What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
And this thread has been more proof - not that I needed it - that you St Merge skirts sit down to go to the toilet, wax your bikini lines and get f**ked up the a*** by your boyfriends most evenings. Here's a thought, next time you put your dress on and get ready to go to your next sporting event make it a Swans game where your femininity might actually be appreciated. They even wear the same colours so you'll still be able to wear your prettiest red and white skirt and fit in with the rest of the girls.

Your Mum was a Saints supporter?

Dragonwest

Juniors
This picture once and for all shows Inglis first contact was not with the head. No case to answer

/thread

a5bb6984.jpg

Still standing, shoulder aimed straight at the head ..... thanks for proving my point.

saint pebba

First Grade
The punishment will come down to what charge gets laid. I doubt the NRL are sutpid enough to go with a high tackle as yes the initial contact was with the chest.

If they go for dangerous contact, it won't matter where the initial contact was as the end result was a shoulder to the head which these days is considered dangerous.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Not surprisingly, Rothfield is all over this today.

Sensationalism at its best (or worst). Bad out come of a collision gone wrong on Saturday night. Reckelss, careless but not malicious.

There wouldn't be too many people who have ever played the game who would see it as anything but and we are all a little precious and prone to bouts of panic and "what if's" in todays soft, PC world.

I believe Inglis will be suspended, but he shouldn't be scapegoated and if they ban the shoulder charge and throw the book at him, then it changes the essence of the game.

Dean Young is the fabric of Saints, but I won't let my support of the team cloud my view on what happened.

My beef is with the lower end of the gene pool that applaud head injuries. Its apparent they've been hit around the head a few too many times themselves. The types that torture animals.

saint pebba

First Grade

Sensationalism at its best (or worst). Bad out come of a collision gone wrong on Saturday night. Reckelss, careless but not malicious.

There wouldn't be too many people who have ever played the game who would see it as anything but and we are all a little precious and prone to bouts of panic and "what if's" in todays soft, PC world.

I believe Inglis will be suspended, but he shouldn't be scapegoated and if they ban the shoulder charge and throw the book at him, then it changes the essence of the game.

Dean Young is the fabric of Saints, but I won't let my support of the team cloud my view on what happened.

My beef is with the lower end of the gene pool that applaud head injuries. Its apparent they've been hit around the head a few too many times themselves. The types that torture animals.

Whilst there has been an over reaction to the shoulder charge this year, you can't blame the NRL for wanting to increase player safety so that in 15-20 years they don't have players suing them like what is currently happening in the NFL in the US.

These days each player has a duty of care to themselves and the opposition player to play the game within the rules. Players that fail to show any duty of care, whether it be an accident or intentional, will be punished accordingly.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
This incident has highlighted a number of things for me. Fact is, Butt hurt Dragons fans are the biggest sooks in Rugby League and whatever they came up with was destined to be further cultivated by the lol@souths brigade. The media aren't blameless in this hysteria either.

It's also shown how few of the people in this thread have actually played Rugby League. If they had, they'd know how laughable half of what they've said here is.

When you make a shoulder charge at pace you are trying to smash your opponent and you generally aren't watching your target at point of contact. If your target changes direction at the last moment, even minutely, it's impossible to adjust. It's why so many shoulder charges actually miss completely. Look at Young's body position in that shot. Farrell has dragged him down and to the left at the last minute. It's only about 6 inches either way but when Inglis is already taller, that's all it's taken and still, first contact is forearm with the chest.

If Farrell isn't involved, it's just a good solid hit. Contact with the head was not the intention and Inglis had no time to adjust. Same as Kasiano last week and should be the same result.

I agree.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Whilst there has been an over reaction to the shoulder charge this year, you can't blame the NRL for wanting to increase player safety so that in 15-20 years they don't have players suing them like what is currently happening in the NFL in the US.

These days each player has a duty of care to themselves and the opposition player to play the game within the rules. Players that fail to show any duty of care, whether it be an accident or intentional, will be punished accordingly.

I said early in the thread that Inglis had failed that duty of care mate. Thats why he'll be cited and suspended for a couple of weeks.

NAS

Juniors

A common sense post and I applaud you for it. the fact is that the shoulder comes into contact with the head. It's a week or two off.

I do think though that if the MRC are serious, they'll look very closely at Merrin's acts immediately following...not only for the damage he could have caused to Farrell, but also to Young himself.....it was silly silly play.

saint pebba

First Grade
A common sense post and I applaud you for it. the fact is that the shoulder comes into contact with the head. It's a week or two off.

I do think though that if the MRC are serious, they'll look very closely at Merrin's acts immediately following...not only for the damage he could have caused to Farrell, but also to Young himself.....it was silly silly play.

Nothing will be done about Merrin as it was all just a bit of push and shove. I am fairly certain that the senior players at the dragons will tell him to pull his head in though.

gronkathon

First Grade
You would imagine looking at the guidlines that the charge would have to be about a grade 2 reckless, perhaps garde three depending on what, if any similar incidents they cite in the grading process

saint pebba

First Grade
I said early in the thread that Inglis had failed that duty of care mate. Thats why he'll be cited and suspended for a couple of weeks.

Just added my bit onto yours just for those ill informed people on the forum who think it is ok to hit someone in head even if it was an accident.

saint pebba

First Grade
You would imagine looking at the guidlines that the charge would have to be about a grade 2 reckless, perhaps garde three depending on what, if any similar incidents they cite in the grading process

It wont come under reckless as that is just for high tackles. Inglis at no time attempted a conventional tackle on young as his arms were never out in front in a tackling motion.

This one will come under dangerous contact and will be IMO a grade 3 or 4 which should result in between 2-3 weeks.

thommo4pm

Coach
Honestly, I really don't care if he gets 0, 2, 4 or any amount of weeks.

It doesn't help out my team as we don't play them again this year.
It only helps the teams Souths play in the coming weeks.

saint pebba

First Grade
Honestly, I really don't care if he gets 0, 2, 4 or any amount of weeks.

It doesn't help out my team as we don't play them again this year.
It only helps the teams Souths play in the coming weeks.

I sort of feel the same however it would add to my veiwing pleasure for Inglis to be suspended and souffs to go on a losing streak.

I am starting to believe it would be more enjoyable to see the sharks or dogs win rather than souffs.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Look, we've all got a lot invested in the LOL@50UFF$ stakes.

Really hoping for at least 3 more threads over the off season.

I don't see them hitting the wall, though if GI is suspended they are not the same team at all.

They're playing well. They're well coached. They could give it a shake, but there is a long way to go.

kurtz

Juniors
It's called whiplash! no contact was made with the head, it was the force of the hit rather than where it hit him. The head rocked back which caused him to be concussed due to whiplash, the brain inside the skull moves around and when there is massive impact there is a concussion, has nothing to do with being hit in the head

picture.php

haha

Juniors
Look, we've all got a lot invested in the LOL@50UFF$ stakes.

Really hoping for at least 3 more threads over the off season.

I don't see them hitting the wall, though if GI is suspended they are not the same team at all.

They're playing well. They're well coached. They could give it a shake, but there is a long way to go.

It's starting to turn into whingeoutloud@souths, atleast from a few dragons fans anyway.
Some of the dragons fans are embarrassing themselves without shame in this thread, it's time for some of you to dry your eyes and harden up.

Every team has supporters who come out with some dumb shit but i've never seen a supporter base whinge like this. I'm certain some of you are crying whilst you type.

I wont lower myself and paint all dragons fans with the same brush, some have shown some common sense and posted rational thoughts and opinions without being on the brink of tears.