What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for GI???

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
It's starting to turn into whingeoutloud@souths, atleast from a few dragons fans anyway.
Some of the dragons fans are embarrassing themselves without shame in this thread, it's time for some of you to dry your eyes and harden up.

Every team has supporters who come out with some dumb shit but i've never seen a supporter base whinge like this. I'm certain some of you are crying whilst you type.

I wont lower myself and paint all dragons fans with the same brush, some have shown some common sense and posted rational thoughts and opinions without being on the brink of tears.

As I've said, shit happens in regards to the Inglis hit. He'll be punished accordingly in due course, following due process.

Young is tough. He'll be fine. I've been concussed with legit swinging arms before. I ran into a team mates shoulder at training one night and got dropped. Saw stars and put my teeth through my tongue. Stuff like that is part of the game. Always has been.

My only beef is lowies getting hard over head injuries. Not cool, Regardless of who you support and in light of recent social events.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
, from the words of the possible nsw coach
Brad Fittler at his best in this statement:
"The attacker needs to take responsibility as well,? says Fittler. ?If you have the ball you have to be aware that there are 13 blokes out to smash you.

?In this situation, Dean Young took his eyes away from Greg Inglis and made himself an easy target.?

http://www.nrl.com/young-and-inglis-both-to-blame--nrl-daily/tabid/10874/newsid/68814/default.aspx

another fittler gem :crazy: from the words of a possible nsw coach.

it was a reckless attempt by inglis. he smashed hoffman a few tims the week before but wasnt as reckless. inglis also leave the ground to make the hit

RufusRex

Post Whore
This whole debate is just shit and the idea of protecting the perp at the expense of the victim is symptomatic of the issues in our game.

The AFL had a chicken wing, highlighted the culprit, punished him appropriately and will move on stronger.

We have bullshit in our game that management have too long sat on to the detriment of the code.

Do not protect the players, protect the game. Deal with foul play openly and do not shirk away from it.

Prior hit thurston high and deserved what he got, probably more. Inglis deserves a holiday, so does Smith.

Galeforce

Bench
interesting delay from NRL on this charge.
I can only assume multiple reviews of the incident occurring with a hot debate on the action to be taken .

Also interesting the headlines which are "softening" on GI , to the extreme view that Young is also responsible , as he turned to look for support versus keeping an eye on Inglis.

One week suspension is appropriate.

saint pebba

First Grade
interesting delay from NRL on this charge.
I can only assume multiple reviews of the incident occurring with a hot debate on the action to be taken .

Also interesting the headlines which are "softening" on GI , to the extreme view that Young is also responsible , as he turned to look for support versus keeping an eye on Inglis.

One week suspension is appropriate.

Young did what any other player without the pace would do, he looked for support.

This does not give Inglis the right to knock him out cold.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well timed article from nrl.com about how it's dean youngs fault that he got smashed

Expect a light charge on the golden boy

BranVan3000

Coach
Brad Fittler at his best in this statement:
"The attacker needs to take responsibility as well,” says Fittler. “If you have the ball you have to be aware that there are 13 blokes out to smash you.

“In this situation, Dean Young took his eyes away from Greg Inglis and made himself an easy target.”

http://www.nrl.com/young-and-inglis-both-to-blame--nrl-daily/tabid/10874/newsid/68814/default.aspx
I agree grade 2 recklessness at least? Give Young 2 weeks and Inglis 1 week

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
We've been raped in 1999, 2011 and 2012 by unfair judiciary decisions. IF he gets off (don't think he will) then it makes up for every time we've been treated unfairly.

Mr Saab

Referee
We've been raped in 1999, 2011 and 2012 by unfair judiciary decisions. IF he gets off (don't think he will) then it makes up for every time we've been treated unfairly.

Strong use of words here.
Explain these tough calls would you please.