What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If someone grabbed your family jewels you'd punch 'em too. Not saying he doesn't deserve suspension but to me a dog act is grabbing him there in the first place, IF Delaney did it then they should both get suspended.

NGR

Juniors
bjm8 said:
I didnt watch the game, just watched the highlights and read through these pages.

Im not gonna bring out the "its not his game" cliche, however ive known him since he was a kid (hes the only nrl player i know personally) and i was absolutely shocked when i first heard about it. Whether it was right or wrong, im not gonna say, but i will say all the people instantly branding him to be as bad as Ivan Milat to ease up a little. You are saying that he is a thug and is doing this all the time, and was "just starting to turn a corner," seriously, think before you say anything. Hes never done anything thuggish in his NRL career. His only blemish (THAT I RECALL) was a high shot that got put on report about 2 years ago. Was soft and didnt even warrant a suspension. Take it easy and let the judicairy do its job.
so we have a friend of j-lo and a friend of delaney...

fight fight fight!!!!!

bjm8

Juniors
NGR said:
so we have a friend of j-lo and a friend of delaney...

fight fight fight!!!!!

:lol:

like i said, im not getting into the "right or wrong" business. Just trying to defend him from the pack of morbid hounds that you are.

innsaneink

Referee
Bazal said:
That showed nothing but Delaney tackling a bloke around the legs...
The backdown grows.

Thats strange, I saw delaney get up after tackling him, his hand goes to Lowes groin area for a second, Delaney then moves away to marker backing back, lowes hand goes down to his own groin area then he goes after Delaney.

NGR said:
he grabbed his balls, if they can prove this he wont get long at all...

let me ask you this: if someone was grabbing your balls what would you do?

mark o neil whacked danny williams across the chops with a head high that deserved 4/5 weeks on its own, didn't stop the book being thrown at williams ... he should get what williams got

Tommy Smith

Referee
Just seen the reply and i have to ask "what's all the fuss about?" Talk about an overreaction.

Here i was expecting a Danny Williams like king-hit based on most observations in this thread. But it was just two blokes squaring up with one deciding to throw a punch and the other too stupid to be prepared for it. I seem to recall Gorden Tallis doing that to Ben Ross and everyone being in awe of the biffo with no suspension ensuing. I also seem to recall Casey McGuire doing the same to Justin hodges in a semi and everyone laughing there heads off over it.

But all of a sudden with our game as censored as it is im guessing people have been brainwashed because most now seem to think that it was a king hit?! Ridiculous! Had Jaiman been a weak puncher like Casey mcGuire then i suspect that people wouldnt care - is that right?

Also if Delaney is prepared to commit such a low act like grabbing a bloke by the testicles (which the evidence may or may not prove) then he better have the balls (pun intended) to back it up and protect himself from an expected retaliation.

Basically theres been a blatant overreaction to this incident. Even Cartwright said it was a 'king hit' in the press conference so im guessing he has no clue either. So if he is suspecnded then it should be 1-2 weeks at the most. The biggest part of his crime is that he undoubtedly let his teammates down.

Bazal

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
The backdown grows.

Thats strange, I saw delaney get up after tackling him, his hand goes to Lowes groin area for a second, Delaney then moves away to marker backing back, lowes hand goes down to his own groin area then he goes after Delaney.

Yes...I'm backpedalling at a million miles an hour, whilst skillfully saying exactly what I've been saying the whole time. I didn't realise I was so masterful :roll:. I was also unaware that if you tackle someone around the upper thigh region you deserve to be split open with a right hook...

bjm8

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Just seen the reply and i have to ask "what's all the fuss about?" Talk about an overreaction.

Here i was expecting a Danny Williams like king-hit based on most observations in this thread. But it was just two blokes squaring up with one deciding to throw a punch and the other too stupid to be prepared for it. I seem to recall Gorden Tallis doing that to Ben Ross and everyone being in awe of the biffo with no suspension ensuing. I also seem to recall Casey McGuire doing the same to Justin hodges in a semi and everyone laughing there heads off over it.

