What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks should James Graham get?

How many weeks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Usain Bolt

Bench
You f**king mong. The ref even said to the second ref "You've seen the damage, right?"

settle down I posted without seeing other angles bt now i have seen it I agree there is evidence,

In my defence even Freddy Fittler said you need clear evidence of a bite at halftime;-)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just saw another replay - the touch judge is literally standing one metre from the incident, so close that he would've been splattered with One Eared Billy's blood and heard the crunch of the gristle.

Surely he has an opinion on the matter?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Disgusting. He has to go for 10+ weeks. What a terrible look for rugby league when so many people that are new to the game were watching tonight.

firechild

First Grade
12-16 weeks IMO. Only thing worse than biting is eye gouging which should be lifetime ban in most cases. He'll get less, he'll get international matches taken out and then a couple of trial matches and he'll be good to go early next year. Absolute disgrace.

Galeforce

Bench
clear evidence of him munching and then when he got Slater to the ground he had couple of good swings at Slaters head. The head shots were only shown once. Sure the review committee will also take those into account. Should go for 12 weeks at least.

Son of Minto

Bench
If I knew how to photoshop, I'd put a Tyson tattoo on James Graham's face. *hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, so no more*

Ive seen a few on Twitter :lol:

A4CCDk9CcAEAt0F.jpg:large

seanoff

Juniors
shouldn't be given weeks, should be a date, ie 15 July. Given him no outs for rep games etc.

I don't know how he stayed on. surely the video ref could have had a quiet word in Archers' ear. that was enough evidence for me.

Frederick

Staff member
Question...with the suspension he will no doubt cop, will that take into account trial games too? IE 12 week suspension, dogs have say 4 trial games next year, therefore graham only suspended til round 8?

anjado

Juniors
He will get 8 weeks like Brad Morrin and Jarrod McCracken did they were the two highest profile biting incidents of the past 21 years. It was a terrible thing to do really and there is no excusing it. But 8 -12 weeks should suffice it's not like we are going to get a raft of biting incidents from it.

jonno_knights

Juniors
If Morrin got 8 weeks for biting an arm it should be at least double that.

The ear is a much more vunerable place (as Hollyfield could tell you), and you actually have to go in search of it to bite it, showing a higher level of intent. An arm across the mouth for an extended period of time could bring about an instinct reaction to get the arm to move. Biting is bad in any case, but the ear is far worse, and has a higher potential for injury than a forearm. 16 weeks should be about par.

a. It was worse than the Morrin one.

and

b. The NRL will over-react like they always do these days and he will get even more than precedent would suggest.