What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

Rabbitude

Juniors
Inglis show last night that he is one of the genuine low lifes of the game. He lined Young up and deliberately hit him whilst Young wasn't watching. Young couldn't defend himself. Inglis is a thug. Warren Ryan who was one of the toughest players in the game intimated this on 702 last night. I have never heard Ryan get so worked up as I did last night.

Ryan is a hypocrite of the highest order.

I know he's getting on a bit in age, so maybe he forgets how he ordered Mark Bugden to take out Cronulla legend Steve Rogers in a match in 1985.

Bugden obliged and broke Rogers jaw which ended his career in the NSWRL.

Last edited:

Mr Saab

Referee
Warren Ryan and David Morrow are clueless sometimes. Morrow called cuties "shoulder charge" on Anasta in 2008 as worst than Les Boyd on Brohman.
He said if Inglis did this on the street he would be charged with assault! FMD!!!!
If anyone does a tackle on the street they would be charged with assault.
I will never listen to Morrow anymore as he is an over exaggerating tosser.

Fire

First Grade
Yeah, but to be fair to Gregory, he didn't know that planes fly when it's wet, that boats aren't really supposed to be given as additional payments for playing outside your contract and that the town he grew up in and played his junior footy for for years and years is actually south of the QLD border and located in NSW. So he may not have known what the medicab was for possibly?????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

saint pebba

First Grade
Judiciary need to send out the message that this is not the way our game is going to grow and move forward.Anyone that thinks this is what league needs is helping to stop the game from moving forward.

About time someone used common sense.

Players these days have a duty of care to the opposition as well as themselves and should they want to take risks by leveling someone out with a risky tackle, they need to be able to accept the punishment when it does wrong.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Warren Ryan and David Morrow are clueless sometimes. Morrow called cuties "shoulder charge" on Anasta in 2008 as worst than Les Boyd on Brohman.
He said if Inglis did this on the street he would be charged with assault! FMD!!!!
If anyone does a tackle on the street they would be charged with assault.
I will never listen to Morrow anymore as he is an over exaggerating tosser.

So it was Morrow. His bias is embarrassing at times.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
This forum is nothing but a haven for trolls and I don't have the time nor patience to be cordial with 12 year olds or people with the intelligence of a 12 year old. I gave this forum a bit of respect when it was a reasonable place for rugby league discussion, but those days are long gone. So I post with the level of respect that this place deserves well in mind.

I agree.

thommo4pm

Coach
South Sydney won.

Inglis didn't walk over to the medi cab, didn't acknowledge he f**ked up when the ref called him out, don't know if he went in the Dragon's shed after the game :lol:

LOL@5(o)uff$!

You know what disgusted me the most.

Young got a standing applause from the Souths fans on the tunnel side, and the majority of Souths players clapped him off.
Inglis didn't clap and then smiled after placed on report....that says more than anything else.

Fire

First Grade
You know what disgusted me the most.

Young got a standing applause from the Souths fans on the tunnel side, and the majority of Souths players clapped him off.
Inglis didn't clap and then smiled after placed on report....that says more than anything else.

Exactly. That's why he's a dog.

johnnyg

Juniors
What about Merrin???

Seriously? Attacking Farrell whilst he waited for Young to be moved off his leg. What if Young had a broken neck, but the cord had not been severed until he thought it'd be a great idea to almost start a brawl on top of his K'Oed teammate.:crazy:

papabear

Juniors
none.

It was a good hit, should be featured on hit of the week, got him high in the chest at first contact and then it went up higher.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Saints fans are used to Inglis destroying their players, remember Soward flying through the air and Beau Scott getting a barrage a punches from GI in origin:lol:

Pugzley

Good defense by Inglis to stop a Dean Young line break.

That's what you get when your not aware of your surroundings in a contact sport.

Going against him-
Led with the forearm
Contact with the head
Outcome of the hit

Going for him -
Questionable intent
Player appeared to have started falling

Not as bad as some are saying but ALONG way from the good clean hit some are calling it

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
What about Merrin???

Seriously? Attacking Farrell whilst he waited for Young to be moved off his leg. What if Young had a broken neck, but the cord had not been severed until he thought it'd be a great idea to almost start a brawl on top of his K'Oed teammate.:crazy:

That was stupid. I agree.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
I'll tell you what's funny, the fact that there's a 23 page thread about GI's high shot, and there is no thread in existence about Travis Burns', which was twice as bad and resulted in him being sent from the field.

Just goes to show how bloody obsessed this 'rugby league' forum seems to be with South Sydney and it's players.

There can't simply be a bit of measured, normal discussion about a tackle gone wrong. The usual suspects come crawling out of the woodwork, and have to stir up the hornets nest of vitriol that inevitably envelopes any thread that has anything remotely to do with Souths.

Honestly, I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to discuss rugby league with fans of other teams as well, to get a more balanced viewpoint than the one I get on my team's own forum.

Instead, it's just a bunch of idiots having a 24 hour a day dick measuring contest, spouting a bunch of complete crap. League Unlimited my arse. It's 1% rugby league talk, 99% shit.

Some of you need to get a f**king life.

On the GI incident, it was a poor tackle. No malice, no intent, but it was poorly executed, and when you execute poorly when unleashing a shoulder charge running at the speed Inglis was, it's going to go pretty badly wrong.

He has 7 years+ without an incident, so he gets 25% reduction in points for that, and another 25% for early guilty plea. He'll be deservedly on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, and this is coming from a Bunnies fan.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I'll tell you what's funny, the fact that there's a 23 page thread about GI's high shot, and there is no thread in existence about Travis Burns', which was twice as bad and resulted in him being sent from the field.

Just goes to show how bloody obsessed this 'rugby league' forum seems to be with South Sydney and it's players.

There can't simply be a bit of measured, normal discussion about a tackle gone wrong. The usual suspects come crawling out of the woodwork, and have to stir up the hornets nest of vitriol that inevitably envelopes any thread that has anything remotely to do with Souths.

Honestly, I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to discuss rugby league with fans of other teams as well, to get a more balanced viewpoint than the one I get on my team's own forum.

Instead, it's just a bunch of idiots having a 24 hour a day dick measuring contest, spouting a bunch of complete crap. League Unlimited my arse. It's 1% rugby league talk, 99% shit.

On the GI incident, it was a poor tackle. No malice, no intent, but it was poorly executed, and when you execute poorly when unleashing a shoulder charge running at the speed Inglis was, it's going to go pretty badly wrong.

He has 7 years+ without an incident, so he gets 25% reduction in points for that, and another 25% for early guilty plea. He'll be deservedly on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, and this is coming from a Bunnies fan

Agree.

Rabbitude

Juniors

He has 7 years+ without an incident, so he gets 25% reduction in points for that, and another 25% for early guilty plea. He'll be deservedly on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, and this is coming from a Bunnies fan.

Well said !!!

Fantastic post.