What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

I'll tell you what's funny, the fact that there's a 23 page thread about GI's high shot, and there is no thread in existence about Travis Burns', which was twice as bad and resulted in him being sent from the field.

Just goes to show how bloody obsessed this 'rugby league' forum seems to be with South Sydney and it's players.

There can't simply be a bit of measured, normal discussion about a tackle gone wrong. The usual suspects come crawling out of the woodwork, and have to stir up the hornets nest of vitriol that inevitably envelopes any thread that has anything remotely to do with Souths.

Honestly, I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to discuss rugby league with fans of other teams as well, to get a more balanced viewpoint than the one I get on my team's own forum.

Instead, it's just a bunch of idiots having a 24 hour a day dick measuring contest, spouting a bunch of complete crap. League Unlimited my arse. It's 1% rugby league talk, 99% shit.

Some of you need to get a f**king life.

On the GI incident, it was a poor tackle. No malice, no intent, but it was poorly executed, and when you execute poorly when unleashing a shoulder charge running at the speed Inglis was, it's going to go pretty badly wrong.

He has 7 years+ without an incident, so he gets 25% reduction in points for that, and another 25% for early guilty plea. He'll be deservedly on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, and this is coming from a Bunnies fan.

I fear for where this thread might go. Probably LOL@Souffs x 1000.

saint pebba

Coach
I'll tell you what's funny, the fact that there's a 23 page thread about GI's high shot, and there is no thread in existence about Travis Burns', which was twice as bad and resulted in him being sent from the field.

There is no way the tackle from burns was twice as bad as the inglis one. The one from burns was a bad tackle but at best it produced a bloody nose.

Both should have been sent and both should get a few weeks on the sidelines.

Rabbitude

Juniors
There is no way the tackle from burns was twice as bad as the inglis one. The one from burns was a bad tackle but at best it produced a bloody nose.

Both should have been sent and both should get a few weeks on the sidelines.

The major issue for Burns will be the intent of the tackle.

Referee Ashley Klein said it was a deliberate high tackle when he dismissed him.

Even his own coach said ""He's an aggressive guy and he was in an aggressive mood at that stage (of the send-off)"

Fire

First Grade

Just goes to show how bloody obsessed this 'rugby league' forum seems to be with South Sydney and it's players.

There can't simply be a bit of measured, normal discussion about a tackle gone wrong. The usual suspects come crawling out of the woodwork, and have to stir up the hornets nest of vitriol that inevitably envelopes any thread that has anything remotely to do with Souths.

Honestly, I joined this forum because I wanted to be able to discuss rugby league with fans of other teams as well, to get a more balanced viewpoint than the one I get on my team's own forum.

Instead, it's just a bunch of idiots having a 24 hour a day dick measuring contest, spouting a bunch of complete crap. League Unlimited my arse. It's 1% rugby league talk, 99% shit.

On the GI incident, it was a poor tackle. No malice, no intent, but it was poorly executed, and when you execute poorly when unleashing a shoulder charge running at the speed Inglis was, it's going to go pretty badly wrong.

He has 7 years+ without an incident, so he gets 25% reduction in points for that, and another 25% for early guilty plea. He'll be deservedly on the sidelines for a couple of weeks, and this is coming from a Bunnies fan.

Cool story bro.

LOL@5(o)uff$!

gypsy

Bench

tl/dr

LOL@50uff$

Dragonwest

Juniors
First of all Young is not falling, looking at the side-on replay and Young's left leg is almost straight on impact. Secondly from the reverse angle Inglis came straight in targeting the head. Third, he was that worried he ran in over Young to got involved in the melee. Fourth, his smile whilst walking back to the line after speaking to the ref with no remorse was a nice touch.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bench
Young's team mates are to blame, 'cause if any of them had been up in support he wouldn't have been looking behind aimlessly before running into a light pole called Inglis. Inglis will get 1-2 weeks.

Usain Bolt

Bench
This picture once and for all shows Inglis first contact was not with the head. No case to answer

/thread

a5bb6984.jpg

ANTiLAG

First Grade
:lol::lol:

Get over yourself and your persecution complex. You're not Manly. You've only been around since 1999, you're not old enough for people to "hate" you other than maybe some from the Shire.

As for us lol@Souths fans defending Inglis, perhaps we like the shoulder charge as part of the game.

If we've only been around since 1999, then why did your club do the promo before the game on the big screen of the 93 years of history between our clubs and that we had 36 premierships between us?

You likely weren't even at the game like the majority of Souths supporters on this forum.

:lol:

Your comprehension is bad.

A lol@souffs fan is not a souffs fan.

The Rabbitohs were obviously just messing with you and having a joke. Don't know when you're being laughed at?

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Where are the people that were saying he was aiming for the head now?!

And the mongs saying he jumped into the air to make contact.

Never seen so much hysteria over a hit that at worst was slightly off.

I mean lets face, Young was going nigh-nigh regardless.

And the mongs saying he jumped into the air to make contact.

Never seen so much hysteria over a hit that at worst was slightly off.

I mean lets face, Young was going nigh-nigh regardless.

This incident has highlighted a number of things for me. Fact is, Butt hurt Dragons fans are the biggest sooks in Rugby League and whatever they came up with was destined to be further cultivated by the lol@souths brigade. The media aren't blameless in this hysteria either.

It's also shown how few of the people in this thread have actually played Rugby League. If they had, they'd know how laughable half of what they've said here is.

When you make a shoulder charge at pace you are trying to smash your opponent and you generally aren't watching your target at point of contact. If your target changes direction at the last moment, even minutely, it's impossible to adjust. It's why so many shoulder charges actually miss completely. Look at Young's body position in that shot. Farrell has dragged him down and to the left at the last minute. It's only about 6 inches either way but when Inglis is already taller, that's all it's taken and still, first contact is forearm with the chest.

If Farrell isn't involved, it's just a good solid hit. Contact with the head was not the intention and Inglis had no time to adjust. Same as Kasiano last week and should be the same result.

Karl

Juniors
Reckless contact with the head. Far too high. He's got to get a week or two surely.

Jesus wasn't he moving. In real time that hit is just sickening.

The momentum to ban shoulder charges is picking up. In the Courier Mail again today. This sort of footage won't help.

Noa

First Grade
Inligs point of contact was a good 10inches below his chin, if he's suspened its because the force of the impact which caused Young to stop suddenly (lol) and his head keeping forward momentum hitting Inglis shoulder causing the concussion.

Dangerous precendent to set if we're ging to suspend people for that. theyll almost be saying we realise the hit hitself was OK but he was concussed because of a secondary action so we'll suspend you for that

If young stayed on his original course I reckon there'd have been a head clash. Honestly, the only thing Inglis could possibly be pinged for is reckless contact. With his good record he shouldn't even get a week. Anything further than that and the judiciary is piss weak and has bought into the media hype.

Latest posts