But all of a sudden with our game as censored as it is im guessing people have been brainwashed because most now seem to think that it was a king hit?! Ridiculous! Had Jaiman been a weak puncher like Casey mcGuire then i suspect that people wouldnt care - is that right?

Also if Delaney is prepared to commit such a low act like grabbing a bloke by the testicles (which the evidence may or may not prove) then he better have the balls (pun intended) to back it up and protect himself from an expected retaliation.

Basically theres been a blatant overreaction to this incident. Even Cartwright said it was a 'king hit' in the press conference so im guessing he has no clue either. So if he is suspecnded then it should be 1-2 weeks at the most. The biggest part of his crime is that he undoubtedly let his teammates down.

The biggest problem is, that even now, 3 hours after the game finished, he has already been proven guilty in the trial by media. i agree that it looked like a fight where only one man threw a punch, but i didnt want to look biased towards jaimen by saying it. Any leniency by the NRL is going to come accross as bad for the game, so they will no doubt hit him hard. Tell me this. Lowe swings a punch in a heated situation, and is gonna get 10 weeks minimum. Carney breaks the law and belongs in jail, yet he gets a few weeks off but will return to his job. Doesnt seem to add up.

Bazal

Post Whore
bjm8 said:
The biggest problem is, that even now, 3 hours after the game finished, he has already been proven guilty in the trial by media. i agree that it looked like a fight where only one man threw a punch, but i didnt want to look biased towards jaimen by saying it. Any leniency by the NRL is going to come accross as bad for the game, so they will no doubt hit him hard. Tell me this. Lowe swings a punch in a heated situation, and is gonna get 10 weeks minimum. Carney breaks the law and belongs in jail, yet he gets a few weeks off but will return to his job. Doesnt seem to add up.

I do agree with that sentiment...Carney deserves to be hit hard by both the law and NRL...But you can't strike a guy like that and get away with it either...I think, seeing in in slow mo, my previous 10 weeks was a little harsh. But it was still a nasty incident, and he still should get about 6 weeks...

Kilkenny

Coach
Havent seen the Lowe incident yet but I note a previous post in reference to the Tallis king hit on Ben Ross a few years back. Tallis got off scot free despite Ross sustaining a fractured cheek bone.

The inconsistency with our judiciary particularly towards the lesser profile players one can expect they will come down hard on Lowe.

juanfarkall

Coach
Lowe does have form from Qld Cup from memory... not sure if that carries any weight with the NRL.
Do Premier League indecretions get taken into consideration with NRL charges ?

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah Tallis should have gone for a rest for that...from memory he nailed Ross 5 or 6 times...

i admitt i havent seen it, going by what everyone says - bar tommy smith - it seems bad, but the precident has been set by the danny williams case, if it's similar like 95% of you say he should get the same

whatever mascourd writes tomorrow will determine his fate, mascourd was covering this game, jaiman mate go shout that idiot some beers, he might go easy on you

>>edit<< 5 or 6 times tallis nailed ross? are we talking when tallis had the penrith dude by the neck and just kept nailing him? from memory wasn't he nailed like 12 times and the footy show had that on "ohhhhhhhh that's what we like to see BRING BACK THE BIFF"

Tom Shines

First Grade
According to Fat Quaddie in today's Sunday Telegraph, it was much worse than Darren Williams king hit on that Penrith player, but you expect that in league.

Bazal

Post Whore
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
i admitt i havent seen it, going by what everyone says - bar tommy smith - it seems bad, but the precident has been set by the danny williams case, if it's similar like 95% of you say he should get the same

whatever mascourd writes tomorrow will determine his fate, mascourd was covering this game, jaiman mate go shout that idiot some beers, he might go easy on you

>>edit<< 5 or 6 times tallis nailed ross? are we talking when tallis had the penrith dude by the neck and just kept nailing him? from memory wasn't he nailed like 12 times and the footy show had that on "ohhhhhhhh that's what we like to see BRING BACK THE BIFF"

Yeah that's the one, Ben Ross was a rookie and Tallis just drilled him. Did some nasty things to his head.

Latest posts