guess.

Coaster

Bench
If Delaney did grab his balls, it wasnt very hard, otherwise Lowe wouldnt have had the spring in his step to slog him.

I dunno about every one else, but ive had my balls squashed before, and i couldnt raise my arms for about 10 minutes

Tom Shines

First Grade
Grabbing balls is probably a lower act than knocking a guy out.
Hair pulling, biting, spitting, pinching, eye gouging, ball tampering... there are just somethings grown men shouldn't do.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wheelsy said:
Hair pulling, biting, spitting, pinching, eye gouging, ball tampering... there are just somethings grown men shouldn't do.

and funnily enough it was almost acceptable back in the day when men were men :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
Mason v Fielden
McGuire v Hodges

This was EXACTLY the same. I'm absolutely at a loss to see how you can distinguish this as worse.

Add Betham on Reardon 2002 and Guttenbeil on McGuire in '04 to that. I don;'t remember either of them copping much and they both landed some pretty good shots, especially Betham... I remember Reardon being pretty banged up afterwards.

DeeGan

Bench
Just saw another replay - hmm ...

There is no doubt this is a DUMB play and reaction from Jaiman Lowe with his side on the attack looking to get back in the game with 3 mins to go.

Delaney is alleged to have grabbed Lowe on the balls - there is nothing clear cut in the replay.

I hope this incident is over with sooner rather than later.

Wheelsy said:

Grabbing the nut sack is a dog act...could you call it a LOWE BLOW ???..:?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
NGR said:
he grabbed his balls, if they can prove this he wont get long at all...

let me ask you this: if someone was grabbing your balls what would you do?

hard to see it on the replay, but in any case you cant retalliate

he is gonna find it hard to justify that hit

Coaster

Bench
If someone grabbed and squeezed your balls hard enough to warrant that reaction, could you even do that reaction?

My question is:
If he got squeezed that hard, could he have stood played the ball took 2 steps forward, and thrown a punch?

The simple fact he could do that, and show no after effects when the Ref spoke to him ect, proves his balls were not sqeezed or squashed, or at least not hard enough to warrent that reaction.

Iafeta

Referee
6 weeks. It wasn't the same as the Williams one IIRC, O'Neil had turned around and he was belted from behind. I'm not saying it's a less cowardly act or anything, but I think that's how the judiciary, after defence counsel put this forward, will view it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Well i give up then. Mason was lauded as a legend for his hit on Fielden which was a very solid punch that put Fielden out for the rest of the match. And here we have exactly the same and all of a sudden it was a king hit worthy of a 10+ week suspension.

I just cant work it out.

DeeGan

Bench
curious said:
If someone grabbed and squeezed your balls hard enough to warrant that reaction, could you even do that reaction?

My question is:
If he got squeezed that hard, could he have stood played the ball took 2 steps forward, and thrown a punch?

The simple fact he could do that, and show no after effects when the Ref spoke to him ect, proves his balls were not sqeezed or squashed, or at least not hard enough to warrent that reaction.

Curious, you're drawing a long bow coming up with the matter-of-fact conclusion based on the fact Lowe was able to react the way he did in my opinion.

I sincerely hope as a Gold Coast fan Brett is innocent, though whilst the case you state is a valid one, I don't think we can state it "proves" anything.

Again, Jaiman Lowe isn't reacting like that for no reason.

I know a little bit about Lowe and I don't see anything to suggest he is a thug of a player.

Steel Dragon

Bench
NGR said:
he grabbed his balls, if they can prove this he wont get long at all...

let me ask you this: if someone was grabbing your balls what would you do?

If anyone is gonna be messing with my bits - they better have tits!
Otherwise I woulda clocked the bastard too.

ByRd

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
Well i give up then. Mason was lauded as a legend for his hit on Fielden which was a very solid punch that put Fielden out for the rest of the match. And here we have exactly the same and all of a sudden it was a king hit worthy of a 10+ week suspension.

I just cant work it out.
:lol::lol::lol: If you think Mason's was the same as that Lowe hit then you truly are an idiot. Mason and Fielden were front on and Fielden wanted to throw one but Willie got there first, wasnt a cheap shot or a king hit you dope.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
join the bandwagon said:
How long did Danny Williams get?
18 weeks. Mind you, I think Williams's was worse, but only slightly. I was at the game when Williams hit O'Neill, and to be fair O'Neill slammed Williams' head into the turf. Using the whole, "He touched my nuts" excuse is very very lame. Surely you have to accept and realise that in a tough physical contact sport such as rugby league that you may end up getting your jatz crackers groped a few times in your career. I saw the incident with Lowe, and honestly, there's absolutely nothing in it.

He'll get minimum 15 weeks.

Souths won't sack him, purely because his attitude is too similar to that of Rusty.

simon says

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:

I just cant work it out.

Agree 100%.....

Lowe grabbed him,and then they were both going for a swing...Lowe got in first.

Its EXACTLY the same as the Mason/Fielden stoush.

But peeps are calling for a Williams like sentence.

Ridiculous IMO......send off sufficient,a couple of weeks at absolute most.