What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Jaiman 'Dog' Lowe get?

innsaneink

Referee
madunit said:
18 weeks. Mind you, I think Williams's was worse, but only slightly. I was at the game when Williams hit O'Neill, and to be fair O'Neill slammed Williams' head into the turf. Using the whole, "He touched my nuts" excuse is very very lame. Surely you have to accept and realise that in a tough physical contact sport such as rugby league that you may end up getting your jatz crackers groped a few times in your career. I saw the incident with Lowe, and honestly, there's absolutely nothing in it.

He'll get minimum 15 weeks.

Souths won't sack him, purely because his attitude is too similar to that of Rusty.

LOL....not even close.

Coaster

Bench
DeeGan said:
Curious, you're drawing a long bow coming up with the matter-of-fact conclusion based on the fact Lowe was able to react the way he did in my opinion.

I sincerely hope as a Gold Coast fan Brett is innocent, though whilst the case you state is a valid one, I don't think we can state it "proves" anything.

Again, Jaiman Lowe isn't reacting like that for no reason.

I know a little bit about Lowe and I don't see anything to suggest he is a thug of a player.

It seems unusal for a man complaining about anything to do with his testicles to not once hold them, or show any sort of pain after the incident.

If something did happen, then it must have been minor, becuase he physicly would not be able to reacte the way he did, if something major had happened, he just couldnt, he would have been hunched over gasping for air.

Im not saying nothing happened, but if it did, it must have been minor.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
If he gets any more than 4-6 weeks then our game has become a joke. That was not a king hit by any stretch of the imagination.

NGR

Juniors
curious said:
It seems unusal for a man complaining about anything to do with his testicles to not once hold them, or show any sort of pain after the incident.

If something did happen, then it must have been minor, becuase he physicly would not be able to reacte the way he did, if something major had happened, he just couldnt, he would have been hunched over gasping for air.

Im not saying nothing happened, but if it did, it must have been minor.
who are you to say how much of a pain threshold j-lo has...

do you think that maybe it hurt him enough to make him wanna go punch the c***

Finally just showed the whole incident from the tackle to the punch on Fox.

And it looked like delaney had a good hold on his c##k. Accident my arse Delaney, The one place a hetro male is quiet aware they have accidently ventured too in a game of footy you nice person(Apologies to those of that persuasion, pun intended).

Got what he deserved.

LESStar58

Referee
jayman said:
geez that was a king hit... looked ugly

hope delany is alright

the coverage didnt show what set him off.. did anybody see the tackle on lowe??

also where was peachy?

I saw the hit and it didn't look like Delaney had his back turned. Looked more like Lowe got him on the chin with a good right handed jab.

Look, he shouldn't have hit him but I'm inclined to suggest that the punishment fit the crime. He got sent off. Thats probably enough.

On the off chance he is suspended it will probably only be about 4weeks.

Quidgybo

Bench
NGR said:
he grabbed his balls, if they can prove this he wont get long at all...

let me ask you this: if someone was grabbing your balls what would you do?
As a professional RL player where the consequences of assaulting an opponent could permanently damage my career, cost me (and my family) thousands of dollars, and potentially cost my team a finals place and a signifcantly more money, what would I do? Refuse to play the ball, call my captain over and have him lodge a formal complaint with the referee. After the ref takes reports from his touch judges and the video ref, I might even get a penalty out of it. But as with gouging, if I haven't got the sense and the balls (pun intended) to make the formal accusation thru proper channels then I deserve everything I get.

Leigh.

Hurriflatch

Referee
This really is no different to the O'Neill-Williams incident

In that Williams claimed he got hit high by O'Neill and dazed him so that justified his actions
In this case Lowe claims that Delaney grabbed him by the balls and that justified his actions

In both cases Williams and Lowe proved how stupid they are you are taught from an early age that the ref only sees the retaliation so don't.

If Lowe had just played on and then complained to the ref after it we may just be talking about Delaney getting X weeks for what he did.

Lowe deserves 6 weeks for the punch and 50 weeks for stupidity

and if proven give Delaney 4 for the grab

ToiletDuck

Juniors
His blood was up, its a fair reaction. If someone grabbed your nuts in the street, you wouldnt walk away and summon the police, youd try and deck him. Ooops...i mean "king hit" him.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Obviously you're a Delaney lover. But if anything, theres more leniency with what happens on the field. If you crash tackle someone on the street, it's assault. Same with a bit of biff. Do it on the field and it's fine.

Hurriflatch

Referee
ToiletDuck said:
Obviously you're a Delaney lover. But if anything, theres more leniency with what happens on the field. If you crash tackle someone on the street, it's assault. Same with a bit of biff. Do it on the field and it's fine.

F*** you a*sehole, you said it yourself there is leniancy for things that happen on the field as mentioned there are accidental nut grabs all the time when players go in to make tackles. But you don't see people reacting like Lowe did everytime, it was a stupid act and he deserves to get punished for stupidity more then the act itself

Quidgybo

Bench
ToiletDuck said:
His blood was up, its a fair reaction. If someone grabbed your nuts in the street, you wouldnt walk away and summon the police, youd try and deck him. Ooops...i mean "king hit" him.
If I knew I had two policemen within 10m looking right at me and that the whole thing was being recorded on video and that the bloke couldn't do a runner, there's no way I'd king hit him. Why? Because I'd have no doubt that I'd be the one ending up in the back of the paddy wagon. He might end up arrested as well based on my complaint to the police but that doesn't give me free reign to knock him out. The response was totally out of proportion to the situation and the judge will quite rightly throw the book at him for taking the law into his own hands.

Leigh.

Bazal

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
If I knew I had two policemen within 10m looking right at me and that the whole thing was being recorded on video and that the bloke couldn't do a runner, there's no way I'd king hit him. Why? Because I'd have no doubt that I'd be the one ending up in the back of the paddy wagon. The response was totally out of proportion to the situation and the judge will quite rightly throw the book at him for taking the law into his own hands.

Leigh.

Exactly. Regardless of what Delaney did (or in this case, what Lowe claims after the fact that Delaney did) Lowe reacted far beyond the necessary recourse...especially given the number of officials for him to complain to...